Misha Grimes #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thoughts on her calories displayed on menus rant?

I personally think it’s great that restaurants now have to display calorie count as allows you to be more mindful into what you’re putting in your body. I personally struggle with weight being heavier than I would like and this would allow me to make better decisions.

Reactions: 12

I personally think it’s great that restaurants now have to display calorie count as allows you to be more mindful into what you’re putting in your body. I personally struggle with weight being heavier than I would like and this would allow me to make better decisions.
I really don’t like it - some restaurants are giving a QR code for you to view online instead which I prefer. I’ve been out for meals recently and as someone who hasn’t had any disordered eating before I found myself not ordering what I wanted as I felt guilty seeing the calories / left the meal feeling guilt, which isn’t enjoyable.

I’d rather not see it personally, be able to enjoy myself when I eat out and eat intuitively, vs seeing the calories and restricting myself as a result.

Reactions: 20

Yep I'm personally happy with it but understand how some people are worried.

What has wound me up though, she said 'people who didn't care about calories before aren't going to care now' and it seems like she's saying that people struggling with their weight don't care about calories when for many it's a far bigger challenge than that. It just seems quite short sighted but hey not sure what else I would expect.

Reactions: 10
Yep I'm personally happy with it but understand how some people are worried.

What has wound me up though, she said 'people who didn't care about calories before aren't going to care now' and it seems like she's saying that people struggling with their weight don't care about calories when for many it's a far bigger challenge than that. It just seems quite short sighted but hey not sure what else I would expect.
I’ve got no issues myself with the calories being there, I don’t eat out an awful lot and generally speaking if me and my bf are going out for a meal it’s for a treat so we definitely aren’t going to care how many calories we eat! Equally I do feel I’m lucky in that it’s never been something that’s bothered me, I know I could do with losing a few pounds, and I’m well aware of what I should and shouldn’t eat to enable me to do that, hit calories have never made me feel guilty about food, if I want something I’ll have it 🙈 I wish I did feel a bit more guilt about it as would make it much easier for me to lose the stone I need to lose! But I honestly have never felt that way, I enjoy food and eating and I’ll have what I want without thinking about calories…..but I know it affects my bf a lot more than me, he used to be overweight as a child and so worries about it happening again and so seeing calories on menus def put him off having certain things or he has then felt bad about himself for eating it etc afterwards, so I can see why some people are against it, personally I think they should just have it available somewhere separate or online or on an app, if you really want to know you can find out, if you don’t want to know you don’t haveto see it!

Reactions: 4

Understand what she's saying about the fact that overweight people have eating disorders, or alot don't disclose them, however what annoyed me was her 'the government don't know the nhmbers' statement about 60% of people are overweight/obese. That is the number, irregardless of whether some of those have eating disorders, as the small percentage of people who have been diagnosed with a eating disorder, and the probbaly middle number of people who fall within the healthy range, make up the other 40%.. She's tried to make out like the government are lying that there is a majority of the population are overweight becuase 'some may have BED' but it's simply not true. The majority of the UK is overweight.

However I do agree it should be something you can request to not have when you sit down at a resteraunt, similar to places where they provide vegan/veg only menus upon request to make life easier for vegans/veggies, and allergen menus for people who have allergies.

This is coming from someone who is a veggie and allergic to nuts, so I enjoy having a menu I can easily see the dietary requirements i need, however I would request a menu calories on as its not helpful to my mindset.

Reactions: 7
What annoyed me about her rant was that one of her arguments was about the government not knowing accurate ED figures because many don’t disclose it. They’re working off the figures they do know which shows obesity as significantly higher, does she expect them to guess accurate ED figures? She also admitted to not disclosing it herself so did she self diagnosed herself?

Regardless of calories on a menu or not, people suffering from EDs are going to work out the calories anyway. And also, people who are significantly underweight can be sectioned and hospitalised which can be potentially lifesaving, the same can’t done for people overweight. She tries too hard to sound educated but just comes off as a knob.

She just waffled on that whole rant and it sounded so unintelligent and yet again in her lack of reality bubble 🙄

Nah I’m sorry, this just isn’t a usual gym body, what is happening, why is there zero toning at all??
Also her HAIR 😳😳😳 so damaged.
and AHAHAHAH she does not know anything about bloody Pythagorean theorem, dying laughing at her thinking people are going to believe that bullshit 😂
Mystery solved. She may gym but no part of her body workout has even close to
Correct form (even that upper body workout she just posted had absolutely horrendous form). She can gym 7 days a week twice a day with that form and get absolutely no where.

Reactions: 5
why is she moaning about having no wardrobe space. Nobody needs a whole massive zip bag full of tracksuit bottoms

She just sounds so thick when she says things like why don’t schools teach you how to sort insurance or apply for a mortgage but they teach you X, Y, Z. Yes arguably schools should teach you life things but equally it’s not a one size fits all approach to insurance or applying for a mortgage and it varies in every individual situation so it would be hard for schools to teach if and even if they did I don’t know who would remember something from say year 11! Grow up Misha and rub the tiny remaining brain cells you have left to figure stuff out.

She just sounds so thick when she says things like why don’t schools teach you how to sort insurance or apply for a mortgage but they teach you X, Y, Z. Yes arguably schools should teach you life things but equally it’s not a one size fits all approach to insurance or applying for a mortgage and it varies in every individual situation so it would be hard for schools to teach if and even if they did I don’t know who would remember something from say year 11! Grow up Misha and rub the tiny remaining brain cells you have left to figure stuff out.
I don’t know about anyone else but in my final years at school my life revolved around pals, going out and boys. Just having to do my course work felt like the most stressful thing to ever happen to anyone ever. If someone tried to teach me about mortgages and insurance at that age I think my brain would have exploded 😂

Reactions: 3
How is it ‚Daddy’s Gin bar’ when there’s like 1 gin on that cart 😂also she ‚styles’ it so carefully like she’s designing sistine chapel, get over yourself Misha, you put a few bottles and glasses on shelves, it’s hardly revolutionary

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.