Miscarriage/Baby Loss

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you so much everyone x
I reached out to a lot of support places only to find long waiting lists, engaged lines or not all that much there. I’m finding today extra tough
It's absolutely heart breaking ain't it. Then you see these druggies and scums who fly through pregnancy and its like how tf is this fair?

Reactions: 9
Sadly joining in this thread- TW below

I had a missed miscarriage diagnosed at 10 weeks and I’m currently at the point where I’m honestly not sure how I’m going to go on or manage. It was completely unexpected as I had no symptoms and 4 good scans with strong heart beats that looked great each time. Shock of my life. I’m beyond devastated as I waited years for this and I have a fair few fertility issues so it’s not like I can just ‘try again’ or ‘have this pregnancy as a positive’ as people say. I’m traumatised by the way I was treated at the hospital too and the staff I saw. Booked in for surgery on Thursday and it really just feels like my world and dreams have ended
Elisha, I am so beyond sorry, I can’t even imagine how you must be feeling 😢 there isn’t much I can say but here if you need an ear and sending you all my love xxx
---
It's absolutely heart breaking ain't it. Then you see these druggies and scums who fly through pregnancy and its like how tf is this fair?
Exactly this, it’s so unfair, I just don’t understand why it’s so easy for a lot of the worst people and so difficult for so many healthy and decent people who try everything. I’m really sorry to hear your news too Lucy, I really hope it all ends up being okay ❤ xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Sadly joining in this thread- TW below

I had a missed miscarriage diagnosed at 10 weeks and I’m currently at the point where I’m honestly not sure how I’m going to go on or manage. It was completely unexpected as I had no symptoms and 4 good scans with strong heart beats that looked great each time. Shock of my life. I’m beyond devastated as I waited years for this and I have a fair few fertility issues so it’s not like I can just ‘try again’ or ‘have this pregnancy as a positive’ as people say. I’m traumatised by the way I was treated at the hospital too and the staff I saw. Booked in for surgery on Thursday and it really just feels like my world and dreams have ended
I’m so sorry for your loss. Missed miscarriage is absolutely horrendous. Take care of yourself xxx

• Heart
Thank you for your kind words everyone, it means a lot. Today has been awful, so I’ve made the decision to try an emergency counselling/ crisis service tonight to see if that helps at all 💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Thank you for your kind words everyone, it means a lot. Today has been awful, so I’ve made the decision to try an emergency counselling/ crisis service tonight to see if that helps at all 💔
Quoting myself.. it actually made things so much worse and made me feel even more alone and broken. If anyone knows any charities I can try (not the main ones) I’d truly appreciate it

• Heart
Quoting myself.. it actually made things so much worse and made me feel even more alone and broken. If anyone knows any charities I can try (not the main ones) I’d truly appreciate it
I’ve not used any of these charities but there’s Sands, Tommys, Miscarriage Association, petals are some but depending on where you live there will be local charities that offer counselling

As above, Tommys are really helpful as they’re midwives so can answer any questions you have too. I’m just so sorry Elisha. I promise it won’t be this hard forever. You’re strong and you will get through it, you’re just at the absolute most difficult point right now ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
It might be a stretch but in my town there is a private fertility/pregnancy clinic and they were offering free 15 minute calls to discuss options. Obviously this was them aiming to sell a full first consultation and testing etc. But actually the woman was so nice and kind and talked me through what our options are and actually said it’s best to keep one foot in the door with the NHS. You don’t have to live here to call them so I can recommend if you want? Or you could google similar companies near you. Being private they are nicer and more constructive. Also happy to swap details if you want someone to talk to. Xxx

• Heart
Any still testing positive for pregnancy weeks after their MC?
I started miscarrying mid December and had a D&C 2 weeks ago. They told me to test at 3 weeks, but I did test at the weekend out of curiosity and it was a strong positive still. How many weeks has it been for you?

It’s so disheartening as I’m still having some bleeding and it feels like it’s just dragging on.

I was still testing positive at three weeks post D&C. It had got fainter though than the solid one at 2 weeks so I didn’t bother to call them. Then I got my period around 4 weeks after.
I did find with bleeding I had very little in the couple of days after and then it was bad for about a week before it stopped. I did call them about that because I was confused at how it seemed to be okay, then get worse but they said that wasn’t unusual.

I started miscarrying mid December and had a D&C 2 weeks ago. They told me to test at 3 weeks, but I did test at the weekend out of curiosity and it was a strong positive still. How many weeks has it been for you?

It’s so disheartening as I’m still having some bleeding and it feels like it’s just dragging on.
thank you for the info

I started bleeding on the 16th of December and within a day it was heavy bleeding and cramps which lasted about 10 days. I was 8 weeks pregnant
And still testing positive but it is getting fainter

do people calculate the miscarriage from the first day of bleeding? or when it is confirmed? Or when the bleeding stops?
So confused!
---
I was still testing positive at three weeks post D&C. It had got fainter though than the solid one at 2 weeks so I didn’t bother to call them. Then I got my period around 4 weeks after.
I did find with bleeding I had very little in the couple of days after and then it was bad for about a week before it stopped. I did call them about that because I was confused at how it seemed to be okay, then get worse but they said that wasn’t unusual.
This happened to me too
The bleeding was very heavy then got better then got worse

my cramps were horrific

I did the miscarriage the natural way but I wish I’d sped it up

Yeah I had a similar conversation with a nurse earlier this week as I bled for a week, then it stopped for a few days, then it started up again. She said it was normal but that if I’m still bleeding tomorrow I need to call as they may rescan me. I really want to try again as soon as possible so the prolonging of it all is really stressful.

I just wanted to say that reading this thread has really helped me the last few days. I had a mmc at 7 weeks and a d and c this week. Was confused about everything as it seemed to all happen so quickly. Reading through all your experiences has made me feel less alone and reassured so thank you. My heart goes out to all here going through all your losses and pain. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I just wanted to say that reading this thread has really helped me the last few days. I had a mmc at 7 weeks and a d and c this week. Was confused about everything as it seemed to all happen so quickly. Reading through all your experiences has made me feel less alone and reassured so thank you. My heart goes out to all here going through all your losses and pain. ❤
Sending much love to you. I always think it’s a gang nobody wants to be in, but it’s lovely to have each other ❤

• Heart
Really struggling after a D&C this week. Counting down the days to try again even though I can’t bare the idea at the same time. I’m not sure how I’m going to manage all my social events coming up or tell the people who don’t know 💔

Thank you so much for the kind words all, I really appreciate it💚

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Apologies in advance for this pity party I am about to have but I’m really struggling today. I would have been due my 12w scan on the 15th, I got the letter in whilst I was going through my MC and have been dreading the date ever since. I just feel utterly done in but also feel stupid for being so upset.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Apologies in advance for this pity party I am about to have but I’m really struggling today. I would have been due my 12w scan on the 15th, I got the letter in whilst I was going through my MC and have been dreading the date ever since. I just feel utterly done in but also feel stupid for being so upset.
Pity all you want, I know how awful it is. I was due to have my 12 week scan next week and I’ve had to cancel that and our gender reveal scan we had booked for Valentine’s Day due to a loss last week 💔 dates are really tough to deal with and I’ve been the exact same as you

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Pity all you want, I know how awful it is. I was due to have my 12 week scan next week and I’ve had to cancel that and our gender reveal scan we had booked for Valentine’s Day due to a loss last week 💔 dates are really tough to deal with and I’ve been the exact same as you
Sending my love to you. ❤

• Heart
So sorry Lorny, you’re not stupid for feeling the way you do at all ❤

• Heart