Miscarriage/Baby Loss

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey
just wondering if this is normally how it goes?
I started to bleed on Saturday and had an internal yesterday where I was told I haven’t yet passed anything inside my womb
So far it’s been cramping (on and off) and now heavy consistent bleeding like a period but no discharge/tissue/clot.
Should I expect to see when this all comes out or can it just be blood like your period?
My concern is that it doesn’t pass naturally and/or I get an infection.
The hospital said to come back in a week if I’m still bleeding but I suppose what I want to know is how do I know once I’ve passed most of my miscarriage??
Thank you xx

Sorry I can’t message you directly @Jasminexx02 to save everyone else the chemical chat but I just found this thread and it’s been really inspiring ❤ https://www.reddit.com/r/BabyBumps/...early_miscarriagechemical/?xpromo_edp=enabled
Thank you ❤ I think our search history must be almost the exact same over the past week!! Let me know how you get along with the fertility clinic and hormone testing, not OTT in the slightest, your feelings are completely valid. I’ve contacted my GP today and asked for my full blood count, thyroid and vit d levels to be checked so waiting to hear back from them ❤

Hi
Hey
just wondering if this is normally how it goes?
I started to bleed on Saturday and had an internal yesterday where I was told I haven’t yet passed anything inside my womb
So far it’s been cramping (on and off) and now heavy consistent bleeding like a period but no discharge/tissue/clot.
Should I expect to see when this all comes out or can it just be blood like your period?
My concern is that it doesn’t pass naturally and/or I get an infection.
The hospital said to come back in a week if I’m still bleeding but I suppose what I want to know is how do I know once I’ve passed most of my miscarriage??
Thank you xx
Sorry to hear this, I’m currently going through similar. Have they scanned you yet?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m currently having my third loss in 8 months. I had a little girl stillborn at full term in April, a chemical at the end of August and 9 week miscarriage on 1st Dec 💔

Has anyone else experienced really bad headaches? I’m 2 weeks since my miscarriage and have had headaches constantly for the last 5 days 😞

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m currently having my third loss in 8 months. I had a little girl stillborn at full term in April, a chemical at the end of August and 9 week miscarriage on 1st Dec 💔

Has anyone else experienced really bad headaches? I’m 2 weeks since my miscarriage and have had headaches constantly for the last 5 days 😞
I do definitely get headaches around everything to do with my cycle. So sorry to hear what you’ve been through, you must be so strong.

• Heart
After a week of waiting to see what happened, I had a scan this morning and was given the option of waiting a few more weeks or having surgical management. I chose surgical management and they managed to get me in tomorrow which I’m really grateful for but I’m so nervous now.

They said if all goes to plan I should be out by lunchtime but I still don’t really know what to expect. Feels like a really weird mix of being glad they’ve got me in this quick, but being upset that this pregnancy is going to be properly finished.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi

Sorry to hear this, I’m currently going through similar. Have they scanned you yet?
Hey thank you for replying. I had an internal yesterday and they said nothing had happened in terms of the miscarriage leaving my womb

Hey thank you for replying. I had an internal yesterday and they said nothing had happened in terms of the miscarriage leaving my womb
That’s what happened to me too. So I had to wait the week, then went back today and had another scan. I’ve been bleeding in that time but nothing too heavy, same as what you said. They gave me the option to have the surgical management which I went for so that I know it’s done, rather than waiting a few more weeks for it to happen naturally. Have you got another appointment/scan booked? The nurse I saw today was really good and explained all the options so hopefully they will do the same for you too x

• Heart
I had surgical management in August and although the whole process of miscarriage is awful, please don’t be too worried about the procedure itself. I found it was quick and you can leave very soon after. It doesn’t hurt but I did have some cramps and a fair bit of bleeding in the following days. I’d say take as much time off as you can to rest.
I felt the same, a mix of relief to have it scheduled and to feel like I had a bit more control of the situation finally, but also just really sad that that was it.
Best of luck with it xxx

• Heart
I had surgical management in August and although the whole process of miscarriage is awful, please don’t be too worried about the procedure itself. I found it was quick and you can leave very soon after. It doesn’t hurt but I did have some cramps and a fair bit of bleeding in the following days. I’d say take as much time off as you can to rest.
I felt the same, a mix of relief to have it scheduled and to feel like I had a bit more control of the situation finally, but also just really sad that that was it.
Best of luck with it xxx
Same here exactly.
In case it’s a help to anyone just wanted to share two conversations I had with a private fertility Dr and my local EPU. They both said basically my recent chemical pregnancy does count as a miscarriage (so my second after my MMC) and so it’s best to let the EPU know. If (hopefully not) my next pregnancy ends that way too they’ll be able to provide much more support. Also, next time I get a positive pregnancy test the EPU may be able to prescribe progesterone as soon as possible to help support that pregnancy rather than me just waiting to see what happens.

It was really helpful to hear as I thought I’d just have to wait to see what my body does. Sorry if this is obvious to anyone but I feel reassured that we’ve been trying for c. 7 months and they can already offer us options. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Same here exactly.
In case it’s a help to anyone just wanted to share two conversations I had with a private fertility Dr and my local EPU. They both said basically my recent chemical pregnancy does count as a miscarriage (so my second after my MMC) and so it’s best to let the EPU know. If (hopefully not) my next pregnancy ends that way too they’ll be able to provide much more support. Also, next time I get a positive pregnancy test the EPU may be able to prescribe progesterone as soon as possible to help support that pregnancy rather than me just waiting to see what happens.

It was really helpful to hear as I thought I’d just have to wait to see what my body does. Sorry if this is obvious to anyone but I feel reassured that we’ve been trying for c. 7 months and they can already offer us options. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼
That’s brilliant news, I hope it’s made you feel at least a tiny bit better and given you hope ❤

That’s what happened to me too. So I had to wait the week, then went back today and had another scan. I’ve been bleeding in that time but nothing too heavy, same as what you said. They gave me the option to have the surgical management which I went for so that I know it’s done, rather than waiting a few more weeks for it to happen naturally. Have you got another appointment/scan booked? The nurse I saw today was really good and explained all the options so hopefully they will do the same for you too x
I hope you’re ok and good luck ❤
They just said come back at any point if you feel you need to which wasn’t much help.
I’ve had horrendous pain and bleeding but still nothing has come out.
I’ll be back to see them on Boxing Day if nothing has happened by then.
Can I ask. Why did you go for the surgical option? Was it because it wasn’t happening naturally?
hope you’re ok xx
---
Best of luck with it xxx
That’s good to hear
I fully understand the control aspect and that’s why I wanted the medical intervention x

I hope you’re ok and good luck ❤
They just said come back at any point if you feel you need to which wasn’t much help.
I’ve had horrendous pain and bleeding but still nothing has come out.
I’ll be back to see them on Boxing Day if nothing has happened by then.
Can I ask. Why did you go for the surgical option? Was it because it wasn’t happening naturally?
hope you’re ok xx
Thank you, it went well and was actually all fine. I went in at 7am and was back home by 1pm. I’ve had a bit of bleeding but normal period amount, no cramping yet just feeling tired from the anaesthetic.

I chose the surgical management because I just wanted to get it over with, to be honest. It was happening naturally but the nurse said it could be another few weeks until it fully happens. The past week has felt so long, constantly checking the bleeding and waiting for something more to happen and mentally/emotionally I’ve found it really hard. I also have another child, and with Christmas being so close I wanted to have the surgical procedure done now so that hopefully by next week I feel physically a bit better.

Are you taking anything for the pain? Sorry this is happening to you over Christmas too, it feels so sad doesn’t it 😢 I hope they can sort out the option you want on Boxing Day x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thank you, it went well and was actually all fine. I went in at 7am and was back home by 1pm. I’ve had a bit of bleeding but normal period amount, no cramping yet just feeling tired from the anaesthetic.

I chose the surgical management because I just wanted to get it over with, to be honest. It was happening naturally but the nurse said it could be another few weeks until it fully happens. The past week has felt so long, constantly checking the bleeding and waiting for something more to happen and mentally/emotionally I’ve found it really hard. I also have another child, and with Christmas being so close I wanted to have the surgical procedure done now so that hopefully by next week I feel physically a bit better.

Are you taking anything for the pain? Sorry this is happening to you over Christmas too, it feels so sad doesn’t it 😢 I hope they can sort out the option you want on Boxing Day x
Thanks lovely and I am pleased it went ok.
It’s utterly tit over the festive period. I’m really cramping and it’s so painful but then it completely goes every few hours
Still passing lots of blood but still no tissue.

we’ve travelled back home (different country) and we’re going to announce to our families our pregnancy 😭😢 obviously that’s not happening now.

the pain is hell and I’ve dug out some old meds for something else I must of had to ease the pain
A hot water bottle is helping
The exhaustion is killing me.

I don’t feel very festive
I wish that is was a quick mc but I think I’ll be going through this the whole of Christmas

sending all my love to everyone x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thanks lovely and I am pleased it went ok.
It’s utterly tit over the festive period. I’m really cramping and it’s so painful but then it completely goes every few hours
Still passing lots of blood but still no tissue.

we’ve travelled back home (different country) and we’re going to announce to our families our pregnancy 😭😢 obviously that’s not happening now.

the pain is hell and I’ve dug out some old meds for something else I must of had to ease the pain
A hot water bottle is helping
The exhaustion is killing me.

I don’t feel very festive
I wish that is was a quick mc but I think I’ll be going through this the whole of Christmas

sending all my love to everyone x
I really feel for you, we were going to tell our families at Christmas too. It’s heartbreaking. I really hope the pain is manageable, do what you have to do to put yourself first over Christmas and not too much longer now until you can have your next appointment x

• Heart
I’ve been seen at EPU, over 3 weeks later and tests positive and still bleeding mostly fresh/clotting.
EPU were furious with how I’d been dismissed and left with no follow up from the ward and couldn’t apologise enough.

I have retained tissue, which I have opted for surgical management of. I broke down to the nurse, it was the first time someone had really sat me down and spoke to me about what happened, what’s happening and what will happen.
I’ve been signed off for another 3 weeks. I felt very triggered being in the hospital, despite working there for years.

This whole thing has been so incredibly lonely, and I’m very thankful to have found this thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve been seen at EPU, over 3 weeks later and tests positive and still bleeding mostly fresh/clotting.
EPU were furious with how I’d been dismissed and left with no follow up from the ward and couldn’t apologise enough.

I have retained tissue, which I have opted for surgical management of. I broke down to the nurse, it was the first time someone had really sat me down and spoke to me about what happened, what’s happening and what will happen.
I’ve been signed off for another 3 weeks. I felt very triggered being in the hospital, despite working there for years.

This whole thing has been so incredibly lonely, and I’m very thankful to have found this thread.
Sending you so much love. ❤

• Heart
I’m in that horrible state of limbo at the moment. 5w2d today and the pink bleeding has started. Too early for the EPAS unit to see me. A&E will just send me in circles like they did last time. This is my 4th pregnancy. I’ve never made it past 6 weeks. I can’t believe it’s all happening again. I told my fiancé on Christmas Day that we were expecting. Two days. Two bleeping days was all we had to be happy and excited. And now it’s happening all over again. Merry bleeping Christmas and happy bleeping New Year to us.

• Sad
Reactions: 8