Miscarriage/Baby Loss

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m in that horrible state of limbo at the moment. 5w2d today and the pink bleeding has started. Too early for the EPAS unit to see me. A&E will just send me in circles like they did last time. This is my 4th pregnancy. I’ve never made it past 6 weeks. I can’t believe it’s all happening again. I told my fiancé on Christmas Day that we were expecting. Two days. Two bleeping days was all we had to be happy and excited. And now it’s happening all over again. Merry bleeping Christmas and happy bleeping New Year to us.
I am so sorry 😢 has your GP offered to refer you to the recurrent miscarriage clinic seeing as you’ve already been through this 3 times before? ❤

I’m in that horrible state of limbo at the moment. 5w2d today and the pink bleeding has started. Too early for the EPAS unit to see me. A&E will just send me in circles like they did last time. This is my 4th pregnancy. I’ve never made it past 6 weeks. I can’t believe it’s all happening again. I told my fiancé on Christmas Day that we were expecting. Two days. Two bleeping days was all we had to be happy and excited. And now it’s happening all over again. Merry bleeping Christmas and happy bleeping New Year to us.
So sorry to hear this lovely. It might be worth pressing your EPU? I was told last week since next time I’m pregnant will be my third I can get a scan/progesterone etc. maybe even just turn up there?!

I am so sorry 😢 has your GP offered to refer you to the recurrent miscarriage clinic seeing as you’ve already been through this 3 times before? ❤
Unfortunately not, GP services in my area are shocking for women’s healthcare. I try and get around my GP as much as possible. I last went in to speak to her about my bloods and how I was feeling after my last loss in July and she shamed me for my weight because my BMI is above 30. Said she wouldn’t refer me for anything because my weight is obviously the problem causing losses and she said clearly I snack too much. I had a panic attack because I couldn’t believe what she was saying to me. I know I’m overweight but I don’t think I’m that bad, I’m about a size 16-18. She didn’t apologise or offer me a tissue, just dismissed me. What’s even worse is she’s about twice the size of me!

I can’t even change GPs because in our area they’re all covered by the same company. I’ve lost over 2 stone since my last loss but even then it’s not good enough for these horrible people.
---
So sorry to hear this lovely. It might be worth pressing your EPU? I was told last week since next time I’m pregnant will be my third I can get a scan/progesterone etc. maybe even just turn up there?!
I asked them about progesterone and even a short term prescription to get me through the next week but they said they’d need to scan at 6 weeks to check viability before offering progesterone. 😢

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Unfortunately not, GP services in my area are shocking for women’s healthcare. I try and get around my GP as much as possible. I last went in to speak to her about my bloods and how I was feeling after my last loss in July and she shamed me for my weight because my BMI is above 30. Said she wouldn’t refer me for anything because my weight is obviously the problem causing losses and she said clearly I snack too much. I had a panic attack because I couldn’t believe what she was saying to me. I know I’m overweight but I don’t think I’m that bad, I’m about a size 16-18. She didn’t apologise or offer me a tissue, just dismissed me. What’s even worse is she’s about twice the size of me!

I can’t even change GPs because in our area they’re all covered by the same company. I’ve lost over 2 stone since my last loss but even then it’s not good enough for these horrible people.
---

I asked them about progesterone and even a short term prescription to get me through the next week but they said they’d need to scan at 6 weeks to check viability before offering progesterone. 😢
I am so sorry. I know you know that your weight isn’t the issue and shame on the GP for that comment, but I’m the same as you in terms of early losses and have had five now all while having a bmi deemed “normal”. So basically it’s bullshit. I’m sending a huge hug to you. It’s so unfair

• Heart
Reactions: 3

---

Are you kidding me???? What the duck! Im so so sorry and sending my love to you and your partner.
But I’m also raging for you how dare anyone make you feel like it is your fault for a miscarriage and dismiss you. Im sure you’re not ready or in the right head space but perhaps Tommys can help? And definitely speak to your GP
I’ve got my husband to do this for me when I’m too upset as I find it so stressful
I had a horrendous experience with a doctor in A and E but it was only made ok with the lovely nurses.
I think right now just take your time. Try and be as kind to yourself as you can
You are not alone even though it feels so lonely.

• Heart
I’m so sorry you’re going through this and for a 4th time 😞 life is so unfair.

I received a letter this morning from the hospital for the appointment that would’ve been my 20 week scan. Just been sat crying since I opened it. Why is the communication between departments so bleeping poor, especially for something like this? I’m appalled at the lack of support for women going through pregnancy loss as it is.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
When I went to a and e and I told the receptionist it was a suspected miscarriage I waited to be seen by the nurse and she asked me if I could be pregnant

What the actual duck do they tell the nurses if I’ve come In with miscarriage symptoms but what are they told???

• Sad
I received a letter this morning from the hospital for the appointment that would’ve been my 20 week scan. Just been sat crying since I opened it. Why is the communication between departments so bleeping poor, especially for something like this? I’m appalled at the lack of support for women going through pregnancy loss as it is.
That’s awful, it definitely should have been communicated ☹

I’m so sorry, they are utterly useless tbh. I had a missed call and a text yesterday morning from the midwife about missing my booking appointment and to call her to reschedule. I called the EPU on the 6th December to cancel that and my first scan, the information was never passed to the community midwives.

• Sad
I just got off the phone with a doctor. I was pretty adamant that I not speak to the last one who was horrendous to me and blamed my weight for my losses. I was still really nervous waiting for the call. The doctor I spoke to sounded really lovely and understanding though, just asked a few pregnancy history questions and if we drank and she said she’ll refer us right away. She couldn’t say how long it would take but she did say I didn’t have to wait for the referral to try again for a baby. Just mentioned maybe I should give myself a break for well-being reasons, but certainly not medical ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Feeling like this is getting too much now, I’m taking this hard. The crying is exhausting, it’s been pretty much everyday for weeks. I feel like I’m getting worse and the constant stream of pregnancy/birth announcements is agonising. It hurts so bad and honestly I’m just fed up of bleeping everything.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Sadly joining in this thread- TW below

I had a missed miscarriage diagnosed at 10 weeks and I’m currently at the point where I’m honestly not sure how I’m going to go on or manage. It was completely unexpected as I had no symptoms and 4 good scans with strong heart beats that looked great each time. Shock of my life. I’m beyond devastated as I waited years for this and I have a fair few fertility issues so it’s not like I can just ‘try again’ or ‘have this pregnancy as a positive’ as people say. I’m traumatised by the way I was treated at the hospital too and the staff I saw. Booked in for surgery on Thursday and it really just feels like my world and dreams have ended

• Heart
Reactions: 11

I had a missed miscarriage diagnosed at 10 weeks and I’m currently at the point where I’m honestly not sure how I’m going to go on or manage. It was completely unexpected as I had no symptoms and 4 good scans with strong heart beats that looked great each time. Shock of my life. I’m beyond devastated as I waited years for this and I have a fair few fertility issues so it’s not like I can just ‘try again’ or ‘have this pregnancy as a positive’ as people say. I’m traumatised by the way I was treated at the hospital too and the staff I saw. Booked in for surgery on Thursday and it really just feels like my world and dreams have ended
This is heartbreaking, I’m so sorry Elisha. Sending you all the love and support in the world. Also sorry you didn’t get the support you deserved from the professionals. Take the time you need to heal, we’re all here on the thread for you to vent to ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1

I’m so so sorry 🩷🩷🩷 we are here for you

• Heart

So sorry to read this Elisha. I’ve found huge support on this thread and I hope you know that you’re not alone ❤

• Heart

Sending lots of love. ❤❤

I found out 2 days after Xmas I have infact fell pregnant again. However my symptoms over past few days have all but disappeared. I've had MMC before and it feels the same as then. Can't even get a private early scan until next week as only 5ish weeks atm. Feel very sad and I know exactly the news I'm gonna hear next week.☹☹☹☹ Went docs and was told at reception not much they can do just take another test.

• Sad
  • Heart
Sending lots of love. ❤❤

I found out 2 days after Xmas I have infact fell pregnant again. However my symptoms over past few days have all but disappeared. I've had MMC before and it feels the same as then. Can't even get a private early scan until next week as only 5ish weeks atm. Feel very sad and I know exactly the news I'm gonna hear next week.☹☹☹☹ Went docs and was told at reception not much they can do just take another test.
In a similar position. Also found out I was pregnant again over Christmas following a MMC with surgical management in August.
My initial positivity has gone though as I took a clear blue weeks test at first which showed 1-2 weeks (meaning 3-4) and was correct. I then took another one of these about 10 days later (stupid to do it to myself I know) and got exactly the same result.
I called the EPAC and they’ve booked me for a scan next Wednesday but I couldn’t wait so booked a private one tomorrow.
It’s weird getting pregnant after a miscarriage, it’s like I never really even expected there to be a baby this time. That idea of a positive test meaning a baby is just gone for me.

I really hope it does work out for you. One positive I’m trying to take is that at least we’re better prepared for bad news now.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
In a similar position. Also found out I was pregnant again over Christmas following a MMC with surgical management in August.
My initial positivity has gone though as I took a clear blue weeks test at first which showed 1-2 weeks (meaning 3-4) and was correct. I then took another one of these about 10 days later (stupid to do it to myself I know) and got exactly the same result.
I called the EPAC and they’ve booked me for a scan next Wednesday but I couldn’t wait so booked a private one tomorrow.
It’s weird getting pregnant after a miscarriage, it’s like I never really even expected there to be a baby this time. That idea of a positive test meaning a baby is just gone for me.

I really hope it does work out for you. One positive I’m trying to take is that at least we’re better prepared for bad news now.
Aww I'm taking my next digital test on Friday. Last week it said 2-3 which would of been right. Awwww I hope it goes OK tomorrow for you. ❤ I'm dreading doing this test on Friday. Earliest I can have a scan is next Friday. I've been taking my folic acid just incase but not holding out much hope ☹

Thank you so much everyone x
I reached out to a lot of support places only to find long waiting lists, engaged lines or not all that much there. I’m finding today extra tough

• Heart
Reactions: 5