Miscarriage/Baby Loss

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husband is here but I’d rather he wasn’t. Our first was early…a “chemical” although I hate that term, our second was at 10 weeks. This is another early so he just sees it as a “fertilised egg that didn’t take.” He actually just said to me “It hasn’t happened this month, so we’ll try again next month.” It has happened. For 5 days I have been pregnant and hoping this one would be a baby I could hold.
That's so awful. Regardless of how far along you are it's still such an upsetting thing to go through. From my limited experience it seems that things aren't 'real' for our partners until much later. I don't think it had sunk in that we were pregnant for my boyfriend until we found out I was miscarrying and he saw what that was like. Have you got friends who know what you're going through? Just having someone who 'gets it' can help but I know not everyone does.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thank you. I’m so lucky I have a wonderful, older friend who sadly had to endure 9 losses before she got her daughter, so she really understands and will always talk to me.

Hi everyone, glad to have found this thread as I think i’m miscarrying and just don’t know who to speak to.
My family and husband are so supportive but in their own way (they’re problem solvers) and i’m just not ready to discuss what ifs and let’s try again and all that. I want to be sad.
It’s my second pregnancy, I didn’t have any bleeding in my first so this is all totally alien to me. I have a scan booked for tomorrow morning but the light bleeding has progressed to heavy bleeding / passing clots so I’m really not that hopeful.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi everyone, glad to have found this thread as I think i’m miscarrying and just don’t know who to speak to.
My family and husband are so supportive but in their own way (they’re problem solvers) and i’m just not ready to discuss what ifs and let’s try again and all that. I want to be sad.
It’s my second pregnancy, I didn’t have any bleeding in my first so this is all totally alien to me. I have a scan booked for tomorrow morning but the light bleeding has progressed to heavy bleeding / passing clots so I’m really not that hopeful.
So sorry you're going through this. I understand what you mean, it's OK to feel sad and it's important to feel whatever you're feeling. Make sure you allow yourself time to process this and be kind to yourself.

• Heart
I’m pregnant again and have a 6 week viability scan tomorrow, feel sick to my stomach and so nervous, I know how lucky I am to have fallen, but so worried it will be taken away tomorrow. I still feel pregnant but I did last time. It’s so hard, I just want to enjoy it but miscarriage makes it so hard. My heart goes out to all of you here, whatever your situation xx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m pregnant again and have a 6 week viability scan tomorrow, feel sick to my stomach and so nervous, I know how lucky I am to have fallen, but so worried it will be taken away tomorrow. I still feel pregnant but I did last time. It’s so hard, I just want to enjoy it but miscarriage makes it so hard. My heart goes out to all of you here, whatever your situation xx
I understand, I had the same anxiety when I fell pregnant not long after my MC. All the very best for your scan tomorrow x

• Heart
Hope everything goes well at your scan tomorrow. Those first 12 weeks are just about taking things day by day x

• Heart
Hoping everything goes well for you! I’m in a similar position, 5+5 currently and had a MMC in August. Part of me wants to book a viability scan but the other half of me is feeling exactly like you describe, not wanting it to be taken away again. Sending lots of love for tomorrow 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Just wondering how anyone else copes with recurrent miscarriage? I’ve had 3 in the last year…all at various stages of pregnancy…6 weeks, 10 weeks and 4 weeks. Paid for a private consultation twice and had various tests and far as they can tell there’s no reason this is happening, keep telling me it’s just bad luck. I know it could be worse….but I’m struggling, outside I keep it together and everyone tells me how strong I am. But inside I want to die and be with my babies. I struggled with self harm as a teenager, and now it’s back. I’m cutting myself on a weekly basis but my husband doesn’t notice. We’re trying again but it feels like every pregnancy will end. My two best friends are due in July and September so I’m surrounded by their baby chat. I feel like I can’t remember life before the losses.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Just wondering how anyone else copes with recurrent miscarriage? I’ve had 3 in the last year…all at various stages of pregnancy…6 weeks, 10 weeks and 4 weeks. Paid for a private consultation twice and had various tests and far as they can tell there’s no reason this is happening, keep telling me it’s just bad luck. I know it could be worse….but I’m struggling, outside I keep it together and everyone tells me how strong I am. But inside I want to die and be with my babies. I struggled with self harm as a teenager, and now it’s back. I’m cutting myself on a weekly basis but my husband doesn’t notice. We’re trying again but it feels like every pregnancy will end. My two best friends are due in July and September so I’m surrounded by their baby chat. I feel like I can’t remember life before the losses.
I’m so sad for you, and so sorry this has happened and you’re feeling this way.
Do you have a support network IRL (aside from your husband)? Friends/family/professionals (not the doctor but eg therapist) you’ve spoken to about it?
I haven’t had recurrent miscarriages, just 1, but I found opening up to everyone in my life really helpful.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m so sad for you, and so sorry this has happened and you’re feeling this way.
Do you have a support network IRL (aside from your husband)? Friends/family/professionals (not the doctor but eg therapist) you’ve spoken to about it?
I haven’t had recurrent miscarriages, just 1, but I found opening up to everyone in my life really helpful.
Thank you for being so nice. 💕 I think they’re sick of hearing about it to be honest…I feel like I’ve let my parents down cos they’re desperate for grandchildren. My friends say things like “at least you know you can get pregnant.” Or “at least you weren’t too far on.” I honestly feel like they’d all be better off without me, my husband already has a child so it’s not the same for him.

• Heart
Thank you for being so nice. 💕 I think they’re sick of hearing about it to be honest…I feel like I’ve let my parents down cos they’re desperate for grandchildren. My friends say things like “at least you know you can get pregnant.” Or “at least you weren’t too far on.” I honestly feel like they’d all be better off without me, my husband already has a child so it’s not the same for him.
People always say cliche things like that thinking it’s helpful but it’s not. Each loss is a trauma and you’ve had 3 traumas in a short space of time which is an awful lot for anyone to bear. I think you’d really benefit from counselling or therapy if you can access it. I found my family didn’t want to talk about it either which was difficult for me because I felt like I needed to. At least with some kind of talking therapy you always have that person who will listen to you and it will also be helpful for support for next time as pregnancy after loss is an anxious time.

You are not any less of a person/daughter/wife because of your losses. Sending hugs ❤

• Heart
I agree with what someone else said - find someone you can talk to who will listen/won’t give you ‘advice’ or try make you feel better. I get how hurtful those comments can be even if they are well meaning. Therapy, or even see if there are any miscarriage support groups in your local area (there probably will be, it’s just knowing what to search for). It won’t fix it for you but it’ll make it so much more bearable.
And they absolutely would not be better off without you, you’re important and you’re loved, no matter what you’re brain is currently telling you 🧡

• Heart
Hi. Hope it’s ok to post. I’m feeling very alone and no one really to speak to atm and just needed to write down what happened. Obviously trigger warning coming up

i found out I was pregnant two weeks ago. I was over the moon cos we’ve been trying for so long. Both me and my partner were made up. Everything was looking so good was getting all the symptoms. Then on the Saturday just gone I started spotting pink at about 2pm, started freaking out cos I had backache as well, rang my EPU they said that it could be three things either implantation, a chemical pregnancy or miscarriage. Then the spotting stopped and the pain stopped so I felt a bit more relieved. The next night, spotting started the exact same time so I thought oh maybe it’s just implantation, tried to be positive. Then the next day woke up to more blood and a sore shoulder so I rang my EPU again and they got me in. Was there 9:30am-3.30 waiting all day for a scan, to be scanned and told everything was fine. the woman said she could see baby, it was 5-6 weeks and she isn’t overly concerned. Couldn’t see any reason for the bleeding so she said come back in 10 days to see how baby has progressed. Felt a lot more reassured, went home and had an hours nap. Woke up from nap and went the loo, wiped and there was loads of coffee ground like discharge. Tried to remain positive but as the night went on the blood started getting thicker and darker, then turned into huge clots. So now I feel very sad and very lost

luckily my partner has took the day off so I’m not on my own whilst I’m in agony and looking after our two year old. At the moment my partner has fell asleep on the sofa and I just feel so lost

thanks for reading all my post if you made it this far I know it was a long one x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi. Hope it’s ok to post. I’m feeling very alone and no one really to speak to atm and just needed to write down what happened. Obviously trigger warning coming up

i found out I was pregnant two weeks ago. I was over the moon cos we’ve been trying for so long. Both me and my partner were made up. Everything was looking so good was getting all the symptoms. Then on the Saturday just gone I started spotting pink at about 2pm, started freaking out cos I had backache as well, rang my EPU they said that it could be three things either implantation, a chemical pregnancy or miscarriage. Then the spotting stopped and the pain stopped so I felt a bit more relieved. The next night, spotting started the exact same time so I thought oh maybe it’s just implantation, tried to be positive. Then the next day woke up to more blood and a sore shoulder so I rang my EPU again and they got me in. Was there 9:30am-3.30 waiting all day for a scan, to be scanned and told everything was fine. the woman said she could see baby, it was 5-6 weeks and she isn’t overly concerned. Couldn’t see any reason for the bleeding so she said come back in 10 days to see how baby has progressed. Felt a lot more reassured, went home and had an hours nap. Woke up from nap and went the loo, wiped and there was loads of coffee ground like discharge. Tried to remain positive but as the night went on the blood started getting thicker and darker, then turned into huge clots. So now I feel very sad and very lost

luckily my partner has took the day off so I’m not on my own whilst I’m in agony and looking after our two year old. At the moment my partner has fell asleep on the sofa and I just feel so lost

thanks for reading all my post if you made it this far I know it was a long one x
I saw your message on the pregnancy thread. So sorry you’re going through this worry. I’d call your EPU again and explain what you’re experiencing and see can they see you before 10 days. Be firm but polite that you need to be seen, for your own mental health. I hope everything is ok x

• Heart
Reactions: 5

I'm so sorry you're going through this ❤ I had a situation where I had to wait a week to see if things progressed and it felt like forever. I'd definitely recommend speaking to someone again now that you've experienced more bleeding though.

• Heart

So sorry to read this. How have you been today? Have you rang back up and said it’s got worse? X

• Heart