Mimi and Alex Ikonn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Indeed, Didi owns/is the director of the Montessori school in London. Remember how Mimi & Alex kept talking about having their own school? Maybe they're planning on opening one all together or to invest in Didi's school?

It's so annoying when Alex is like "I've been bugging this person to get on Instagram forever"... he said this with multiple people. Not everybody is "social butterfly" aka a narcissist. Some people enjoy actually living in the moment instead of saying "live in the moment" to others by posting a photo or story taken while NOT living in said moment. Some people won't pimp their children for clout or sell some manufactured idea of perfection for money and praise. Let them be normal.

Reactions: 1
They're STILL in Positano, yawn surely they need to move on somewhere else, how long can Alex film a boat and the same landscape and say 'so grateful' . yeah so grateful you guys are travelling in the middle of. pandemic for no care but yourselves . I know Italy and Europe are open for business again and it' blows my mind.
I love the Amalfi coast but they both make it look boring on insta. One thing they were good at was travel vlogs but they seem to have stopped doing them? where is the money coming from at this rate? i do wonder why they stopped doing as many videos on YT as that was their bread and butter , especially Mimi's monthly faves and her fashion ones, she actually had really good taste in some clothes and products.
They need to find a way to undo all the hate they surely got from travelling during covid. It's interesting they don't seem to care.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
You know Mimi has (i think) truly never monetised her videos, they just use it to promote their products, cultivate their online persona and build an audience. They do everything to not seem like they're ONLY youtubers, like they're better than this... They're ENTREPRENEUR did you hear? They don't do sponsored video... hrm except if it's Apple or Audible or Aston Martin or anything as high as their standards u know. And since she's not as involved in the brands now as she was with Luxy Hair we can see she doesn't put regular videos out anymore. Their airbnb in Positano is rented till the 14th of August so yeah they're still on the Amalfi coast.
Funny how I see Kat, their former videographer, on every one channel but theirs. I'm sure she does not want to have anything to do with them whatsoever. Must have been horrible working with such narcissists full time AND having to shut up when they claim to be so ''creative'' and always working even on holiday lol... When in fact Mimi is always at home, in a cute cafe or tanning on the beach and delegating everything.

I really don't know why they want to build a school so badly since they've clearly found the winning formula to secure their child's future : do not save for your kids education guys just overexpose them on the internet and build this Truman Show style connection with the public so when the kid is old enough they can sell anything to the idiot minions and also call themselves "self-made millionaires".

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
i agree with you- they don't monitze their videos and that's one of the things that drew me to them, they don't do sponsored stuff unless it's audible (which is lame as you can get this code without an 'influencer' ) and it is admirable because they could have used their channel to make money.
However.. my point is that business or no business (and wtf are they doing now that luxy is done? where is the $$$$ coming from?) their image is still going down the drain, so it's time to do a bit of a repair. Mimi's social media detox is a good thing since she's so OBSESSED with herself, but Alex still posts what he can , he knows that some crappy stories is better than nothing.

I still think travelling in a middle of a pandemic is crazy ass, but if Italy and Europe are open for business as usual despite their numbers, then it's stupidity at your own risk.

I'm in Australia and we can't even travel between states or cities . I haven't seen some of my family in nearly a year - borders were closed in April and they are still closed , domestic and international. we've had about 120 deaths in total, so not even near what the UK and Italy had. So mind blown but i am far away. I would be interested to think what Italian people think of their borders being open again.

sorry for my rant! :D

Reactions: 3
This Company was dissolved on 10/12/2019

I got this info on "mimi ikonn limited"

Therefore No ads allowed for/by Mimi Ikonn on her channel

Wair for ne the new rumours

They founded a new company

IKONN HOLDING LIMITED

on 13. Januar 2020

Yes Mimi Ikonn Lmt was for her clothing line dreams, which she finally closed realising this would never happen as Alex is the one doing everything (she can't manage any logistic, paper work, develop a project on her own let's be real) and he is nooooot interested. The fact that love Hair is still somewhat living is a miracle, they do nothing to keep it alive. I mean Alex never did.
I think their journals might be successful still, although I doubt there is much to do for them on a day to day basis since they have like 10 employees; and they said before they delegate a lot and only hire independent, superstars employees. But remember they sold Luxy and they certainly still are receiving money from it, and probably placed their money well... Money attracts money so at this point all you need is a great adviser. Alexa will for sure be a spoilt entitled trust fund baby.

I wish Meme would stay on her social media detox forever seriously.

I will never understand how or why they ride around in a boat with their 3 year old and don’t put a life jacket on her. It is so irresponsible. Whether it’s a law or not, it just isn’t the safest option.

Hi,
Just want to drop off this link for a YouTube video to learn more about narcissistic behavior as I think that all these vlogers are the same narcissistic and coward.

• Heart
Yeah, Mimi is terrible at business: balancing money, marketing, coming up with innovative ideas. She can't do any of it. The first two are all done by Alex and their employees, the last is done by stealing other people's projects. That's why love hair is dying and they had to sell luxy.

Reactions: 2
How did immigrant parents manage to raise daughters that are totally allergic to working? Neither has truly worked in years and neither would survive a full time job.

Reactions: 5
^Amen i don't understand this either, they are both insanely useless. I would be so disappointed in my kids. All Mimi did was marry an ambitious guy, and Leila is so far up her own ass, she's lucky her husband even still loves her.

Reactions: 2
She did marry an ambitious but professional scammer guy. He still won't admit you're not supposed to sell cars on your working hours at the bank. He was certainly meeting expectations I don't doubt it, but it's also something I have learnt in my very first internship ever: if you have finished your task, you go and talk to your supervisor and ask for more work or if you have really nothing else to do then you can work on personal stuff (I was an illustrator). They never developed a single product, always buy tit from Ali Express, market it and resell 10 times more expensive.
Soon, back to selfies in cafes, ballet in front of the mirror, pretending to care about zero waste living and minimalist consumerism, planting tomatoes and calling thyself a pro therefore looking into buying a farm, might be granted with pictures of million pound offices and houses to show what they could afford and in the end they will say they still haven't found THE gem so will remain in their rented over expensive flat.

By the way, I don't know London much but recently someone told be the real "it" place to live is not Kensington but around Hampstead Heath. I immediately thought about those wannabee Ikunts thinking they're so posh and vip. They're like nouveaux-riche moving to Paris and immediately wanting to live in the Champs Elysées when in fact not one single parisian "bourgeois" would ever choose to live there....

Mimi is so rude as a non-catholic, to enter a church and photograph during mass. No respect for a moment that is sacred. I bet she didn't even stay for the whole thing since she doesn't understand a word of Italian except ciao and amore, she just took the pic and left.

Reactions: 10
Alexa is like a robot "I love you too" because she's so used to hear and have this dialogue, Meme hasn't even said "I love you" so you can see it's just a habit thing for Alexa. It's like for her the act of taking a picture of her self absorbed mum goes with feeding Meme's ego with the same automatic dialogue all the time "you're the best mommy in the world" "I love you too" on repeat. And Meme just posing, nothing raw here. Meme can't look at her daughter with a genuine look, she's just posing. Scary.

That last instagram post with Alexa is so so cringey. I cannot stand that narcissist pretending to be a good mother. She also looks like hell after all the sun, and her skin will only be getting worse with her anti-sunscreen attitude.

Oh my gosh these two are long-term irritants of mine! Enjoyed reading the GG thread of their stupidity over the years. Truly just a bizarre life they lead and so so smug.

A couple of years ago I was sat at Granger & Co in Notting Hill having lunch at the bar beside Alex and a woman I didn't recongise. He was...unappealing and had a weird vibe. Not sure how to describe it except just odd/off. Like his smile didn't reach his eyes etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
View attachment 215555It’s not allowed to take pictures at the border even worse posting
And don't understand the purpose of reporting this. Playing BBC News Meme? Or trying to show how they're not the only travelling after facing some backlash? All in one, this is the kind of toxic content I don't see the point of sharing unless you want to highlight something pretty disturbing. Thought you were all about positivity...

Oh my gosh these two are long-term irritants of mine! Enjoyed reading the GG thread of their stupidity over the years. Truly just a bizarre life they lead and so so smug.

A couple of years ago I was sat at Granger & Co in Notting Hill having lunch at the bar beside Alex and a woman I didn't recongise. He was...unappealing and had a weird vibe. Not sure how to describe it except just odd/off. Like his smile didn't reach his eyes etc.
So, is it really that good of a place ^^? They always say they like to find exquisite places, almost like little gems only they know... And end up in the most hyped up places (except I tried this japanese Grandpa Alex always raves about and it's simply so good it's like an orgasm indeed XD).

Another useless rant but, still don't understand how as soon as she gets back to London she's back on her straight hair look. Kind of odd since the rest of her look doesn't change, still wearing those frumpy dresses. Well this is a case of "we all have our weird habits" I guess isn't it? And also a whole lot of "curly hair don't look professional" and "London= working girl Meme persona".

Last edited:
I liked it there because I was an Australian expat in London and it was like cafes back home! But the crowd was often a bit ‘much’ for my liking. Pretentious. Great staff though.

They’re definitely not finding all the best hidden spots in London. Probably partly because they rarely go outside the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea. There’s so much good food everywhere in London. Not just their precious neighbourhoods.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.