Millie T (@milliet25)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Iirc she decided to become a doctor after her mother was diagnosed with cancer then after doing GCSEs and finding 'success' on YouTube she decided it was a once in a life time chance that she must take. She acknowledged that YouTube won't last for ever and she would either go into MSM or back to education?
not really on track for medical school though lol

Reactions: 1
not really on track for medical school though lol
She passed her GCSEs and was accepted into college to do her a levels for med school. That's on track for med school imo and Iirc in one of the collab q&a videos she made she had already started visiting universities and knew which one she wanted to go to and which ones she wanted to apply to.

Reactions: 8
She passed her GCSEs and was accepted into college to do her a levels for med school. That's on track for med school imo and Iirc in one of the collab q&a videos she made she had already started visiting universities and knew which one she wanted to go to and which ones she wanted to apply to.
She could’ve easily got a great career then, instead she’s a youtuber 🙄

Reactions: 3
She could’ve easily got a great career then, instead she’s a youtuber 🙄
I don't understand what is wrong with being a YouTuber/influencer? Millie could still have a great career by dropping out and doing YouTube.. My issue is she's under selling her self, stuck in a horrid friendship group, stuck in a extremely unhealthy cycle and is making toxic content. Her audience is young and probably insecure and she is there promoting plastic surgery. My point about her wanting to be a doctor is more that she clearly is extremely intelligent and she's out there living life like she couldn't even get a btec.

Reactions: 17
I don't understand what is wrong with being a YouTuber/influencer? Millie could still have a great career by dropping out and doing YouTube.. My issue is she's under selling her self, stuck in a horrid friendship group, stuck in a extremely unhealthy cycle and is making toxic content. Her audience is young and probably insecure and she is there promoting plastic surgery. My point about her wanting to be a doctor is more that she clearly is extremely intelligent and she's out there living life like she couldn't even get a btec.
This so much. Although I don't think too much of the influencer/yt 'lifestyle' because it seems to be spent doing a whole lot of nothing in a lot of cases like Millie's, it can be a good career and in some cases can set you up financially for the rest of your life. She really is just underselling herself as you said and promoting such dangerous behaviours to her young viewers. Nothing wrong with PS if you do the research, know the risks and do it for the right reasons but it's clear that Millie doesn't. It's not a good message at all.

She's definitely a smart girl, just makes poor choices which is unsurprising considering she's not had the easiest time, is surrounded by tit friends and won't confront her emotions.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This so much. Although I don't think too much of the influencer/yt 'lifestyle' because it seems to be spent doing a whole lot of nothing in a lot of cases like Millie's, it can be a good career and in some cases can set you up financially for the rest of your life. She really is just underselling herself as you said and promoting such dangerous behaviours to her young viewers. Nothing wrong with PS if you do the research, know the risks and do it for the right reasons but it's clear that Millie doesn't. It's not a good message at all.

She's definitely a smart girl, just makes poor choices which is unsurprising considering she's not had the easiest time, is surrounded by tit friends and won't confront her emotions.
Yess. Millie makes it seem like plastic surgery is just like getting your nails or eyebrows done! I've been thinking about it a lot to do and she is 100% trying to be like the British Tana without the OF.

Reactions: 6
What so you’d rather study than make thousands for one video?! Pffttt shutup looool
I would. I'd rather have a good career than live a life that involves waking up at 4pm, getting drunk and having plastic surgery.

True but there's more to life than a job and Millie doesn't seem all that happy just because she's making good money.
I have huge sympathy for Millie, her mum died after being sick for a long time and Millie is so young. She doesn’t seem to have great guidance in her life from her dad etc and her friends appear to offer her absolutely no support (apart from maybe that one she has from home Nicola or something). She’s gone so over the top with surgery and having work done which wasn’t necessary which I’m sure she may come to regret in a few years when she’s perhaps more settled and addressed some of her issues. She needs therapy and to leave her London friends for better friends and focus on herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I have huge sympathy for Millie, her mum died after being sick for a long time and Millie is so young. She doesn’t seem to have great guidance in her life from her dad etc and her friends appear to offer her absolutely no support (apart from maybe that one she has from home Nicola or something). She’s gone so over the top with surgery and having work done which wasn’t necessary which I’m sure she may come to regret in a few years when she’s perhaps more settled and addressed some of her issues. She needs therapy and to leave her London friends for better friends and focus on herself.
Carmie is so so toxic, she really needs to leave him behind. I think it’s really telling that Olivia Neill only considers Lewys and Flossie as friends despite hanging out with Millie’s group a lot.

Reactions: 15
Quite happy to see she’s hard her lip filler dissolved, hope she starts to look after herself now.

Reactions: 7
Her lips looked so nice without the filler and now she’s just gone and put more in, she really needs some time without plastic surgery and social media. Her self image is warped

Her lips looked so nice without the filler and now she’s just gone and put more in, she really needs some time without plastic surgery and social media. Her self image is warped
I really don't think it's her self imagine. I think it is as simple as she said. She doesn't believe this is all real. She thinks we live in a simulation.

Reactions: 2
I really don't think it's her self imagine. I think it is as simple as she said. She doesn't believe this is all real. She thinks we live in a simulation.
I can’t get my head around how she thinks this. Since her mum died she seems to have lost all sense of reality which is quite scary. she’d benefit so much from therapy and ditching the social climbers.

I can’t get my head around how she thinks this. Since her mum died she seems to have lost all sense of reality which is quite scary. she’d benefit so much from therapy and ditching the social climbers.
It's extremely common with trauma. Her mum has been dying since she was 14 iirc. And goodness knows what else she has been through these past few years, we know the industry she is in is rife with sexual assault/exploitation/rape, she clearly has problems with sexual boundary given carmies 14 year old sister video, plus the trauma that covid has caused a lot of people. I genuinely believe at this point she is experiencing some form of PTSD, self medicating (which she has admitted to using alcohol as a coping mechanism) and as a result is probably experiencing derealization/depersonalisation. I know people don't like armchair psychologists here so I full expect for people to disagree.
I still think she needs to go home, ground herself and herself some good intensive therapy before she is too far gone.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.