Mikhila McDaid #10 Life-changing swing and crap Cartier ring

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve seen the vertical tiles in bathrooms, but they tend to be a longer, narrower style of tile.
View attachment 1172251
She’s gone to B&Q for the cheapest subway tiles at £11 for a box of 40 and put them on poorly. I don’t see how the style is in keeping with the rest of the dining space, whatever that’s ended up as.
I think that was the look she was probably aiming for but she's picked bevel edged tiles so it doesn't look right. I think metro/subway tiles look a bit off unless they're in a "brick wall" pattern.
The problem is, she refuses to plan anything. She just add bits on as she goes and it all looks crap. It always looks amateur and bodged in the finish because of this. I don't know whether she ever showed the finished shed but that was a prime example of lack of planning = a bodged finish. She'd start task B because she got bored of finishing A, then she'd abandon B for task C, task C wouldn't fit properly because of A so she'd stop all that and start D and so forth. Its one thing to create that kinda mess in your shed but not your kitchen.

Reactions: 7
Why is that dog so big and fat. No French bulldogs or pugs are as big or obese as Manny. He can barely move.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
When she's bragging about never going on a walk for her mental health i used to think but what about going on a walk for your dog's mental and physical health? The fact that going on a walk is only just a recent novelty for her after X years of owning a dog blows my mind. I get the impression her husband walks it around the housing estate every once in a while.

Reactions: 11
When your dog needs physio water sessions because its so fat and in pain it says a lot about priorities in that house. I know frugs are prone to issues but surely from a puppy you give extra care to ensure that doesn’t happen

Reactions: 6
When she's bragging about never going on a walk for her mental health i used to think but what about going on a walk for your dog's mental and physical health? The fact that going on a walk is only just a recent novelty for her after X years of owning a dog blows my mind. I get the impression her husband walks it around the housing estate every once in a while.
I don’t think she takes Manny on her walks. But then it would probably be too much for him at this point. Sad

Reactions: 4
Oh my.. what a mess. I actually laughed out loud when she painted the cupboards white. She has managed to make the kitchen look both not at all noticeably different and yet worse at the same time. Quite an achievement. Why no tile trim? It looks really cheap. She's right not to believe the tin re no prep. On glossy cupboards like that it will chip off in no time. I don’t know how she can fawn all over her mates house and then think that looks good

Reactions: 10
What a mess.....

There's nothing else to say is there? How long before they replace the cupboard doors altogether? I reckon 4 months.

Reactions: 8
Crikey. I mean, I’ve seen some fantastic amateur kitchen jobs done online but that looks so bad. I hope they aren’t planning on selling any time soon! Where is the tile trim? Is she planning on that? The cupboards look awful, the painted walls look cheap…the wonky tiles!

Reactions: 3
Does the cost of fuel mean nothing to her? I just couldn't justify random trips looking for paint like that. Admittedly I live at least 6 miles from the nearest DIY shop and hers may be much closer. But, I've planned my DIY, spent time researching, got the equipment all together whilst at the shops for other things. Hers is all just an ad hoc mess and rush job. Why the rush? She has plenty of time, she did nothing all weekend so why not do it then, why wait? My guess is so Lee isn't around to stop her.

Yeah, tiles need trim to look tiidier and sealant between the work top and bottom tile edge, especially behind the sink. From memory the trim goes in when you do the tiling as the edge tucks in behind, unless you buy tile edges rather than trim.

Reactions: 5
Is it not too late for tile trim?

What a mess.....

There's nothing else to say is there? How long before they replace the cupboard doors altogether? I reckon 4 months.
She should have sold or invested in a new kitchen. This is just a waste of time and money. Or paid someone to tile with good quality tiles. She says she wanted a chevron pattern. It would have been better to invest in that if she couldn't afford anything else.

Reactions: 3
‘base boards’ …shut up Mik.
She really is so strange. Easter holidays with her kid and she decides to do that. They’ve defo been having more takeaways while she’s been on this kitchen destruction project.
Looks like she’s putting weight on too.

Please don’t say she’s going to try her hand at plumbing next and fit the new tap herself too 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Oh my.. what a mess. I actually laughed out loud when she painted the cupboards white. She has managed to make the kitchen look both not at all noticeably different and yet worse at the same time. Quite an achievement. Why no tile trim? It looks really cheap. She's right not to believe the tin re no prep. On glossy cupboards like that it will chip off in no time. I don’t know how she can fawn all over her mates house and then think that looks good
And then slapping paint on the walls with absolutely no covering of sockets or worktops! Jesus woman get an effing grip! Grout all over the place and now white wall, white tile, white cupboards. It’s ok though because they have the “black acconts’ and Lee has no doubt seen the cheapest, crapiest tap in the world that everyone’s eyes will be magically drawn to, a monstrous phallic symbol to overshadow the absolute tit show she has created.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.