Michael & Dave Kay #9 Cruising into Obscurity with a Manic Dickcam POV

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Michael just posted a “why did they get rid of Disney quest” video. He pontificates as if he’s the Oracle. It’s reallly not his fault, he’s just an uneducated idiot and I mean that seriously. He doesn’t have a formal education beyond HS. Many people on this board realize the layers of management, focus panels, beta testing and on and on that go into a project like Disney quest. There are many case studies you do when obtaining an MBA that review corporate decisions that look at success and failure. I remember and entire course I took on queuing theory. Changing topics, I think Michael is shedding some lbs.
1652535317290.jpeg

Reactions: 7
In today's installment of Michael Whining About WDW michael is still frothing at the mouth about Disney Quest Arcade shutdown in Disney Springs. Michael says that Disney screwed up by closing the unpopular arcade that Michael liked to go to before he was a Florida resident. I've never understood arcades at WDW. Beautiful parks and people are going to spend their expensive vacations indoors playing games they can play at home? No. It's dumb, people don't go, the arcades at WDW resorts are usually empty, except for our favorite knuckleheads. Anyway, Michael says that he would pay $300/yr to be a member of some kind of DQ club. And Dave would too. Sure Jan. Michael's view is that WDW lost money by converting it to the NBA experience as if WDW were a "build to suit" landlord. My view is that WDW cleaned up by renting the space to the NBA and for the early termination that I assume the NBA paid to get out of the contract. We can add contracting to the list of things Michael does not understand.

Reactions: 8
How often did we actually see Michael go to Disney Quest??? More complaining about how much he loves something & misses it, yet he went there probably like 2-3 times ever in his life?! Typical Michael. My family only ever went there when it was included in our vacation package & it was always dead there. We would never have paid an extra ticket fee. Had Disney not closed it for the NBA experience, it most likely would have been closed anyways, since it's not exactly a place you'd have open during a pandemic. They would've lost even more money.

Reactions: 5
Ok I just watched Michael’s 360 cabin tour. What the hell was that? He didn’t show any of the cabin. He talked about things that were not in view, most of the view was just his face. At the end he is talking about the views from the balcony and the only thing you see is his reflection in cabin door which is the focus of the camera. Why would he post that garbage?

• Haha
I think Michael has officially lost his mind. Disney Quest... This is all he's got? Bitching about an arcade that closed YEARS ago? :rolleyes:

Guess I shouldn't be surprised. Mikey loves him an arcade. Creepy...

I CANNOT WAIT to see his Patreon numbers at the end of the month...

Baaalzzzz...

Screenshot_20220514-094116.png

Reactions: 6
One more thing I forgot. Michael informs us that the 3rd party vendors actually pay Disney to be at Disney springs. Also the smug face from the thumbnail is punchable.
1652540060273.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ok I just watched Michael’s 360 cabin tour. What the hell was that? He didn’t show any of the cabin. He talked about things that were not in view, most of the view was just his face. At the end he is talking about the views from the balcony and the only thing you see is his reflection in cabin door which is the focus of the camera. Why would he post that garbage?
I'm not saying it isn't a poor video, but if you are viewing it on your phone or tablet you can actually move the screen around with your finger to look at the room as he's walking around. That's what a 360 video is.

Reactions: 2
One more thing I forgot. Michael informs us that the 3rd party vendors actually pay Disney to be at Disney springs. Also the smug face from the thumbnail is punchable.
View attachment 1266248
I mean doesn’t everyone know that Anthropologie, SuperDry etc pay rent. DUH.

Good lord he’s aged even more since I joined tattle.

Reactions: 4
I'm not saying it isn't a poor video, but if you are viewing it on your phone or tablet you can actually move the screen around with your finger to look at the room as he's walking around. That's what a 360 video is.
yes I am aware of that 360 videos are also not meant to be shot vlog style with your fat face as the main focus

Reactions: 1
How come Michael never talks about what a mistake it was for Disney to demolish Pleasure Island? The nightclubs, the comedy club, the Adventurer's Club, the live entertainment at the stage (I saw the GooGoo Dolls there...for free).....oh right....adult things. Nevermind. Back to kid friendly fun only.

Reactions: 11
I'm starting to think Dave's whole channel may be one epic troll. It's just got to be. He would have drowned in his cocoa long before now if he was really this stupid and helpless.
I’ve gone back and forth on what I think about this.

On the one hand, it seems like no one could possibly be as clueless, tone-deaf, and lacking in self awareness as Dave. Some of the awkward things he does, or mistakes he makes, can be chalked up to normal stuff that could happen to anyone... but when you combine it all together, it really does boggle the mind how any one person could be operating THAT far outside of the gravitational pull of reality. The rational viewer looks at Dave and thinks, “can one man really check so many of these ridiculous boxes?” It begins to seem like self-parody. Then you have the fact that he used to appear normal in Michael’s videos... and his education... and his snippy (if uncreative) clap-backs in the comments section... and it starts to seem like this MUST be an act.

...However...

Trolls do it for the attention, and that’s one thing Dave can’t seem to get. No matter what he throws at the wall — stock market tips, relationship details, theme park vlogs, food reviews, strange invented characters, music videos, awkward skits, cruises, health tips, karaoke, video games, his sister, international travel — nothing sticks. He has a low subscriber count and even lower views. If he really wanted to troll, he’d pick a lane and commit hard. Instead, he’s blowing thousands of dollars to film himself wandering around malls and speeding through museums, and it’s still so bleeping boring that not even his hate-watchers can sit through an entire video (I know I can’t). So what is the point?

Verdict: if he’s a troll, he’s only trolling himself. He genuinely thinks he has something interesting and valuable to offer, and this idea is reinforced by his mom and his goon squad of stans. He is too delusional and narcissistic to be convinced that he isn’t special, that this won’t just eventually work out and make him famous. He will continue to film himself doing pointless, embarrassing things until the very last Teresa loses interest.

Reactions: 11

On the one hand, it seems like no one could possibly be as clueless, tone-deaf, and lacking in self awareness as Dave. Some of the awkward things he does, or mistakes he makes, can be chalked up to normal stuff that could happen to anyone... but when you combine it all together, it really does boggle the mind how any one person could be operating THAT far outside of the gravitational pull of reality. The rational viewer looks at Dave and thinks, “can one man really check so many of these ridiculous boxes?” It begins to seem like self-parody. Then you have the fact that he used to appear normal in Michael’s videos... and his education... and his snippy (if uncreative) clap-backs in the comments section... and it starts to seem like this MUST be an act.

...However...

Trolls do it for the attention, and that’s one thing Dave can’t seem to get. No matter what he throws at the wall — stock market tips, relationship details, theme park vlogs, food reviews, strange invented characters, music videos, awkward skits, cruises, health tips, karaoke, video games, his sister, international travel — nothing sticks. He has a low subscriber count and even lower views. If he really wanted to troll, he’d pick a lane and commit hard. Instead, he’s blowing thousands of dollars to film himself wandering around malls and speeding through museums, and it’s still so bleeping boring that not even his hate-watchers can sit through an entire video (I know I can’t). So what is the point?

Verdict: if he’s a troll, he’s only trolling himself. He genuinely thinks he has something interesting and valuable to offer, and this idea is reinforced by his mom and his goon squad of stans. He is too delusional and narcissistic to be convinced that he isn’t special, that this won’t just eventually work out and make him famous. He will continue to film himself doing pointless, embarrassing things until the very last Teresa loses interest.
I concur with your verdict. He really is a narcissist and he thinks he has talent.

...However...

If he was trolling he wouldn’t delete the critical comments, he would reply in a snarky way and leave the comments up. Like his clearly dysfunctional brother he can’t take criticism or live in a grown up world

Reactions: 3
Something just occurred to me... Why is it we never see people in these threads or social media that knew these guys when they were young? You would think, occasionally, there would be a person pop up that gives insight to their childhood (good or not so good). Like, "Hey, I went to high school with Michael, and this was my experience."

Come to think about it, I don't know that I have ever seen that in any of the vlogger threads (Trackers, PMM, PCDev, etc.).

Did these people just land on the planet and become vloggers? Does anyone know them from their childhood? LOL. 🤷‍♀️

Something just occurred to me... Why is it we never see people in these threads or social media that knew these guys when they were young? You would think, occasionally, there would be a person pop up that gives insight to their childhood (good or not so good). Like, "Hey, I went to high school with Michael, and this was my experience."

Come to think about it, I don't know that I have ever seen that in any of the vlogger threads (Trackers, PMM, PCDev, etc.).

Did these people just land on the planet and become vloggers? Does anyone know them from their childhood? LOL. 🤷‍♀️
I used to lurk on GG and I recall someone posting yearbook pictures of Dave (and possibly Michael?) at one point. My memory is a little fuzzy but I also seem to remember someone mentioning that Michael was a bit of a horndog in High School (sorry if I ruined anyone’s appetite).

If anyone knew Michael Karlsberg back in the day, PLEASE come forward and share some fun stuff.

• Heart
yes I am aware of that 360 videos are also not meant to be shot vlog style with your fat face as the main focus
Then I guess I am confused by your original comment too :unsure:

I concur with your verdict. He really is a narcissist and he thinks he has talent.
that's obvious by his "actor" page and his linkedIn

that's obvious by his "actor" page and his linkedIn

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

Well, most of them look like they’ve just landed from outer space. 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.