Mia Jeal #7 Started college, saving for sperm. Placing our bets she quits in the first term

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s just mad that her assumptions of what college would be aren’t reality. She assumed she would have very short days and loads of free periods, but then admits she didn’t know what the hours were beforehand.

From what we’ve seen with her and Mabel, I can’t imagine her actually wanting to work with kids day in, day out. If she really wanted it, she would make the placement hours work. In her eyes she thought it would just be a simple course for her to do on the side- turn up for a few hours a week, just to tick that box of a having a career option backup from YouTube. She needs to find something she’s actually interested in because I can’t see YouTube lasting forever for her.

Reactions: 17
She’s just mad that her assumptions of what college would be aren’t reality. She assumed she would have very short days and loads of free periods, but then admits she didn’t know what the hours were beforehand.

From what we’ve seen with her and Mabel, I can’t imagine her actually wanting to work with kids day in, day out. If she really wanted it, she would make the placement hours work. In her eyes she thought it would just be a simple course for her to do on the side- turn up for a few hours a week, just to tick that box of a having a career option backup from YouTube. She needs to find something she’s actually interested in because I can’t see YouTube lasting forever for her.
exactly! It was never going to fit her intentions when youtube is so important to her! This is why we see so many YouTuber dropping out of school because they made it on YouTube! I don’t think Mia can take the chance to do solely youtube when she has mabel and their future to think about! College was never going to be the easy option and I personally respected her as a mother for going down the route because I think its a stable decision for her and Mabel. Why wouldn’t she want to show mabel hard work pays off instead of sitting around playing YouTuber and watching draco tiktoks all day 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
“Mabel was supposed to wake up at 7 but woke up as soon as I turned the light on” no tit really ??? This girl lacks ANY common sense it genuinely baffles me.

Also please tell me I’m not the only one baffled by the fact that Mabel is still in that stupid jumperoo?? She’s almost one.. ONE!? My son loves nothing more than to run around, how is Mabel supposed to develop and get on her own feet if she’s stuck in a bloody jumperoo designed for 6 month olds 🤦🏽‍♀️ It’s not that hard to spend a couple of hours solely on stimulating and bonding with your child.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Loads of comments telling her to switch colleges and she’s heart reacting them...

watch out for “I quit college?” video but it’s just her saying she’s moved colleges

• Haha
Reactions: 18
exactly! It was never going to fit her intentions when youtube is so important to her! This is why we see so many YouTuber dropping out of school because they made it on YouTube! I don’t think Mia can take the chance to do solely youtube when she has mabel and their future to think about! College was never going to be the easy option and I personally respected her as a mother for going down the route because I think its a stable decision for her and Mabel. Why wouldn’t she want to show mabel hard work pays off instead of sitting around playing YouTuber and watching draco tiktoks all day 🤷‍♀️
Because unfortunately for Mabel, Mia is still very much in the little girl mindset, she wants the whole world to fall at her feet and wants everything for nothing, news flash Mia but most of us work 9-5 five time’s a week and fit hobbies around our responsibilities only if we can! I think she seems to think she’ll have another baby and still live off £1k a month while living at home and not pay for anything, all the while having very little to do with Mabel. She should’ve have a meeting with a careers advisor before selecting this course really, we all know she only seems to like newborns and not really like children, child care isn’t just a career to fall back on, you have to want to do it because if you get a job in a nursery or childminder etc those children will be YOUR responsibility and in your care! she’s truly setting herself up for failure.

Reactions: 14
“I’m not there to work” .. yes, yes you are. That’s exactly what BTEC’s are designed for.

My favourite part was her saying it wouldn’t work due to “childcare reasons” when Mabel is literally in nursery ALL day 😂 she actually just means she’s not getting the free time she originally hoped for. She’s still yet to realise that the hours don’t even matter, the course work still requires a lot of work most days whether you’re in the college or not..

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Lmao I don’t understand Mia at all... I did 9-5 in sixth form Monday to Friday for two years. Mia is mad she doesn’t get free periods?! She is only in two days a week and is lucky to get that much time with a teacher. Does she expect to earn a qualification by going in fewer days and fewer hours? Makes no sense!

Reactions: 14
I’ve not posted on this thread but I’ve been watching for a while, does noone else wonder what the college is going to think of her rant about how much she hates it, with such a social media presence like hers they will surely find out about her bad mouthing the college like that

Reactions: 21
Lmao I don’t understand Mia at all... I did 9-5 in sixth form Monday to Friday for two years. Mia is mad she doesn’t get free periods?! She is only in two days a week and is lucky to get that much time with a teacher. Does she expect to earn a qualification by going in fewer days and fewer hours? Makes no sense!
Shes so used to having the world handed to her on a silver platter she doesnt have a clue what shes in for when she actually has to start doing things for herself if shes three days into college ans wants to quite and has a nearly 1 year old who she makes so clearly obvious is a chore to her, but she expects to have another one soon have her own place and she thinks she will be able to 🤔 she lives in a dream land that revolves around hwr

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I would do anything to go back to college and have more knowledge on pretty much any course but doing something I enjoy would be amazing. Mia gets all her college courses free because of her age and situation, some people have to pay for college courses (like me) and it’s so expensive! She complains about anything she has to work for and isn’t just handed to her on a plate. She has the easiest life for the situations she has put herself in... she created a baby with a short term fling (not a long term partner) and has decided to keep the baby, thankfully her mum has let her stay at home, even paying for her daughters food and other essentials, she gets nursery for Mabel for free which means even when she hasn’t got college she has so much spare time to herself that other mothers don’t, she has a house full of people all the time if she ever did need help, she gets all her college for free and any money she does earn (which apparently is A LOT) she spends on herself. She will regret having this attitude when she’s older, when she has to start doing some real work and living in reality. She will regret not sticking to college and having a better education for any potential future jobs. I hope Beth has a different mindset as she grows up.

Reactions: 12
Long time lurker, first time poster here...

oh my god. Just watched the ‘vlog’
First thing.. the morning routine completely stressed me out because she just seemed so constantly pushed for time but then went and redid her hair too 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ I remember being 17 and trying to have a lengthy self care routine before college but then thinking ‘sod this I want some more sleep in the mornings,’ and just going in with the bare minimum! Wonder if she will do this.. also, assuming the nursery would give Mabel breakfast? I think most mothers of 11 month olds have been up since 5am with them so would think they’d be fed and ready.. does Mia realise how lucky she is? But no, let’s just shove Mabel and soreen bar while I do a full face.
Secondly, where’s this vlog? It was Mia just talking to the camera before and after... not what I clicked for unfortunately.

Lastly, the entitled rant towards the end about having to be in 9-5. Bloody hell! Makes me want to pull my hair out. It sounds like the college have actually cottoned on that free, independent periods are actually just spent dossing about with your mates (I did a lot of that in sixth form), so yeah stick them all in the classroom and they can do the work there! Seems logical to me. Don’t think she will last the term and that makes me sad.. getting the impression she was hoping her YouTube would take off more and she wouldn’t actually need any qualifications. She’s got to be careful how she acts now as I’m starting to switch off.

Also, am I going mad or did she mention she’d booked a holiday with her mum friends for August, but then never actually went?
Omg I was just thinking about that the other day, yes she said she is going on a Holiday with her mum friends in August 😂 I guess it was her imagination because she went on a holiday with her family instead 😂😂😂

Reactions: 10
also if she quits college, mabels nursery wouldn’t be funded anymore which means more time at home being plonked in a jumperoo. In that video did she say she was looking in to getting a placement in mabels nursery? That just shows that she’s chosen the child development course for the convenience of being where Mabel is.

when my daughter went to a private nursery, there was a nursery teacher who had a son in the baby room and I became friends with her and I was saying how lovely it must be getting to see your little one all day and she said she doesn’t. She was placed in the toddler early years room and her son was in babies. Yes they’re right across the hall but she was in charge of 3-4 toddlers in that room and it’s a very full on day with early years children... you constantly have to entertain and stimulate them (something we never see Mia interested in with her own child never mind someone else’s) she said she occasionally gets to pop in at nap time if her son isn’t settling. If Mia thinks she wants to work in mabels nursery so she can sit and watch mabel all day she’s soo mistaken.. the nursery would make sure she’s elsewhere most of the time for mabels sake and mias. I feel the whole point of putting your child in a nursery is for them to get used to being elsewhere in the day so it isn’t a massive shock to the system when they start school. She definitely picked this course as she thought it was going to be easy.. college is like school but full on. she must have thought free periods meant that she can go sit and do YouTube but tutors will want to see what progressions she’s made in her work within those free periods! Also guessing colleges have realised free periods are pointless as no work gets done and if so it’s not up to standard like it would be sat in the classroom with the teacher. Welcome to the real world Mia! We actually work hard for what we’ve got here!

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Omg I was just thinking about that the other day, yes she said she is going on a Holiday with her mum friends in August 😂 I guess it was her imagination because she went on a holiday with her family instead 😂😂😂
I could be wrong but I think the holiday with her friends was booked for next year. Knowing Mia it’ll be in term time and it will be everyone’s fault but hers if it disrupts college/she can’t go anymore.... if she hasn’t dropped out by then.

She’ll quit college. Mabel will lose her free funding at nursery as Mia isn’t in education anymore but she’ll say i ‘cOuLd oF aFfOrDeD iT bUt MaBeL iS sO sTrOpPy sHe DiDnT LiKE iT, sHe CriEd oNcE tHeRe aNd MaBeL nEvEr CrIeS’ as Mabel just sits placidly and smiles at the camera. Because that’s all we ever see Mabel do. Watch this space!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
The its not like I work there got to me
Felt like commenting saying its work placement its where you get ready for a real job

Reactions: 16
It really is that mindset Of like “I wish I had free periods to watch draco tiktoks and edit vlogs on the go” she’s been naive if she thought going into college was going to be an easy thing. When I look back, my college was similar.. lots of full on days in the classroom and a day a week in the computer suite (I did media) it was very much like school except in your own clothes. It wasn’t until I got uni I realised how independent it was. Everything in uni is 85% independent study! You get about 3 hours a week on each subject (you get 4 subjects) so a total of 12 hours a week actually on campus and then the rest you’re expected to plan and research yourself! I found uni harder that college !It’s hard work to want to head down a career path. She’s throwing the towel in by Christmas I reckon.
yeah i never get it when people assume college is going to be an easy ride. Ive just finished by B.A and I still maintain that every one of my Alevels were individually twice as hard as my degree, and thats before you have to learn the skill of balancing all the work. Im doing an Msc next year but you couldnt pay me to do alevels again

Reactions: 10
My college was different to hers but still full on, I went 3 days a week, 2 of the days were short (9-12) and one day was 9-5, once I finished the short days I either stayed in the library to study or went to my part time job in retail, I also had to do volunteering for a certain amount of hours and I’d do that on a Saturday and the remaining 3 days I went to work, I knew it wasn’t going to be easy and i didn’t have a lot of free time but I stuck to it because I’m not deluded like Mia who thinks she’ll get by on making YouTube videos for the rest of her life. If she doesn’t find a course or a job that she will stick to then she is letting Mabel down big time!

Reactions: 8
I didn’t childcare (early childhood education) at uni (kiwi version so dont know if it means the same in the uk) and had 4 papers a semester with each paper having 4 hour leatures so for four days I was in 9-1 with no breaks. And to two week practicums a year and a 5 week one at the end of the year.

I know someone’s who went to wintec to do childcare and his timetable seemed similar to mias. I think different types of institutes support in different ways. But either way it’s a tough course And you can’t expect it to be easy to achieve. Your going to be in charge of small people. I don’t she has the passion (like others have said) he does doesnt seem to have patients or a real interest in looking after children full time. It’s hard and tiring work and I don’t think that is the type of work she is after. Like others have said she’d be better off talking to advisor about her passions and going off there. Nothing is free in this world And the world owes you nothing. The sooner she realises this fact the better her life will seem for herself.

Reactions: 3
Why is she literally nearly CRYING in the video because she has to be in college 9-5. Mia, you’ve put Mabel in nursery from 8-6

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Can’t believe Mia’s complaining over having no free periods. She’s only in a couple days what did she expect. I stayed at the school I did GCSEs at for A levels and in year 12 did an As so was doing 4 subjects. I had 5 full days of school with my only free periods being a single on a Tuesday and double on a Friday. I didn’t have a proper job (I did babysitting so it wasn’t that bad as I could do work there) or a baby, but it was still very time consuming but I never complained. It wasn’t that long ago she was doing probably around 10 subjects for GCSEs and now she’s complaining she’s got too much on with one course. I think she’s gotten too used to sitting around doing the bare minimum since leaving school and hopefully this’ll give her a wake up call that life isn’t going to be easy or what she expects all the time.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.