Meteorology moaning - aka the weather, let’s moan about the heat 🥵🔥☀️🔥

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
38 is insane. I really feel for anyone enduring that. Think our top temperature is going to be 28 and that sounds bad enough.

Please keep your pets indoors 😔
That's the same as us but my FIL (who walks the dog whilst we're at work) can be a bit boomer when it comes to health and safety 🙄 I keep nagging OH that he can walk the dog if he comes as we leave at 8am. Or if he comes at lunchtime as usual then it's a quick garden piddle and that's it.

His school sent out a notification earlier for the temps next week just to say they can wear their PE kit, stay inside at break/lunch, no outdoor PE and the kids will be encouraged to drink plenty of water. I’m pleased they’ve acknowledged it and sent something out in good time.
Your school sound very reasonable and organised. This is the kind of thing I was hoping for from my son’s school. Some of them are so backward!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Everyone will be walking around tesco aimlessly, least its air conditioned 😆
They should set up camps in stores. Now there's not even any doors on fridges I find supermarkets chilled aisles way too cold and rush through.

It's now saying 35 and 36 for Monday and Tuesday here. Although they get the weather wrong and keep changing it all the time. It's only really accurate 24 hours beforehand.

Reactions: 3
It’s showing 31, 36 and 38 in my area next Sun, Mon and Tues 😅

Yesterday and today has felt lovely at about 23 degrees. Although my son has asked for a hot water bottle the last two nights 😐

His school sent out a notification earlier for the temps next week just to say they can wear their PE kit, stay inside at break/lunch, no outdoor PE and the kids will be encouraged to drink plenty of water. I’m pleased they’ve acknowledged it and sent something out in good time.

Thats better than my kids school they are going to make them walk to church on Tuesday to celebrate the year 6s, no mention of being able to wear PE kit although they are in summer dresses/shorts so not so bad, but if its 38 on Tuesday I'll keep her home. They finish Friday anyway so what's a day or two going to do really.

Does anyone have any amazing products or tips that help them through a heatwave. I can’t go out in 37 degree weather, I’m pregnant and have a two year old. I also live in a flat which traps the heat and feels 10 degrees hotter than outside. Three days of high temperatures and I’m going to feel very ill.
One tip I can suggest is freezing water in old clean plastic milk bottles or ice cream tubs. Put that on a tray (to collect the condensation drips) and place that in front of a fan. The air blows over the ice block and feels cooler.

I struggle when it’s super hot and I also have three cats so I’ll do anything to try and keep the place a bit cooler for them.

Really not looking forward to next week 🥵

Reactions: 2
Does anyone else here have ezcema? Heatwaves give me raw inner elbows and neck. The past two days have been better but 35-37 degrees will make my skin miserable.

Reactions: 1
I don‘t work Tuesdays but our shop has the best air conditioning, so yep I’ll do overtime😂

• Haha
Does anyone else here have ezcema? Heatwaves give me raw inner elbows and neck. The past two days have been better but 35-37 degrees will make my skin miserable.
I've not had eczema but the extreme heat has caused severely over itchy patches on my inner elbows and knees. The pharmacist said they'd had loads of people in with the same. I have sensitive skin that reacts to alot so seems the weather is causing a reaction, maybe? Either way I need some childs farm before next week as I've heard very good things.

Our office wants us in Tuesday for a meeting. It's a no opening window office...with ventilation that blasts out hot air...!! It will be 50+ in there 😮💨

• Wow
I finally got onto the property ladder a few months ago after years of saving and I’m pleasantly surprised in this weather to twig that my bedroom is east facing so by the time I go to bed my room is actually pretty cool which is lovely. Unfortunately, I’m wfh in a south facing room so I’m sweating for the rest of the day 😂😂

YES - I get it all over my hands and it’s reasonably controlled even in Winter temps but lately it’s flared up so bad. 😓

• Sad
Up north the weather is pretty cool. We haven't had a heatwave, in fact it was bloody cold yesterday and I had to put the fire on last night !! The cats loved it of course 🐈🐯

Up north the weather is pretty cool. We haven't had a heatwave, in fact it was bloody cold yesterday and I had to put the fire on last night !! The cats loved it of course 🐈🐯
I live in the North but I'm either not far enough North or not in the right part as it's been boiling here(last two days slightly cooler) and forecast to be 38 on Tuesday 🥵😭

I’m up north and it’s been hot here too. I went out with a hoodie on today because it was overcast and drizzling - I am so sweaty 😂!!! I’m tempted to buy a tshirt in primark.

27 forecast for my area on Monday, I really sympathise with those getting the 30s. Would. Not. Like. That.

*searches flights to the Outer Hebrides for next week*

ETA image. Anywhere that isn't red is still under an Amber warning

Screenshot_20220715-104648_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
Large amount of areas showing as 41 and 42 for Tuesday at 6pm. At this rate some places could get up to 43c and smash the existing 38.7c hottest day ever in UK record.

FXqUyvNVEAEapAG.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.