Meteorology moaning - aka the weather, let’s moan about the heat 🥵🔥☀️🔥

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They're going to have to close the glasshouses surely?
Screenshot 2022-07-15 11.01.26.png

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I was in a garden centre at the weekend. Outside temp was about 27 but it was stifling inside the greenhouse things (not sure what they're called 😂) so it'll be unbearable in 41°
I imagine the poor staff will be busy trying to keep the plants alive as the temp get's to high 50's inside.

Maybe they'll wrap the glasshouses in foil like they are for hammersmith bridge.

Reactions: 1
I am in the minority and I LOVE the heat. However, 38 is forecast for my area and the office that I work in has windows that don't open (it's a very old building) and no air conditioning. I am genuinely concerned as I am currently pregnant (9 weeks) and I feel nauseous as it is!!! Work doesn't know at the moment and I am trying to keep it that way. We aren't allowed to work from home either! Hopefully it isn't as hot as anticipated.

Really worried about my two dogs too who will be at home on their own whilst I am at work. I hope they don't get too hot. :cry:

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Does anyone else get extreme weather anxiety? I'm getting the same feeling I get when snow blizzard warnings are issued in winter. And I'm in an area that won't go above 30C next week but I'm still anxious.

My mum has the kids whilst I work and she's agreed to keep them indoors on those days. But I'm worried about myself and my colleagues as we work in a very old building with large south facing windows and very poorly fitted blinds. We can work from home but it won't be possible to do so on Tuesday. It's making me feel very nervous thinking about it, if I'm honest.

I am in the minority and I LOVE the heat. However, 38 is forecast for my area and the office that I work in has windows that don't open (it's a very old building) and no air conditioning. I am genuinely concerned as I am currently pregnant (9 weeks) and I feel nauseous as it is!!! Work doesn't know at the moment and I am trying to keep it that way. We aren't allowed to work from home either! Hopefully it isn't as hot as anticipated.

Really worried about my two dogs too who will be at home on their own whilst I am at work. I hope they don't get too hot. :cry:
Do you have a trusted friend or neighbour that could pop in to check on your dogs? Fortunately my dog walker lives around the corner from me but she'll just be coming round at lunchtime to top up the dog's water and let her out for a very quick garden piddle.

Reactions: 4
Do you have a trusted friend or neighbour that could pop in to check on your dogs? Fortunately my dog walker lives around the corner from me but she'll just be coming round at lunchtime to top up the dog's water and let her out for a very quick garden piddle.
Yes my Mum lives just up the road so I can get her to pop in and check they are ok. Good idea, thank you! :)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Does anyone else get extreme weather anxiety? I'm getting the same feeling I get when snow blizzard warnings are issued in winter. And I'm in an area that won't go above 30C next week but I'm still anxious.
Yeah, I do. I think for me the media doesn't help when they scaremonger with headlines like "RISK TO LIFE" etc

Honestly I’d take the day of to watch the dogs and because your expecting xx

For Monday and Tuesday, being laid off work currently, I'm going to get a load of ice cream and a load of my favourite sweet drinks and spend the whole day consuming them. I did that once before in the mid-noughties when the temperature became quite ridiculous.

The thought of sitting in the sweltering office next week is making me sad already

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Actually quite concerned here too! Is anyone keeping their babies/toddlers out of nursery that day? I’m considering it, not sure how I’ll manage wfh with the 2 of them though but hate the idea of them being uncomfortable at nursery.

Can we just take a moment for hospital staff that are still mask wearing! Dreading it!!!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I was in a garden centre at the weekend. Outside temp was about 27 but it was stifling inside the greenhouse things (not sure what they're called 😂) so it'll be unbearable in 41°
Garden centres are often glorified poly tunnels, which are designed to trap in heat and sunlight to help plants grow.

I’ve worked in many, and when it’s 30+ outside they’re usually over 40 inside. You have to water the floor (usually concrete) in order to attempt to cool it down 🥵🥵

I've seen a recommendation to not head to the beach as the sand will be far too hot to stand/lye/sit on and there is obviously very limited shade on a large open beach.
I'm sure that thousands of people will still go - I was planning to as well before the very hot weather was forecast but I've decided to just stay at home instead.

Reactions: 6
I've seen a recommendation to not head to the beach as the sand will be far too hot to stand/lye/sit on and there is obviously very limited shade on a large open beach.
I'm sure that thousands of people will still go - I was planning to as well before the very hot weather was forecast but I've decided to just stay at home instead.
I nipped down the beach on Sunday just gone, it was a hot day and I was only there an hour or so and I got so burnt even with factor 50 on! With no shade, and very little breeze it was quite uncomfortable so I can't imagine what it will be like if we get the temps they predict!

Reactions: 1
September is the best time for the beach in the UK as the water will be at it's warmest and the UV will be a fair bit lower. I'd rather sit under a tree at home with a paddling pool in the sun.

Love the Daily Mail boomer commentary, they think because it was hot one summer in 1976 climate change is a myth and we're all snowflakes

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.