Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
I'm working at home today (sadly all windows shut because my neighbours are getting their grass cut and my hayfever is off the charts this year). Got the radio on and a very sensible person was commenting on the hot weather during the news, suggesting that we need to adopt a more Mediterranean lifestyle when it's hot like this e.g. staying out of the sun as much as possible during the day. I understand there are people who will not have a choice regarding this but it's the ejits who will flock to the beaches and stay out in all temperatures until they're lobster red. But I don't see the adoption of COMMON SENSE happening because we tend to get batches of hot weather for a week or two and then it disappears.

Reactions: 7

madgirlcity

I cannot stand it. I have no toleration for this weather. Constantly having to smother myself in sun cream and still not wanting to be outside for too long due to my fear of ageing. The weather in the uk has been very up and down lately but when isn’t it?

• Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member
So annoyed, was at the beach all day yesterday and was topping up sun cream regularly, forgot to do my back though and Iv just went to lie in bed and it stings so bad! 😓got up to look in the mirror and my whole upper back is red raw, guess I’ll be sleeping on my front now 😩😒
When I had really bad sunburn this was all that helped. It doesn’t have alcohol in like others I’ve found (unless you have an actual aloe tree!) Also putting calamine lotion in the fridge and then pouring it onto a flannel so you can easily place it on your back. Might get your sheets a bit messy, but helps relieve the pain. https://www.beautybay.com/p/holika-holika/aloe-99-soothing-gel/

Wide awake cos of this bastard heat. I’m exhausted 💀
I’m heat intolerant due to illness and I get exhausted quickly. This is torture. I’m so hot.
Needed the loo and it’s one with no fan or window. I was perspiring so much, I nearly fainted.
I’m wide awake also and so exhausted. I hope we get a break from this soon.

That’s it. I’ve dunked my hair into a sink of cold water and I’m sitting by the fan, naked, to try and cool down.

Last edited:

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I wouldn't mind the heat if it was 1) guaranteed a nice breeze not too humid 2) guaranteed nice and cool in the night so I can sleep

FoksiOska

VIP Member
I've seen a recommendation to not head to the beach as the sand will be far too hot to stand/lye/sit on and there is obviously very limited shade on a large open beach.
I'm sure that thousands of people will still go - I was planning to as well before the very hot weather was forecast but I've decided to just stay at home instead.

Reactions: 6

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
One thing I hate is when it gets hot and then I realise I haven’t shaved my legs for a while so can’t wear shorts without feeling self conscious and getting dodgy looks from people.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

Pivot

VIP Member
I honestly hate hot weather, the only bonus for my right now is not having to use the heating. Other than that I am miserable in the summer time 😭

Sunday looks like hell for me 😭
Me too. Think i said last year(and it still stands now lol) the only thing I like the summer for is drying my washing outside. Roll on Autumn!

Kaylon8083

Chatty Member
I've got a headache and I've had stomach cramps since last night. I'm also feeling nauseous and exhausted. I don't cope well in heat.

Roll on autumn 🍂 I say.