Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
I've not long returned from an 8 hour shift in the laundry, at the care home I work at. I feel like I have done a few rounds with Mike Tyson! More of the same tomorrow. ☀

• Sad
Reactions: 7

Lanie

VIP Member
1. The constant need to change outfits because it’s too hot to wear jeans but you’re too wobbly to wear shorts.
2. Cannot find a flattering length of shorts anywhere
3. The constant need for suncream
4. The constant need to lather up the kids with suncream
5. Kids moaning about being sticky because of said suncream
6. Kids moaning they’re hot
7. Reminding kids to wear a hat
8. Reminding kids (and other half) to take a water bottle out
9. Questioning whether you actually just stay in because it’s too hot to venture out
10. The roasting hot house
11. The annual argument with the other half about leaving windows open (“but we’ll get robbed” 🙄)

And I’m generally a positive person! 🙃

Let’s just leave it at 18-20 degrees shall we? And every other day chuck a bit of a breeze in there so the house can cool down. That would be perfect!
Me and my husband have the windows fight. My argument is any robber braving these temps to rob our crappy tv can have it, as long as im cool. 😜

• Haha

Penguin86

VIP Member
Yep I hate this heat.
I have health issues and find the heat unbearable. It gives me headaches and occasional makes me nauseous (also grouchy but thats standard)

• Sad

MyLittlePony25

VIP Member
Just buy a portable AC unit, you can pick one up for about £300
not possible for many people.

I just purchased a tower fan and it is really good even on the lowest setting so I’m hoping it will be helpful next week. I am worried about it as I don’t cope in the heat, I’ve been feeling nauseous for the past two weeks and it’s not fun. Also worried about the local wildlife and will be putting out lots of water and extra food as the ground is too hard for birds to dig for worms etc.

WilmaHun

VIP Member
Sleeping was so uncomfortable last night 😫 it was still 26 at like 10 last night! it’s cooled down to 16 here now but still feels quite muggy.

• Sad
  • Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
The daily mail is going full on trying to annoy the boomer readers with this headline : "ambulances may burst into flames waiting outside hospitals"

Their readership no doubt used to work all day long in 40 degree heats and just got on with it 😆

• Haha

The212

I actually managed to fall asleep quickly the other night...until I got woken up by my next door neighbours having ridiculously loud sex at 2am! Their windows were wide open & so was mine so I heard everything (and so did most of the street probably!)

• Haha
  • Sick

bamboo98

VIP Member
I honestly hate hot weather, the only bonus for my right now is not having to use the heating. Other than that I am miserable in the summer time 😭

Sunday looks like hell for me 😭

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
I don’t want to eat proper food either, I just want to snack and have cold drinks. My husband has just had sausages, mash and Yorkshire’s, in 30 degree heat.

• Wow
  • Haha

Behelzabobs

VIP Member
I HATE this weather! It just makes me sticky and irritable.
It doesn't help that I'm a redhead, so I don't even get a nice sun kissed glow to compensate :LOL:
The heat must feel different on peoples skin or something? I really don't like being too warm. Plus some people don't seem to sweat.
You have to shower more often, wash your clothes/ hair more often...
And don't get me started on trying on new summer clothes and feeling like a sack of spuds in shorts.
It's just shit.
Bring on Autumn 🍁
I could almost tolerate warm weather if there was a lovely breeze
There isn’t 😭

Thing is if you are cold then you can put more clothes/scarves on
But when it’s hot there’s a limit to how much you can take off
Everything makes you sweat even the most mundane thing is like trekking the Sahara dessert
Cars are boiling hot when you get in them
And every bastard shop is hot then you get odd looks for loitering near the freezer section hugging bags of peas
And don’t even get me started on sweat inducing f****** masks 😭

Last edited:

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
Lads, not going to lie but I'm very glad that I live in the one part of that UK that is forecast heavy wind & rain this week 👍

Thoughts and prayers with you all at this time.....

HelloStereo

VIP Member
I hate it too. I have fair skin so need to stay in the shade with lots of sun cream on already. It makes me feel lethargic and headachy being out in it for too long.

The worst is when you have period pain in hot weather. The bloating and pain and already raised temperature is just hell.

• Heart
  • Sad

whoops!

Anyone else get hot weather anxiety because all the knobs start being more knobby with their anti-social behaviour?

Our street is generally quiet, but the nook I live in has become inhabited by sofa draggers who sit out all day and night, shouting at the top of their voices, having BBQs, kids running about etc. .

I'm praying for a massive storm.
Same. I can’t tell you how ducking SICK AND TIRED I am of hearing my neighbours shitty music. on repeat, one about packing up your shit and go, one about fucking oh my love where did you go, another about not seeing someone’s name on their phone when they wake up.
They blast it out, started at 8am this morning.
I’m not mardy and I don’t mind people having fun, but stop being rude with the excessive volume. It’s so loud, I have to shout to talk to someone sat next to me, and they’re not even my next door neighbours!
God I’d love to live in a field

So basically We can’t enjoy our garden unless we are up for a rave.

• Angry
  • Sad