Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AnderbeauJohnson

VIP Member
I think we live in the same city. Today was marvelous! Clear blue sky!

I used to dislike summer and preferred spring, but these days spring doesn't exist anymore. It's just an extension of winter, so I've started to like summer a lot more. I wish I could live somewhere where it's sunny and warm all the time. I don't like winter and autumn is simply the most depressing season. There is a feeling of optimism during summer that doesn't exist in the winter/autumn. I'm always surprised when people say they prefer rainy and cloudy days over sun and blue sky!
Ah, I'm the opposite of you for weather - I love it to be dark when I wake up and dark when I finish work, constant sunshine just gets me down for some reason, even if it's sunny and cooler.

Reactions: 6

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
F*cking raging, lads. Biggest Biscuit has had to wear a coat outside this week. And it's to be 26C on Wednesday. F*CK. That. Shit.

• Haha
  • Sad

Penguin86

VIP Member
28 degrees, there is just no need is there? Our houses are built too keep heat in so when people from abroad think it's nothing, we're exaggerating etc we're really not. 😩
From this weather? That's how I'm feeling today. 😩

Yes this is what I have now. It's awful. I've actually had too come downstairs as it's a bit more cooler than upstairs which is boiling no matter what. I've stomach cramps, sweating, lightheaded, nauseous feeling. 😩😡🤮
I ended up fainting on the living room floor. One minute I was talking to my housemate and the next I was on the floor

• Sad

nbt

VIP Member
I will say one thing, my kids have only just come in from playing outside in shorts and t-shirts, so it’s nice that they can do that at this time of night.

Sorry, I’ll go and find The Hot Weather Rave thread now 👀

• Haha
It’s “supposed” to be 23 C where I am but the house is hoooot. Must be around 30 C in the sun. As much as I love summer, I just don’t get the heat love. Give me my 18-20 C and I’m a happy girl!

VIP Member
I swear it was hotter today, I really struggled working today, I will be glad when the temperature is down to 22c.

TheGlossy

VIP Member
Im actually in tears.
I feel so unwell. I feel like people think I'm being over dramatic about the heat. I've had a headache for 2 days now aswell as nausea. The only way I can describe heat intolerance is like a permanent hot flush.
I was actually going to ask - is anyone feeling unwell in this heat? I start the day off rather OK. Then, by evening time, I wind up with a strong headache, stomach pains, nausea, exhaustion and overall sleepiness. I'm not sick per se, but I'm not all the way there either. I woke up with a congested nose this morning and I already have a headache. I can't stop sneezing either. I don't have a cold though. Rinse and repeat every single day. This puts me in a horrendous mood.

I was fine before this heatwave. I love the warm weather, but I can't cope with the physical symptoms.

Gamu

VIP Member
I am so glad I found this thread. I once admitted at work that I hate the summer and I was looked at like " what deviant is this". As if I said I kick puppies and chuck kittens out the window. The horror on their faces and they all argued with me. I don't bother saying it now. Now I smile with fakery and agree when people say " innit lovely" summer is nice in the evening outside pubs but I live in East London so we get a lot of urban heat.

I love hot weather on holiday absolutely and can lie in the sun for hours with a kindle as long as there's water to swim in and some shade but here it's hell.
I am lying on my bed with the portable air conditioner on, blinds closed and 2 fans lol. I will fake tan later so my secret is safe.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
The weather forecast chats shite.

Where's the rain forecast today? Cloudy but the sun keeps trying to come through 😡 also says 25 degrees tomorrow, nooooo. I mean the unbearable weather the other day was 28 degrees so it's not far off. The past two days have been nice and cool, hope it stays that way.
I think the rain meant for the rest of the country dumped itself on London last night by the sounds of it.

• Haha