Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AnderbeauJohnson

VIP Member
We have one as well but I'll believe it when I see it.

...If it does rain though I'm taking a break from work and just doing this

• Haha
Reactions: 8

FoksiOska

VIP Member
Love the Daily Mail boomer commentary, they think because it was hot one summer in 1976 climate change is a myth and we're all snowflakes
"We survived the summer of 1976" yeah OK good for you 😴
It's funny how where you live influences your temperature tolerance. It's quite fascinating.

I live in the Caribbean (Trinidad, so very close to the Equator) and 30 degrees is a good, fairly mild day here. The norm is 34-35 in July - September and because of the humidity which is in the high 80s, it feels much hotter. But somehow, we manage okay even for those who don't have AC at home and we are able to regularly move about outdoors or run errands in the midday sun.

But the cold!!!! Anything under 22 degrees and we are freezing. I literally wear a scarf, large jacket and sometimes mittens if it's near 20 in the office as do lots of other women. 🤷‍♀️
Whereas on a spring day in the UK, as soon as it hits 20° (and often lower!) we're in shorts and t-shirt, floaty dresses, sandals etc. BBQ is lit, suncream is out ....😂

• Haha
  • Heart

emmer_moans

VIP Member

Brace yourselves for another heatwave in the UK.
I'll be stocking up my fridge with cold drinks tonight.

• Haha

Yel

Chatty Member
Looks pretty likely the hottest day ever will next week, possibly broken twice.

Today's 25 is pretty perfect but not enjoying all the wildlife. One peach has turned my kitchen into a fruit fly orgy. 😬

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7

37BBL

VIP Member
I did my make up this morning because I have meetings and need to do the school drops, checked in the mirror and I looked gross my make up was all cakey and my face all shiny.
Plus I feel gross in all my clothes because I've put half a stone on. Bloody weather is shit for my self confidence!

Scullybob

VIP Member
I hate hot weather. It makes me lethargic and grumpy. Give me a lovely fresh spring day or a frosty, blue skies autumnal day every time over a sweaty uncomfortable summer day.

Kaylon8083

Chatty Member
It's getting really hot where I am. I can't wait to be able to wear boots again.

This is me in hot weather lol 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Savannah_xx

VIP Member
There's me, happy it's September now, nights drawing in, can get some nice autumn/winter clothes...then this heatwave wants to pipe up again. Fuck off!

• Heart

Pipsy

VIP Member
UV Index readings of 8 for the South. (10 is max, globally) Eight is rare in the UK. Extremely damaging. Please stay indoors if you can (between 10am-4pm), if you can't then take every precaution to protect your skin and eyes. Broad spectrum SPF 50 reapplied every 2 hours, wide brim hat, sunglasses, long sleeves etc.

ElektraWintour

VIP Member
Do you know what I hate? How they always advise to keep windows and curtains closed during the day to keep rooms cool. I don’t know if it’s just my house but it doesn’t work! Either way my house is too hot!

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I also hate how it never really gets dark, so I’m lying in my bed at 11pm trying to get to sleep feeling sweaty and irritated and it’s also bright outside, then I eventually get to sleep but wake up around 4am and it’s still bright outside
Have you tried a silk or satin eye mask? They really help me cancel out the light and don’t add to the heat.

I like the brightness and the blue skies but if it was mid teens and not 20 plus I would be much better.
Also similar to what others have shared, I’m too large for nice summer clothes and I resemble Homer Simpson if I put on a summer dress.
68938BFF-DE5F-463B-8496-628B04972366.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha

veevee04

VIP Member
Heat is awful when you have to work completely different to holiday heat wearing swimwear lounging by the pool then sleeping in a room with air con.

TJ90

VIP Member
I actually managed to fall asleep quickly the other night...until I got woken up by my next door neighbours having ridiculously loud sex at 2am! Their windows were wide open & so was mine so I heard everything (and so did most of the street probably!)
How are they having sex in this heat 😩 god help my husband if he even tries

• Haha

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
I struggle when it gets to above 23°c or so. I’m also fat and hate figuring out what I feel comfortable in that also looks ok. At home I can wear jersey shorts/cycling shorts and a baggy t-shirt and be comfortable, couldn’t wear that to sit in a restaurant or something though without feeling under dressed. But then the problem is most summer clothes for women are designed to be worn by slim women of which I am not. Where as all the uncropped tops at???

I can’t win though because I also struggle with the cold too. When it starts getting down to 2/3°c all I want to do is hibernate and I hate feeling cold. I’m definitely a walking stereotype when it comes to being British and moaning about the weather regardless. If it could just stay at around 20° all year round then that would be great.