Meteorology moaning - aka the weather, let’s moan about the heat 🥵🔥☀️🔥

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else remember summer 1976? I remember our back lawn showing large patches of dried, cracked earth between yellowed grass. I have a general memory of always being hot and sweaty and wearing only shorts most of the time. I recall my mum putting orange juice into little compartments used to freeze ice cubes and my keeping cool by consuming the products.
There was a 90 minute long programme on the other week about the heat wave in the summer of 76. You should still get it on catch up.

Reactions: 2
There was a 90 minute long programme on the other week about the heat wave in the summer of 76. You should still get it on catch up.
I was 9 years old in 1976, I better check this program out.

I'm well stroppy and irritable in this heat :ROFLMAO: feel sorry for the people unfortunate enough to be in my company :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It’s nice and breezy where I am today, I didn’t end up a massive sweaty mess on the school run for a change 😂
It looks like a few cooler days before being hot on Sunday, Monday and now Tuesday too.

Reactions: 1
It’s warm and stuffy in my flat, the cat is stroppy, I’m stroppy. The cat won’t lay on the cool mats and keeps following me around and flopping on the floor wherever I am and glaring at me. I’ve just ordered another fan…sod the electricity bill, I can’t handle the heat and I feel constantly nauseous at the moment ☹

Reactions: 4
Todays not too bad. A few of us mums at our school were saying we would rather kids be at home if it hit 34 like it’s meant to on Monday/Tuesday. Our school is a old building and at least at home we can have them in the pool and keep indoors cool for them

Reactions: 4
My neighbours decided to mow their lawn and make general noise with some machinery at 8 AM. I can’t really complain because of the expected heat but man

Also being ill in this weather is some sort of curse

• Sad
It's apparently only 17 degrees right now where I am, and I'm already tired from the heat and it's going to reach double that on Monday and Tuesday, forecasts say! 🥵 🥵 🥵

Todays not too bad. A few of us mums at our school were saying we would rather kids be at home if it hit 34 like it’s meant to on Monday/Tuesday. Our school is a old building and at least at home we can have them in the pool and keep indoors cool for them
I agree, if the forecast is still saying 34 Monday and Tuesday by the weekend, I don’t think kids should be at school on those days! It sounds silly but for the UK with our infrastructure and way of life, that’s far too hot for kids to be stuck at school!
The heat affects kids concentration, makes them more tired + reduces their appetite!

I had to have the fan on last night while sleeping. I just couldn't get comfortable. I was tossing and turning, but it was just warm in every position. Put the fan on and I was asleep within 20 mins. I don't like using the electric for that, but it's only for a few nights.

There must be more benefits than just quicker drying washing?

I weeded all the driveway paving the other day. You'd think that and a week of hot dry weather would stop the weeds for a bit, but I bet once it breaks they'll be back a few days later stronger than ever.

Reactions: 3
My grass is dead (can't afford the water bill for that, it's 100ft, it'll grow back, I hope! 😅😭) but the weeds are coming through relentlessly. Where do they come from and why doesn't anything kill them off. All my flowers are dead even though I've watered them. Roll on Autumn. I promise not to complain about the cold this winter, well at least until I'm freezing my absolute tits off watching my son play rugby 🤣)

It’s not too bad today (so far) there’s a nice breeze coming in but I swear if I read one more non Brit say all we have to do is keep the windows and curtains closed, I’m going to scream 🤬

My daughters black out blind and curtains were shut all day yesterday and she still had to go to bed with her room at 28 degrees! Our houses are made to keep the heat in and we have no air con, let us moan!

We had rain yesterday, took the dog for a nice walk in it.
Our school has sports day monday and tuesday next week! Waiting for it to be cancelled, or they are getting a "my childs not taking part" message from me.

My bamboo and roses are basically dead! Even watering them on an evening isn’t bringing them back to life. Thinking about using an old squash / pop bottle and doing the continuous drip method?

We had a bit of rain last night which I hoped would clear the air a bit but it hasn't. It's so muggy! The only good thing is normally after a heatwave comes a big thunderstorm, and I love watching and listening to storms so hopefully we'll get one next week!

Oh man it feels worse in here today than the last couple of days, the sweat dripping off of me is horrendous and I’ve only gotten dressed and put the washing on the airer (in a flat so can’t even make the most of getting washing dried faster!). I’m completely miserable and next week is going to be worse, feel for people who have to work outside in it but I think it’s cooler outside my flat than in it!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
The bowl of ice in front of a table fan works really well. I try that when I have enough ice. I bought a bag of ice yesterday just for that, but I need some ice trays as I don't currently have more than one small one.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.