Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Aannnnnnd it's finally raining (drizzling) here 🌧

ETA: the faintest drizzle though, the air is really muggy ☹

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

AnderbeauJohnson

VIP Member
They told me it would rain today.
They told me it would be cooler.
It's roasting and there is barely a cloud in the bright blue sky.

I will Blame It On the Weatherman.

• Angry

MyLittlePony25

VIP Member
Anybody else realising they need to lose 2 stone plus to survive this heat. WHY didn't I work on the lock down bod whilst I had the chance 🙃🙃
ive lost 3 stone and I’m so bloody glad I have! Still have 4 stone to lose 😩 I’m really struggling in this heat, living in a block of flats too with no breeze coming through. I’ve had a migraine and managed an hours nap this afternoon but still. Looks like I need to move to a colder country!

• Heart
I am in the minority and I LOVE the heat. However, 38 is forecast for my area and the office that I work in has windows that don't open (it's a very old building) and no air conditioning. I am genuinely concerned as I am currently pregnant (9 weeks) and I feel nauseous as it is!!! Work doesn't know at the moment and I am trying to keep it that way. We aren't allowed to work from home either! Hopefully it isn't as hot as anticipated.

Really worried about my two dogs too who will be at home on their own whilst I am at work. I hope they don't get too hot. :cry:
Is there a reason you don’t want work to know, other than it being early? I had to tell mine at 7 weeks when I was being sick everyday so I do empathise. It’s a difficult situation I also had the same office situation and in heatwaves I wouldn’t go in as it was unsafe. Please put yourself first as it’s so easy to get heatstroke while pregnant.

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
Honestly has Scotland EVER been this hot?! I’m melting.
I got a Timehop update from this day last year which included a screenshot from the BBC Weather app. The temperature was 25C.

Summers in Scotland haven't always been this hot but, more importantly, we're getting drier spells of weather. Which is a problem if this is the direction climate change is taking us in.

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
The bedroom is very warm. Not sure how well I'll sleep tonight. Looking at the forecast, it's going to be 23c at 1am. Errgghh 😩

hrh89

VIP Member
We’ve been forecasted storms for the past three days where I am but absolutely no sign of one 😂

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
Off to a local farm park and it's predicted to hit 27C 😭 Booked the tickets about three weeks ago before this heatwave hit and regretting life choices.

TheGlossy

VIP Member
I never thought I'd ever say this because I normally love the warm weather, but it feels so good to finally have some crisp air!

This past week was warm and to be honest, I hate the heat at the end of September because it's the type of heat that doesn't feel good at all. It feels heavy and a bit strange because summer is technically over.

I was done with summer at the end of August and to be fair, I really didn't enjoy this summer because we had a warm June / July with great heat, then the weather took a turn in August and the weather was bad the whole month and then we got this bizarre heat in September. Really strange summer over here.

VIP Member
I managed quite well today, there was a breeze which did help, I did have a problem
when I was stuck in traffic.... yes motorcycles can get stuck in traffic you know!!!

Anyway, drank plenty and even got home early to a very hot house, the coldest
room is the bathroom so going for a piss is sheer heaven.

I've heard that temperatures are set to go about 30 degrees, I might try and get next
week off because I don't think I can work in that heat.

LittleMy

VIP Member
What is the difference between face sunscreen and normal sunscreen? I thought it was all the same and can be used as so, no?
Face sun creams are usually more lightweight and gentler on your skin. The skin on your face tends to be more sensitive, plus many face creams are designed so you can wear under makeup daily and aren’t as oily.

Hodgies

Chatty Member
I've struggled today, I'm in Scotland so it's not as warm as elsewhere but for me it's too much. We went to a family party this afternoon and everyone was outside and felt like the sun was beating down on me the whole time, it was a beautiful afternoon but I overheat so quickly.

Weather for next few weeks looks nice but not as hot as today, more like high teens.

Savannah_xx

VIP Member
That was an anti climax! Ok 1 little rumble of thunder, 5 mins of heavy rain. That was it. And now I'm back to sweating like a bi-at-ch! 🥵