Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
What heatwave are you all on about 😂 15 here and it’s grey. I’d love a heatwave, got loads of washing I need doing 😅
Same. I did the wash last night expecting to be able to hang it out today, but the air is definitely too damp.

I'm moaning about the lack of sunshine. Still! Sunday afternoon the cloud cover might just might break and the sun might appear. It's warm though and my hanging baskets are wilting. What do I do with wilting baskets? This hasn't happened before.
What do you mean? Do they just need watered?

Reactions: 1

Savannah_xx

VIP Member
Well thank goodness!

Today was supposed to the hottest day of the year so far at 26 degrees where I am, but it's actually cloudy, still a bit humid but no sun 😃

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I’m on the south coast it’s about 26 here but there’s a nice breeze. Currently sitting on the beach it’s beautiful. Lucky to live by the sea as it must be extra hot in the cities
I'm reading your post at the same time as I hear some youths tearing up and down the estate on mopeds 😂

• Haha

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
My weather app tells me it's currently 21C where I am. It's almost half ten at night, fuck off.

Eldest has also woken up screaming he's too hot which was just lovely. Keep poking the Youngest to make sure he's still breathing 👀

Thunder storm forecast here tomorrow. There's a localised flooding alert. I SAY BRING IT ON MOTHERFUCKERS!

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Does anyone else here have ezcema? Heatwaves give me raw inner elbows and neck. The past two days have been better but 35-37 degrees will make my skin miserable.

37BBL

VIP Member
I am really not well today. Bad sleep from the heat last night and had an icky headache all day. Doesn't matter how much water I drink
Feel for you.
I spent a few hours in it during half term with my kids, I made sure they were shaded and kept chasing them round putting hats and cream on which meant I was in the sun for the majority. When the evening came I felt horrendous, so sick and had an awful headache.
Hopefully you can get a good sleep in tonight.

boqurant

Does anyone else here have ezcema? Heatwaves give me raw inner elbows and neck. The past two days have been better but 35-37 degrees will make my skin miserable.
YES - I get it all over my hands and it’s reasonably controlled even in Winter temps but lately it’s flared up so bad. 😓

• Sad

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
The bowl of ice in front of a table fan works really well. I try that when I have enough ice. I bought a bag of ice yesterday just for that, but I need some ice trays as I don't currently have more than one small one.

Pivot

VIP Member
My other half is a bit of weather buff and says 50/50 chance of breaking the hottest weather records next weekend. 🥵
I don’t know how we are all going to cope…. 🥵🥵
I can't cope now. Not sure what I'm going to do if it gets much hotter 🥵😭😡

AnderbeauJohnson

VIP Member
Still too hot for my liking (I'm only happy in single digits) but not as bad as yesterday and hopefully the rain will help a little

Screenshot 2021-07-22 11.32.40.png

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
I’m on the south coast it’s about 26 here but there’s a nice breeze. Currently sitting on the beach it’s beautiful. Lucky to live by the sea as it must be extra hot in the cities
I'm on the south coast too, 28 & absolutely no breeze where I am 🥵🥵 maybe being at the beach makes the difference.

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
Is there an aircon that you can buy that doesn’t involve sticking a tube out the window?
We've been looking into this and the short answer seems to be no (happy to be corrected). I used to have a portable AC for my chinchillas. Fab at cooling their room down but we had to run the pipe into the hallway making the rest of the house even hotter 😖

eggbutty

I could almost tolerate warm weather if there was a lovely breeze
There isn’t 😭

Thing is if you are cold then you can put more clothes/scarves on
But when it’s hot there’s a limit to how much you can take off
Everything makes you sweat even the most mundane thing is like trekking the Sahara dessert
Cars are boiling hot when you get in them
And every bastard shop is hot then you get odd looks for loitering near the freezer section hugging bags of peas
And don’t even get me started on sweat inducing f****** masks 😭
Haha the too cold / hot argument when I worked in an office. I do not miss that shit.

Four of us to a desk, two complaining because the air con was making them 'cold'.
All of us in vest tops or t-shirts, I'd just shrug and say I can't strip down to my bra (well I could but I'd have HR on my case :LOL:) ...you should've brought a cardigan/ hoodie to work!

They never understood my argument :rolleyes:🥴

CrystalWench

Chatty Member
26c in my bungalow right now. I’m too hot and irritated. My asd son is insisting on walking around in full length pjs too making me feel even more hot just looking at him!