Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Penguin86

VIP Member
Im actually in tears.
I feel so unwell. I feel like people think I'm being over dramatic about the heat. I've had a headache for 2 days now aswell as nausea. The only way I can describe heat intolerance is like a permanent hot flush.

• Sad
Reactions: 10

Hodgies

Chatty Member
I'm a very overweight, very pale skinned, heat intolerant Scottish girl and I just don't cope with these kind of temperatures!

I've never liked the heat, autumn and winter are my favourite times of the year. My skin burns in a nano second and it's just no fun when you're constantly worrying about it while sweating your tits off. I'm feeling sick and disorientated a lot this week as I've had no choice to be out in it and I know I'm not drinking enough. I've also got my kids moaning at me about being too hot which frazzles me even more.

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
I can’t stand it, anything where it’s muggy and hot gives me a headache. I like it where it’s sunny but a bit breezy. U.K. houses don’t help though, built to keep the heat in!

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Does anyone find that they don’t feel hungry because of the heat but they they feel nauseous because they haven’t eaten much? Combined with hardly sleeping I feel like death very much warmed up.

blondie1993

Anybody else realising they need to lose 2 stone plus to survive this heat. WHY didn't I work on the lock down bod whilst I had the chance 🙃🙃

Popcorn&Peanuts

It's funny how where you live influences your temperature tolerance. It's quite fascinating.

I live in the Caribbean (Trinidad, so very close to the Equator) and 30 degrees is a good, fairly mild day here. The norm is 34-35 in July - September and because of the humidity which is in the high 80s, it feels much hotter. But somehow, we manage okay even for those who don't have AC at home and we are able to regularly move about outdoors or run errands in the midday sun.

But the cold!!!! Anything under 22 degrees and we are freezing. I literally wear a scarf, large jacket and sometimes mittens if it's near 20 in the office as do lots of other women. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow

Maid22

VIP Member
I really hate this heat, but tbf, it doesn't last that long!
What's annoying me is dog walkers on the road, the temperature on the dogs paws, walk them early or later.

Reactions: 9
I absolutely love this weather ☀ and live for it as I am from Cyprus, where temperatures can reach over 40C. However, in the UK we are not used to these temperatures, houses are not built for hot summers, nor is the infrastructure/lifestyle. In Cyprus (similar to many of the Mediterranean countries) we would start school early and finish early. Most people would have a siesta and shut their businesses for a few hours, re-opening in the evening when it starts to get a tad cooler.

I also agree with the comments regarding common sense, staying out of the sun ☀ during peak hours - especially children. People walking their dogs 🦮 during the hottest hours of the day also need a slap of reality. 😐

• Heart
Reactions: 9