Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Savannah_xx

VIP Member
Its definitely heating up in the evenings. It was 26° at 3pm its now 29°
Bloody opposite of what it should be doing. Fair enough say 12/1pm it should be at it's hottest, not getting more hotter later = another bloody sticky night it is again then😡

Reactions: 6

VIP Member
I have question, why do women wear leather trousers or leather shorts IN THIS HEAT??

• Wow

Dishthedirt2021

VIP Member
Ok so it’s cooler here and the big yellow bastard in the sky is nowhere to be seen, it’s still muggy. But oh my goodness, the feeling of a cool breeze was heaven! Still was a sweaty Betty but it’s more bearable today. Roll on autumn lol

• Haha

Homebird44

VIP Member
It's two degrees warmer than when I wrote my last post. Can anyone explain why its heating up like this in the evening?
Found this online

This is usually due to absorbed heat. If you are surrounded by concrete , buildings, pavement and many other solid types of building materials it will be hotter. These materials absorb heat and release it at night. If you live away from all this city type environment then you will notice the nights are cooler since there are few things to retain the daily heat. Rocks absorb heat as well

• Wow

Meangirl815

VIP Member
I'm in the NE. And it's glorious here today. A warm 22. But cloudy. And possibly even slightly too chilly to sit out

I have biscuits and coffee if anybody wants to visit for the day 😂

• Heart

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
My dog is similar. The number of cooling mats I've bought her while she lies on a rug, panting because she's too bloody hot 🙄 It sounds daft but I rinsed a tea towel in cool (not freezing cold as I believe that can cause them to go into shock) tap water and draped it over her. Not sure if it helped but she was fine with that than actually sitting on the cooling mat. My dog has also just had her groom so hoping her shorter coat helps her next week. PS My dog is a terrier so does fit under a tea towel.
Don't drape it over her, encourage her to lay on it. Draping traps the heat (vet nurse)

WilmaHun

VIP Member
Why’s it so hot again 😩 I’ve only got dressed 10 minutes ago and I feel disgusting already

• Sad
Reactions: 5

Chewingthefat

I always pretend I like it as I come across as a miserable cow but I really hate the heat! I’m happy with a max of 21 degrees but anymore I really struggle!
Can’t sleep and can’t get the kids to sleep.
House is boiling so have to leave windows and doors open which then let’s all the flies in.
Hate wearing summer clothes as, like a lot of people I’ve put on a lot of extra weight over lockdown.
I don’t mind it hot in other countries as there’s air on, swimming pools etc but here in the UK it’s just not enjoyable!

WilmaHun

VIP Member
Dragged the a/c out of the cupboard this morning. 🥵
My bf bought an aircon machine a few years ago and at the time I kept telling him it was unnecessary plus it is the ugliest thing EVER but I am so grateful to have it at night times!

• Heart

Trixabellee9393

I don’t understand people who can sit under direct sun light if I do that for five minutes I’m really uncomfortable my eyes and head hurts an all the energy drains from my body! I ALWAYS sit under the shade an have a hat and sunglasses on 😹 I have to be outside as I like nature and stuff but direct sun light no way it’s the shade for me! Dreading trying to sleep tonight!

VIP Member
I stuck my head out of the back door a few minutes ago, oh bollocks it's hot, I have to cut the lawn today
to keep Mother happy so I will wait till 4PM till I even think of going outside.

Secretadmirer

VIP Member
Apparently it’s 21c here now and I couldn’t be happier, finally feel like I can breathe and don’t feel like a disgusting sweaty mess!! Lovely breeze through my house right now and it doesn’t feel like I’ve walked into hell