Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I am in the minority and I LOVE the heat. However, 38 is forecast for my area and the office that I work in has windows that don't open (it's a very old building) and no air conditioning. I am genuinely concerned as I am currently pregnant (9 weeks) and I feel nauseous as it is!!! Work doesn't know at the moment and I am trying to keep it that way. We aren't allowed to work from home either! Hopefully it isn't as hot as anticipated.

Really worried about my two dogs too who will be at home on their own whilst I am at work. I hope they don't get too hot. :cry:

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
Thankfully this heat will only last for a couple days, but I dread to think the damage to people and infrastructure over those two days. The roads will probably melt and some older people will die.

• Sad

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I had a shower before bed last night, felt fresh for 5 mins. Woke up at 6am with the bedroom like a sauna, neck drenched as it was jammed against my pillow, ugh. Went immediately into shower, felt fresh for 5 mins, started sweating again while just getting the breakfast ready. Nearly 3pm now, waiting for 5pm log off time so I can go shove my face in the fridge.

I like sunshine but it never seems to come without horrid humidity here.

Last edited:

37BBL

VIP Member
Not even lunchtime yet and myself, the baby, the toddler and the dog are huddled in the living room with the blinds closed. The poor dog looks so fed up already and she's usually a right sun whorshipper!
I haven't opened my curtains upstairs for 3 days now!

Cazzco_123

And yet there are idiots out on beaches with their kids at the hotest part of the day without so much as a hat on or any sort of uv/spf clothing. Crazy!
First thing men usually do is go bare chested like it's clever to burn 🙄

• Sick

AnderbeauJohnson

VIP Member
It rained! Sort of... kind of... it dropped a small amount of warm water from the sky for two minutes but it's a good start!

• Haha

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I dont find our portable AC unit is that expensive to run.

Bought it 4 years ago and its worth every single penny 😂🙈 I cant stand the heat so it makes me less miserable. B&Q were selling them all off one August so got a £300 unit for £170.

We dont use it loads but its absolutely worth it when you need it.

mummy_3

Chatty Member
my 2 autistic boys suffered yesterday with how hot and stuffy it was. The younger one had a nosebleed and wouldnt come out of his cool bed, the older one has just shut himself down in just his pants and is very frustrated by it all. So no school today as both refused to even get up and get dressed. Luckily school were understanding as they know how much the boys struggle in school day to day and this sudden stuffy heat in the south west hasnt helped their mood/frustration so even if I had got them to the school they probably wouldnt have made it into class and been sent home anyway. 11yr old is doing lots of pacing and fidgeting while the 9 yr old is very much mute and keeping to himself (better then this morning when he was lashing out physically!)
I hate this weather so much, I much rather the cold, atleast then I can put heating on or wrap up. With the heat theres not much to do! Every room has a fan on and even then its just stuffing. My little chug is going for walks at 6am then spending her days led on the sofa in front of the fan or down on the laminate floor to keep cool. Dreading this expected sunday/monday rise in temperature.

• Heart

carriebooboo

VIP Member
The difference a few degrees makes! Feel much better this morning. I love the rain so looking forward to this weekend.

Monday is forecast for 27c so I'll see you all back here then. 😘

• Haha