Melanie Murphy #9 it'll be alt right in the end

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
she keeps mentioning that she has BDD (body dysmorphic disorder), but has she ever mentioned actually getting that diagnosis? BDD is quite a serious and debilitating disorder and i doubt a person suffering from that would show herself on camera as frequently as she does.
Another self diagnosed ailment that she doesn’t actually have 🥲

Reactions: 13
I’m glad we can come together and say we enjoyed the latest video 😂 also, Melanie, since you read this, I think you’re body looks great post-baby and I’m sure you’ll be able to enjoy your pre-baby clothes again.

But I do agree that for someone who struggles with an ED, it could potentially be triggering. The ways she addresses weight and EDs and body dysmorphia was a big reason why I grew to not like her content so much. The calorie counting app ad was extremely misguiding and dangerous, and I still can’t get over it. I was never formally diagnosed nor do I believe I met the criteria, but calorie counting apps is what led me down a spiral with eating and body image in my teenage years. I guess what I’m trying to say is that she talks a lot about body positivity/neutrality but doesn’t seem to heed her own advice.

Also, I know breastfeeding is supposed to help weight melt off quickly in the beginning months, but doesnt it also make it difficult to lose weight at some point and can actually make you gain/store weight? Someone can correct me, I’m not educated on it.

Reactions: 8
The video felt like a body check bonanza. Her eyes were zooming in on herself a lot.

( as someone with a long history of anorexia, it felt like a long video of body checking and boob ogling)

She felt more relatable ( as the video wasn’t all over the place on topics and focusing on one issue) ...however It legitimately felt like she was trying to trigger herself. Especially when she talked about the wedding dress, and wanted to know what parts of her made it ‘not fit ‘ by a professional.

Reactions: 17
"Just Google Body positivity and neutrality, guys". Could she be any more clueless? "I don't have a waist or an ass now." Only, she didn't have them to begin with.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Won’t watch it because I’ve got my own post baby body issues going on and it won’t be good for me. But I don’t film myself trying on my old clothes either. Bodies change after having a baby? I don’t really see what she’s trying to accomplish with the video other than body checking.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Why why WHY buy a ridiculously expensive dress (her words) that can't be altered??

The pair of them are breathtakingly stupid when it comes to finances
View attachment 494286
She actually has such shite dress sense. Not so much the wedding gown but that bra she has on, 😬

Also, I find the video bizarre, like she is so desperate for validation

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yeah I won't watch - her body positivity stuff is not my cup of tea. Feels the opposite of positive etc.

Reactions: 11
I actually want her to tell us where her bra is from so I avoid that brand altogether 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
That is one ugly wedding dress 😬 like everything else she manages to be at outdated by at least a decade.

• Heart
Melanie's new video is atrocious. She is incredibly insecure about her body and is dying for reassurance from her followers and she loves triggering them too. She's appalling.

That is one ugly wedding dress 😬 like everything else she manages to be at outdated by at least a decade.
Yeah but have you seen how Melanie dresses? Even before she started wearing those ghastly Fabletics "clothes" (don't feel comfortable calling them that) she dressed like an idiot. She has no taste. Remember, Melane isn't very bright, worldly, nor cultured- therefore, not only does she have no understanding of others (BLM, POC, health care workers) she also has no understanding of how to maintain basic hygiene and dress herself. She is a complete dag and a loser. And it's our fault (former viewers, and current viewers) for making her popular. She is a sham.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Why is that video not declared "ad"? She says in the video she is an ambassador for fabletics, but it's not disclosed in the description nor anywhere else. And the description is in big part fabletics info.
I also don't get the whole saying that fabletics will provide you with a wardrobe for pregnancy and postpartum on the cheap. It's leggings and a sports bra. At best that's half an outfit and underwear. To me that's not a wardrobe.
Not everyone will walk around with tits half out and stomach out. Especially after giving birth most women aren't especially keen on figure hugging clothes that show off your stomach, in my opinion. But maybe I am wrong. To me a wardrobe means there is something in there for most occasions. And fabletics are clothes to work out in and to lounge around in inside your house. They're not something I would wear as an actual outfit anywhere.

What I also noticed is that she raved about the wedding dress store before and now it's all negativity from her.
The dress can't be altered. She was pushed by the staff into covering up the boobs for her guest when she really doesn't want to. The dress smells "old". Etc etc. Not a very nice light she's putting them in.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Who is the ASA equivalent in the ROI? Can we report her for not declaring the fabletics stuff in the title/description?

Reactions: 7
That new video is just full of blatent lies about the wedding dress 🤣 Like Mel, we all know your last fitting was in August 2019, if the owner kept altering your dress till Jan 2020 like you said, then why can't he open up and alter it now for you?
'It was bought in a closing down sale so there's nothing to be done now'. Just admit you were lying when you said 'the makings of Baby Pan were in my belly' when the picture was from four months before conception 🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
So she commented before about how she needed "months of fittings" because she was pregnant so they stayed open to do it, but not "it can't be altered"??

• Wow
Reactions: 13
FYI it's the artist formally known as tittletat2020 here. I created that account intending to just post a one off tattle comment, but as I post regularly now I wanted a proper name! Hope that's ok :)

Yes I thought this too. It doesn't look like an 'expensive' wedding dress . I know expensive is relative but it looks like it's worth about 1,200 at most . Which is cheaper end or more average price in terms of wedding dresses.
Also I think the ASOS dress she wore suited her much better. It actually looked more expensive. That style is what I'd assumed she would of went for in the big ceremony wedding.

Reactions: 8
I’m surprised they didn’t just rent a dress since they’re struggling so much financially. it’s cheaper, you don’t have a massive dress you’ll only wear once cluttering your wardrobe and anyway the marriage is more important than the party or having a fancy dress. My mom rented hers 25 years ago and she’s still happily married, but that’s about having your priorities straight I guess. Or they could’ve done what Hannah did and make a custom, versatile dress that could be reused for different occasions. At least then you’re getting your money’s worth in the long run.

• Heart
Does the woman not know how bra straps work because she could loosen the straps and the bra wouldn't be so flipping tight? She's got the slider all the way to the front on both bras!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
No time to shower but time for ANOTHER pointless reel featuring quotes that all seem like she wrote them herself...to herself. I've never seen any of them here anyway and we're her biggest haters apparently?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Melanie has posted a reel of all the hate comments she made herself and claims are from haterzzz.

I shouldn't have laughed as hard as I did at the she has the face of a narcisstic psychopath

Also on the video, like others have mentioned- she sees no issue with how triggering it could be for some viewers. Not even a trigger warning included. Did this girl not claim to have BDD and a history of eating disorders?

I also seen two comments from people who ordered Fabletics with address pal. One was charged €109 euro in custom charges and the other persons parcel is stuck in customs a long time. Melanie hasn't replied to these comments of course.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.