Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ms.Marble

VIP Member
Ugh. Her new video about the "old normal". I had to click off at the sentence "I'm scared that my son will never experience it. Airports never went back to normal after 9/11, did they".

I just can't. Exaggerated much? She has the audacity to call articles predicting that Corona will have long lasting effects on health fear mongering while she posts she fears that her son will never see a normal world. Wtf. That's a valid concern or reason to be sad if someone is really sick and might not outlive this pandemic, but not for a five month old.
And airports never went back to the way they were before for a good reason. Plane hijacking got a lot less frequent as a result. How is the way before 9/11 preferable? I would claim anyone who has lived through the horror of a plane hijacking and anyone who lost loved ones to one is glad that it never went back to the way it was before. Never looks beyond her own immediate concerns that one.

Reactions: 34

PumpkinLanterns

I hate how condescending they are. So disrespectful. If I was selling my house I'd definitely prefer a single person who's job it is to safely assess my house. Rather than two strangers who could be, ehem selfish anti-maskers who don't care about covid measures. They are exactly the type of person this rule exists for.

I can just picture it. Bringing the baby because she can't handle leaving him with anyone. Mel will decide the baby NEEDS to eat that very second and immediately unmask. She'll put the baby on the nearest surface so she can pull the ol' strattle and dangle cow technique on some unsuspecting homeowner's ottaman.

• Haha

tittletat2020

Ok I’ve skipped the breastfeeding weight debate but I’ll break it up with Melanie Murphy not shaming mothers who bottle feed.... but obviously shaming them in a very subtle way.

View attachment 469798
As someone who was unable to breastfeed either of my babies (latch issues/milk transfer issues/low supply) that is so, so hurtful. With my first I ended up exclusively pumping milk until she was 6mths old because of the guilt and pressure to feed her breastmilk. It nearly killed me. Pumping 8 times a day for 30mins including throughout the night came at a huge cost to my mental health and the love/time/energy/bond that I had left for my child. Often she would cry for the entire 30mins I would be pumping, unable to help her. Unlike Melanie my husband was working 12hrs a day 5 days a week so I never had help on tap the way she does.

Needless to say second time round when breastfeeding was a nightmare all over again I quickly switched to formula for everyone’s sake. I didn’t have a choice.

So fuck you Melanie and your entitled, uneducated bullshit. Millions upon millions of babies wouldn’t have thrived let alone survived without formula. She has no idea.

• Heart

Goopsun

For someone who is 'highly educated' with a degree, yous think she'd be able to separate constructive criticism from blind hate and not live in an echo chamber of frankly dangerous opinions...
Let me just say as someone with an actual teaching degree, that degree is not what she makes it out to be. She did no classroom practice. It's all theory.

You couldn't get employed as a teacher as what most people consider a normal teaching job. You'd have to do an add on two years. It's only part of a full teaching degree.

I think you could only teach further education or adult education.
I don't mean to knock the course but she makes it out like it's something else by saying 'teacher by trade' . It's insulting to teachers.

• Heart

artemist

Chatty Member
Loved the humble brag of how they were one of the first couples in the ✨entire world✨ to cancel their wedding due to Corona. Pretty sure Corona was already a thing in China long before mid-March and many couples probably already did that long before Mel in fucking Ireland.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33

starryeyed10

VIP Member
I'm still dying laughing at Thomas posting that stuff about the aviation industry and saying "if you're not from Ireland or not aware of the situation". Um I think what's happening to the aviation industry is happening globally right now and everyone is aware of it 😂😂. They live on their own planet the pair of them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

eilidhh

Screenshot 2021-03-19 at 13.25.13.png

LOVING this reply to her comment under Leena Norms' new video about debunking corona vaccine myths 👏👏

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32

rnpkr7829

Melanie reeks of white privilege so much. I’m sorry to everyone who’s white here. Being a brown person, I don’t expect white people to be constantly apologizing/be empathetic. But when Melanie casually said in her video “airports were never the same after 9/11”.. did it ever affect white people?? But yeah for people of color it was and still is hell. Has she ever addressed racism in Ireland/Irish airports? I don’t mean to be a snowflake here but didnt she once vow to be more aware of racism?
She genuinely thinks everyone’s life was pubs and friends and travel before Covid. It’d have been okay if she branded herself a “lifestyle Instagram influencer” who is only in it for the money/glam. But she constantly wants to be acknowledged as ambassador of mental health, teaching and kindness. THIS is not okay and that false pretense is really reallyyyyy off-putting.
Only feel sorry for her young followers who will grow up to be as ignorant as her.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Ashos

I wonder how accepting of death Melanie would be if she, Thomas or the baby were in a high risk category.

I have never seen Melanie passionate or vocal about any cause the way she is about lockdown and the aviation industry. I guarantee if Thomas was earning the big bucks as planned and they were living in a 4 bed in Skerries, we wouldn't hear a peep from Melanie about the impact of lockdown. Her agenda is so selfish and transparent, it's just embarrassing.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

plumbob

God she really cannot help but make absolutely everything about her can she? Zoe Sugg announces her pregnancy and Melanie’s all over it like a rash with the ‘can’t WAIT to follow her journey before I put myself through it all over again!!!’. Just be happy for her and go Mel, jesus.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 31

Nicki19

The aviation industry has spent years hiking up prices, adding charges, their own restrictions and bleeding people dry at Christmas knowing it's the one time of year emigrants will definitely be trying to get home that I think they deserve their comeuppance, nobody is going to be wanting to see them get free cash from the government when there are small business owners with absolutely nothing to begin with getting screwed

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I will say we need to take some credit for the change in Melanie's narrative.
we’re now getting a “hopefully“ when it comes to the subject of baby 2.
you're welcome Melanie. one step towards being less obnoxious

Wonder if we’ll be blessed with some nauseating word vomit if it happens

“feel so fertile & feral now guys! I am at one with the 🌍. My vessel is gleaming with health. Hubs only had to touch me 🔥 and my body blossomed vibrantly with new life!!!”

• Haha
  • Sick

tattle420

VIP Member
i'm guffawing at "one of the first couples in the world to cancel their wedding because of covid" i'm sorry i wasn't aware of a counter that kept track of couples who had to cancel their weddings? what fucking delusional land is she living in because i'd love to be there honestly - no braincells, no brain activity... just vibes and conspiracies. sounds like a great new thread title to me

• Haha
  • Heart

firecracker

Their “age gap” is two years?! 😂 I have ketchup in my fridge that’s older than that, how is that even worth mentioning at all?

• Haha

notjust_vanilla

Not to mention that before formula was invented, mothers who couldn't breast feed had to feed their babies bread soaked in dirty water and hope they didn't just die in their arms.

Formula saves so many babies a year and she has the audacity to compare it to processed food? Like please do shut the fuck up.

• Wow
  • Heart

artemist

Chatty Member
She loathes the fact that she's known as the fascist in the attic and she will make up little imaginary scenarios (like her bisexuality reels) (pregnant trying on wedding dresses) to try and one up the trolls for making fun of her.
the fascist in the attic :LOL:
way way waaay too early for thread titles but

Melanie Murphy #10: the erratic, MELodramatic, fascist in the attic

• Haha
Reactions: 29