Melanie Murphy #7 Phantom of the attic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We’ve been treated to another reel with what is presumably an extract from her next book. ‘Grey velvet blankets...I could eat it all’. If you say so Mel
"Skin the colour of printer paper", oh the clean prose is just superb 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Omg can she STOP with the reels they're so cringy it's insane! For a so called influencer she's so late too!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
For someone who claims to hate tiktok she sure is shagging the arse out of reels isn’t she

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Reels are the main thing that will increase engagement on IG currently... the algorithm pushes them before any other content
She obviously sees that she is losing engagement

Maybe stop being a covidiot Mel ✌🏼 Or at least keep your stupid uneducated opinions about covid to yourself 😁

• Heart
We’ve been treated to another reel with what is presumably an extract from her next book. ‘Grey velvet blankets...I could eat it all’. If you say so Mel
What the duck did I just read? That can't be her novel .. surely? Or is her writing really that juvenile .. oh god. That reads like something a teenager would write. There really is no justice in the world if someone as sorely lacking in talent as that can secure multiple book deals.

• Heart
I wonder when she'll give it up and get a so-called real job, for someone on YouTube for so long, she really doesn't have a lot of followers or engagement

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I wonder when she'll give it up and get a so-called real job, for someone on YouTube for so long, she really doesn't have a lot of followers or engagement
Oh she never will sure she has the pilot hubby now she is set for life 🤣🤣🤣
Also this may be controversial and people might argue with me but I can’t stand when “influencers” argue about how the have a real job...yea you get over paid for it but it’s not a real job hun, you don’t have to get up every morning and clock into a job, you don’t have a direct line manager to deal with or actual life and death situations, you don’t have consequences for deciding you don’t feel like being productive today, unlike millions of others who actually work so they can live and support themselves or families
Like get over your bleeping self

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Also this may be controversial and people might argue with me but I can’t stand when “influencers” argue about how the have a real job...yea you get over paid for it but it’s not a real job hun, you don’t have to get up every morning and clock into a job, you don’t have a direct line manager to deal with or actual life and death situations, you don’t have consequences for deciding you don’t feel like being productive today, unlike millions of others who actually work so they can live and support themselves or families
Completely agree, and I hate when they go on about how time consuming editing videos is. It's less time consuming than a 9-5 in an office🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
Influencing is absolutely not a real job 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Completely agree, and I hate when they go on about how time consuming editing videos is. It's less time consuming than a 9-5 in an office🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
Influencing is absolutely not a real job 😂
100%. I completely get that it is time consuming to film and edit a video (it must take a fair few hours out your day) but they make it seem like it's a hectic job. It's not. Sponsored content comes with a brief so it's not exactly difficult to get wrong/film.

If they fancy a day/week or even month off when they fancy it then can - they won't exactly suffer financial consequences for it because they're already loaded and overpaid anyway. Also influencers always say "I'm so lucky I can just take a day off when I fancy" exactly, not Bank breaking is it. If they can waste money on crap then they can afford to not do much work. Also, how the hell Melanie says she isn't loaded is beyond me. Where the hell is her money going cause she pays little rent at her dad's house, she lives a free cushy life with the in-laws and doesn't exactly have many expensive financial obligations like a mortgage etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Well said, couldn't agree more. The difference between "influencers" that have never worked a real job versus ones that have are night and day. The people that have always talk about how good of a life it is and are appreciative of the flexibility and freedom. Then you have an entitled brat like Melanie who thinks the world owes them something because they spent a few hours lying in bed on Photoshop trying to meet their own arbitrary deadline.

It's hilarious seeing some complain of having "so much to do" and then being like "whoops, accidentally watched Friends all day". Just cannot relate, at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Also, how the hell Melanie says she isn't loaded is beyond me. Where the hell is her money going cause she pays little rent at her dad's house, she lives a free cushy life with the in-laws and doesn't exactly have many expensive financial obligations like a mortgage etc.
I was actually thinking about this and I genuinely don’t think she’s as loaded as she pretends to be/we think she might be. She’ll get an advance on her book to write it but realistically she’ll see little profit from it because it’ll all go back to the publishing company to cover the costs. I remember reading somewhere that’s kind of how it works.

She gets very little sponsored content either because her audience in the grand scheme of YouTube/Instagram is very small. I’m not saying she’s poverty stricken but it wouldn’t surprise me if she was earning significantly less than her peers like Hannah. I think her main income stream is fabletics.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I was actually thinking about this and I genuinely don’t think she’s as loaded as she pretends to be/we think she might be. She’ll get an advance on her book to write it but realistically she’ll see little profit from it because it’ll all go back to the publishing company to cover the costs. I remember reading somewhere that’s kind of how it works.

She gets very little sponsored content either because her audience in the grand scheme of YouTube/Instagram is very small. I’m not saying she’s poverty stricken but it wouldn’t surprise me if she was earning significantly less than her peers like Hannah. I think her main income stream is fabletics.
I'm very curious to see if she's offered more book deals. As far as I know, she was contracted for the three books at the start when she was probably a "rising star" in the YouTube game. But considering how she never really made it and how low her engagement is now, I can't imagine them choosing her again.

I would also imagine that's what happened with the podcast. She said it was cancelled after the studio got a new Managing Director. I would say the MD took one look at the proposal, knew they weren't a strong draw and cut cut cut. If they thought it bring in income they would have gone ahead with it, simple as that.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh stop all these entitled “influencers” wreck my head, like I’ve more respect for the ones who know they have an easier life because of what they chose to do, or the others who actually have a job as a journalist or producer or photographer but have a YouTube or insta account too where they can make revenue, yes writing a book is a job but we all know the drivel she will come out with won’t require much brain power or creativity
And don’t get me started on the family channels that basically sell out the entire families privacy to make money, they are one of the lowest of the lows on YouTube as bad as people “pranking” each other for views
I mean anyone who vlogs their everyday is not doing a very tough job, yea it takes time to edit the video but that’s all, you’re filming yourself eating your lunch it doesn’t require much effort
I will say though it must be bleeping exhausting being with someone like this, like all I want to do is come home close my door and switch off with my partner and spend time together, if I had a partner shoving a video in my face or asking me personal questions for a video I would be livid like that’s an actual nightmare to me

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm very curious to see if she's offered more book deals. As far as I know, she was contracted for the three books at the start when she was probably a "rising star" in the YouTube game. But considering how she never really made it and how low her engagement is now, I can't imagine them choosing her again.

I would also imagine that's what happened with the podcast. She said it was cancelled after the studio got a new Managing Director. I would say the MD took one look at the proposal, knew they weren't a strong draw and cut cut cut. If they thought it bring in income they would have gone ahead with it, simple as that.
Just to give you some scale of how low her numbers are: Melanie was 123k followers on Instagram. Niall Horans SIL who is trying to be an influencer/flogs candles has 127k followers.

no I agree unless she’s suddenly the next Sally Rooney I can’t see her writing “career” going much further.

Reactions: 12
It's a shame because I actually liked her channel a lot when she was first around (I know other people don't feel the same 😂 😂 ) and I feel like it's since she has been with Thomas that her channel has gone really downhill. I'm not blaming him for that, it's just that she seems to have moved away from the content a lot of people watched her for (vlogs, food diary friday, favourites etc). Not to mention her social media presence has become really grating. I found her likeable many years ago but now everything she does winds me up because she is so unwilling to accept anyone else's point of view yet constantly harps on about how we can all have different opinions

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Amazing since we all called her out for doing nothing for charities and services in 2020 she's ONLY now getting around to doing something.

We see you, Melanie. 😂

While you are taking our advice and obviously reading here- your newest novel is clearly a rip off of zoellas and as you admitted yourself, the secret garden. Couldn't muster an ounce of creativity to write an original story?

She's just trying to win back the followers she lost- between the reels, back pedalling on the virus(contradicting herself constantly) using the disadvantaged an argument to further her bias anti lockdown agenda - all the while she done ZERO to support those most affected????

People are not stupid. You are so painfully obvious.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Amazing since we all called her out for doing nothing for charities and services in 2020 she's ONLY now getting around to doing something.

We see you, Melanie. 😂

While you are taking our advice and obviously reading here- your newest novel is clearly a rip off of zoellas and as you admitted yourself, the secret garden. Couldn't muster an ounce of creativity to write an original story?

She's just trying to win back the followers she lost- between the reels, back pedalling on the virus(contradicting herself constantly) using the disadvantaged an argument to further her bias anti lockdown agenda - all the while she done ZERO to support those most affected????

People are not stupid. You are so painfully obvious.
I wonder how much she has donated

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.