Melanie Murphy #7 Phantom of the attic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else find the way she talks about sex after baby extremely creepy? If she isn't comfortable to go back to it, why is she trying to force herself? The reels send such a weird message. Just like when everyone pointed out how she was patting Thomas on the back for not forcing himself on her. I'm not a mother yet so I may be wrong, I'd appreciate the perspective of someone who has had a baby. Is her latest reel relatable or is it as weird as seems to me?
I'm a parent, currently 3mths postpartum with #2.

That reel makes me extremely uncomfortable.

I don't even know how to explain it .. she just seems so .. angry? Or something. God she's weird.

Also, PUT SOME bleeping CLOTHES ON.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
If I lived with my partners family there is no way I would parade around in my bra. It just seems weird? Also it is really cold at the moment. What is she going to wear in the summer?! 😳

She doesn’t actually ever wear normal clothes! Surely her contract with fablectics doesn’t dictate that she must wear a uniform of leggings and sports bras at all times.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Under the Insta post about her starting to feed her baby baby rice
March next year , she said they're hoping to have their mortgage approved this year so that fits with her earlier vid about having their own place before baby #2

March next year , she said they're hoping to have their mortgage approved this year so that fits with her earlier vid about having their own place before baby #2
mortage approved this year with no stable income, a car on finance, a dependent and one partner with massive debts and undertaking a new degree.

yeah bleeping right.

Reactions: 10
Anyone else find the way she talks about sex after baby extremely creepy? If she isn't comfortable to go back to it, why is she trying to force herself? The reels send such a weird message. Just like when everyone pointed out how she was patting Thomas on the back for not forcing himself on her. I'm not a mother yet so I may be wrong, I'd appreciate the perspective of someone who has had a baby. Is her latest reel relatable or is it as weird as seems to me?
I am not a mother but it creeped me out too.
Maybe random, but it somehow reminded me of when she did talk about sex loads back in the day and she said that she would masturbate at least once a day, or something along the lines. Clearly she does have a high libido but also she did have traumatic birth and a tear, and she just is not ready to have sex again yet. As simple as that. But there's no need to tell the internet. It's not like the followers/haters are wondering if her and Thomas are having sex. I don't care if they're, it's really not something that occupies my mind at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She goes on about breastfeeding but then gives her baby baby rice at 4 months...hmm, ok.

For someone who does so much research and really seems to want to do the "right" and "natural" thing the choice to wean early is strange. Your baby being interested in food and you eating is not a sign they are ready, and he clearly cannot sit properly unsupported yet. Also I saw in a comment someone posted here someone mentioned the kellymom website to her and she had no idea what it was. Again, surely if you are such an expert in breastfeeding and researching you would be familiar with the kellymom website!? Along with la leche it's like the gold standard for bf info.

Lastly, you can absolutely get pregnant when breastfeeding. If you are exclusively breastfeeding and your baby is under 6 months probably not but with a 17 month old baby assuming your periods have returned absolutely yes. Again, where does she get her info from?!?

Reactions: 8
If they’ve as much debt as she says they do I don’t see them qualifying for a mortgage not within the next year anyway. Not only that he’s basically no job and she’s a influencer/YouTuber wouldn’t exactly say it’s a stable income

She goes on about breastfeeding but then gives her baby baby rice at 4 months...hmm, ok.

For someone who does so much research and really seems to want to do the "right" and "natural" thing the choice to wean early is strange. Your baby being interested in food and you eating is not a sign they are ready, and he clearly cannot sit properly unsupported yet. Also I saw in a comment someone posted here someone mentioned the kellymom website to her and she had no idea what it was. Again, surely if you are such an expert in breastfeeding and researching you would be familiar with the kellymom website!? Along with la leche it's like the gold standard for bf info.

Lastly, you can absolutely get pregnant when breastfeeding. If you are exclusively breastfeeding and your baby is under 6 months probably not but with a 17 month old baby assuming your periods have returned absolutely yes. Again, where does she get her info from?!?
Pretty sure she said just breast milk alone isn’t satisfying his hunger anymore apparently. If it’s not satisfying his hunger maybe her supply is dropping or maybe she just needs to switch to formula cause does formula not keep them fuller for longer?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
NASTY REPLIES TO GENUINE QUESTIONS. 🤢
She's right about one thing - I'd say Thomas is very likely about to lose his job. I feel for him in the sense that he took the plunge to follow his career dream right before covid hit.

Melanie must be scathing - she was looking forward to being a smug pilots wife.

• Heart
I doubt the baby would take to a bottle for formula at 4 months old if he’s been used to being breastfed.

I’m always lurking on this thread. I’ve watched Melanie on and off for years but I had to completely avoid her videos when I was pregnant at the same time as her. I had the worst first trimester, and I remember clicking on a video of hers and she was banging on obsessively about her health and body pre-pregnancy, and the nutrient-rich varied diet she was eating in her first trimester as well as a handful of different multivitamins. Meanwhile I had sky-high anxiety, fainting, all day sickness and didn’t eat anything other than plain toast and pasta for weeks. Made me feel like my baby would be completely malnourished and wouldn’t grow!! Ended up giving birth to a 9lbs 4 baby boy (never want to go through labour ever again!!!)

love this thread by the way

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I doubt the baby would take to a bottle for formula at 4 months old if he’s been used to being breastfed.

I’m always lurking on this thread. I’ve watched Melanie on and off for years but I had to completely avoid her videos when I was pregnant at the same time as her. I had the worst first trimester, and I remember clicking on a video of hers and she was banging on obsessively about her health and body pre-pregnancy, and the nutrient-rich varied diet she was eating in her first trimester as well as a handful of different multivitamins. Meanwhile I had sky-high anxiety, fainting, all day sickness and didn’t eat anything other than plain toast and pasta for weeks. Made me feel like my baby would be completely malnourished and wouldn’t grow!! Ended up giving birth to a 9lbs 4 baby boy (never want to go through labour ever again!!!)

love this thread by the way
According to her she says breastfeeding is not satisfying his hunger which I dunno how cause from what she’s said she’s feeding him constantly and correct me if I’m wrong but I didn’t think you could give or introduce foods until over 6 months I think he’s only 4 months. My cousins wee one is 6 months and she’s had to start combi feeding cause she’s going back to work in a few weeks

Reactions: 3
According to her she says breastfeeding is not satisfying his hunger which I dunno how cause from what she’s said she’s feeding him constantly and correct me if I’m wrong but I didn’t think you could give or introduce foods until over 6 months I think he’s only 4 months. My cousins wee one is 6 months and she’s had to start combi feeding cause she’s going back to work in a few weeks
I hate when people use the "milk is not satisfying his hunger" arguement! Breast milk and formula are far more calorific than any amount of pureed veg he's gonna eat at this age.
That said there have been a couple of ridiculous comments on this thread implying she is breastfeeding him too much (not possible) and that she should try giving him water instead which is honestly shocking. Imagine your child told you they were hungry and you told then to have a glass of water (plus babies under 6 months should have nothing other than breast milk or formula)

Reactions: 7
It used to be four months, some baby’s used to start even earlier than that if they didn’t tolerate the milk well or had reflux they used to tell you to wean them early.

I hate when people use the "milk is not satisfying his hunger" arguement! Breast milk and formula are far more calorific than any amount of pureed veg he's gonna eat at this age.
That said there have been a couple of ridiculous comments on this thread implying she is breastfeeding him too much (not possible) and that she should try giving him water instead which is honestly shocking. Imagine your child told you they were hungry and you told then to have a glass of water (plus babies under 6 months should have nothing other than breast milk or formula)
Actually the health visitors recommend giving water between formula fed babies feeds to keep them to a four hourly interval, feeding a four month old every half hour is not recommended.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.