Melanie Murphy #5 - 1.1 Diploma in Google search, distinction in dangerous medical advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did
I have so much empathy for Jessies mental health struggles

But I don't agree with what she's doing in her videos atm on her breakup - sharing quite personal sexual info about how her ex couldn't finish her off etc. That's not immaturity it's plain mean. He's not an influencer.... Could you imagine the uproar if he uploaded a video alluding to the same? It'd be pitchforks.

Also she pulled a Melanie with the whole a star is born - belting a song and crying. I understand heartbreak is devastating. There a way to empower other women through a break up... it doesn't have to be about tearing apart an ex when you have such a large following.

Yes we have all been there... the urge to give a duck you to the ex online... but this is vastly different.... most of the time we can compose ourselves and realise slagging the ex off achieves nothing and us normal folk don't have a large following who will send nasty messages to our exes.

IMO Jess is another Melanie.
did she actually drag her ex boyfriend? Where? I must have missed it.
Based on what you are saying, my view on Jess being immature has doubled. I’m not sure about mean though....I think she clearly doesn’t think things through long enough. Ie: how her followers could take what she says at face value and maybe harass her ex.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Did

did she actually drag her ex boyfriend? Where? I must have missed it.
Based on what you are saying my view on Jess being immature has doubled. I’m not sure about mean though....I think she clearly doesn’t think things through long enough. Ie: how her followers could take what she says at face value and maybe harass her ex.
In the sex secrets video and in some comments underneath. Also in that breakup playlist video putting emphasis on certain lyrics.

I mean if you are old enough to discuss sexual health you are old enough to understand that slagging off an ex online (when he was featured on her Instagram) is nasty behaviour.

It's not like YouTubers aren't aware of this, many other online couples have broken up and have had to ask fans not to send hate to their ex- it's not like Jess is blind to this.... It's so prevalent in the Industry that she should know better. She would be aware that slagging her ex who doesn't have a platform to defend himself could result in horrible msgs left on his SM.

I dunno... immature at 16 yes but that behaviour of stating your ex couldn't finish you is plain mean.... She's in her twenties.
Slag your ex away to your friends- don't put it online to thousands to humiliate the guy.

What about his mental health? Imo if I was at home knowing my ex was saying such horrible things on a public platform I'd be in bits.

Those two girls are all BE KIND BE A GOOD PERSON. It's a no from moi.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
In the sex secrets video and in some comments underneath. Also in that breakup playlist video putting emphasis on certain lyrics.

I mean if you are old enough to discuss sexual health you are old enough to understand that slagging off an ex online (when he was featured on her Instagram) is nasty behaviour.

It's not like YouTubers aren't aware of this, many other online couples have broken up and have had to ask fans not to send hate to their ex- it's not like Jess is blind to this.... It's so prevalent in the Industry that she should know better. She would be aware that slagging her ex who doesn't have a platform to defend himself could result in horrible msgs left on his SM.

I dunno... immature at 16 yes but that behaviour of stating your ex couldn't finish you is plain mean.... She's in her twenties.
Slag your ex away to your friends- don't put it online to thousands to humiliate the guy.

What about his mental health? Imo if I was at home knowing my ex was saying such horrible things on a public platform I'd be in bits.

Yes there's no need to get that personal ..what if his comeback was she's " frigid " how would she feel about that 🤷‍♀️ there's no need to tear people down so publicly she is immature but has traits of Mel running through her no need to cash in on all aspects of your life ffs.

Reactions: 6

I absolutely don’t condone what she is doing. I agree with you. It’s not fair to the ex, and as you said, ‘what about his mental health’. I went to check the video again. I didn’t see the music/singing one.
Tbf though I have seen plenty of very immature twenty year olds. They all ‘say/do things now and think later.
In theory people in their 20s should ‘know better’. But honestly how many people can we all name in our own lives and online who are actually mature and reasonale adults? Lol not so many who are in their 20s.
And yes, what she said does come across as nasty. Breakups be nastyyy.

I absolutely don’t condone what she is doing. I agree with you. It’s not fair to the ex, and as you said, ‘what about his mental health’. I went to check the video again. I didn’t see the music/singing one.
Tbf though I have seen plenty of very immature twenty year olds. They all ‘say/do things now and think later.
In theory people in their 20s should ‘know better’. But honestly how many people can we all name in our own lives and online who are actually mature and reasonale adults? Lol not so many who are in their 20s.
I don't expect her to be SO mature in her twenties and I agree that there's the aspect of think/do later.

BUT.

Don't put it out there about be kind, Mental health, Bullies are Bad etc and then use your platform to shame another human being who has to see stuff shared about him, without his consent permanently on the internet. That's not being the mental health advocate you claim to be.

Also it's teaching your followers crappy behaviours, instead of shaming your ex. Teach women/girls to rise above, confide in friends, take on new hobbies, self care and self love and healthy coping mechanisms when they want to react in anger/reach out/ want to slag an ex.

Slagging off an ex and being a " bad witch" isn't the hot take she thinks it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I don't expect her to be SO mature in her twenties and I agree that there's the aspect of think/do later.

BUT.

Don't put it out there about be kind, Mental health, Bullies are Bad etc and then use your platform to shame another human being who has to see stuff shared about him, without his consent permanently on the internet. That's not being the mental health advocate you claim to be.

Also it's teaching your followers crappy behaviours, instead of shaming your ex. Teach women/girls to rise above, confide in friends, take on new hobbies, self care and self love and healthy coping mechanisms when they want to react in anger/reach out/ want to slag an ex.

Slagging off an ex and being a " bad witch" isn't the hot take she thinks it is.
Plain tacky and histrionic.

Reactions: 4

BUT.

I really agree with this it’s just showing herself up and the ex boyfriend will be glad it’s over if that’s how she’s going to act and drag his name through the mud very publicly. She’s happy to be so public but most people don’t want their dirty laundry on the internet for the world to see. She’s done this before with other exes and it’s just not right

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I have so much empathy for Jessies mental health struggles

But I don't agree with what she's doing in her videos atm on her breakup - sharing quite personal sexual info about how her ex couldn't finish her off etc. That's not immaturity it's plain mean. He's not an influencer.... Could you imagine the uproar if he uploaded a video alluding to the same? It'd be pitchforks.

Also she pulled a Melanie with the whole a star is born - belting a song and crying. I understand heartbreak is devastating. There a way to empower other women through a break up... it doesn't have to be about tearing apart an ex when you have such a large following.

Yes we have all been there... the urge to give a duck you to the ex online... but this is vastly different.... most of the time we can compose ourselves and realise slagging the ex off achieves nothing and us normal folk don't have a large following who will send nasty messages to our exes.

Especially since she had been going on about her favourite sex position with him and all, there's no need to be saying stuff like that online

Reactions: 9
she always has been, and as I’ve said before to a rather hostile reaction 😆 I believe her stories like I believe Melanie’s.
ie. I don’t.

shes so young, and she moved in with the boyfriend so quickly (so she could move to Dublin)
id have been shocked if it lasted to be honest.

• Heart
  • Haha
Especially since she had been going on about her favourite sex position with him and all, there's no need to be saying stuff like that online
For me where my issue lies is they ( Melanie and Jess) tout themselves as agony aunt types - advice givers on serious topics like mental health and sexual health.

This is problematic because the advice they give is often inaccurate and at times so far off the mark it's worrying. They are quite literally willing to take on the title of role model to young girls and women while speading misinformation and not researching what they are feeding their young audience as gospel.

This will only bleed down subliminally into their impressionable viewers- who will choose to copy and handle life situations in a similar manner.
You have Melanie there, who cannot be wrong and will go to extremes to look "right" I could go on about why Melanie isn't fit to give out life advice but it's been covered here 😂 Mounting illnesses and life obstacles- how many of Melanies young followers may have self diagnosed on the back of Melanies videos ??

It's really not all that hard to not slag an ex online, this goes into indirect bullying territory. Where is Jessies mother or sister to tell her this isn't the way to be handling things.

Melanie and Jess have created a victim mentality for themselves which involves little room for owning up to there own involvement/ faults and or growing as people- instead placing blame on others- ALWAYS.

It's frightening that young people especially girls watch them and are moulding by their problematic advice and behaviour

Last edited:
  • Heart
For me where my issue lies is they ( Melanie and Jess) tout themselves as agony aunt types - advice givers on serious topics like mental health and sexual health.

This is problematic because the advice they give is often inaccurate and at times so far off the mark it's worrying. They are quite literally willing to take on the title of role model to young girls and women while speading misinformation and not researching what they are feeding their young audience as gospel.

This will only bleed down subliminally into their impressionable viewers- who will choose to copy and handle life situations in a similar manner.
You have Melanie there, who cannot be wrong and will go to extremes to look "right" I could go on about why Melanie isn't fit to give out life advice but it's been covered here 😂 Mounting illnesses and life obstacles- how many of Melanies young followers may have self diagnosed on the back of Melanies videos ??

It's really not all that hard to not slag an ex online, this goes into indirect bullying territory. Where is Jessies mother or sister to tell her this isn't the way to be handling things.

Melanie and Jess have created a victim mentality for themselves which involves little room for owning up to there own involvement/ faults and or growing as people- instead placing blame on others- ALWAYS.

It's frightening that young people especially girls watch them and are moulding by their problematic advice and behaviour
Of course it’s hurtful when someone breaks up with you but the best thing to do is leave with dignity and fair enough slag him off to your friends and family not online for all of his friends and family and everyone to see

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She's very quiet again she must've got a lot of questions to answer😐

• Haha
Of course it’s hurtful when someone breaks up with you but the best thing to do is leave with dignity and fair enough slag him off to your friends and family not online for all of his friends and family and everyone to see
Definitely! The best revenge is a life well lived (and all that).
n.b., I may have plagiarised that because my prose isn’t clean and I’m not a best selling oorfa!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Definitely! The best revenge is a life well lived (and all that).
n.b., I may have plagiarised that because my prose isn’t clean and I’m not a best selling oorfa!
Yes I agree, he is probably upset over the breakup too not just her, so there is no need to make things worse by making it so public

Reactions: 3
she always has been, and as I’ve said before to a rather hostile reaction 😆 I believe her stories like I believe Melanie’s.
ie. I don’t.

shes so young, and she moved in with the boyfriend so quickly (so she could move to Dublin)
id have been shocked if it lasted to be honest.
She seems to look up to Melanie a lot and she acts just like her with the fake ailments

Reactions: 4
I'm wondering if they've had a fallen out they haven't liked each others posts in a month and Jack the trusty follower is very active on Jess's posts but has stopped commenting on Mel's 🤔

Could this be a reason why Melanie isn’t liking any of Jess’s content lately? Because she doesn’t want to give off the vibe that she is encouraging her sister’s behavior? Since Melanie likes to be such a big sister and condescending in her 20 vs teen/30 vs 20s series to Jess? Jess also posted something about people promising to check up on you and then they don’t fulfill that promise.. while Melanie posted around that same time period that having a baby takes up the priority and people should respect that or something like that...
I might be creating a narrative here, but I wouldn’t put anything past those sisters 😂

Reactions: 11
Could this be a reason why Melanie isn’t liking any of Jess’s content lately? Because she doesn’t want to give off the vibe that she is encouraging her sister’s behavior? Since Melanie likes to be such a big sister and condescending in her 20 vs teen/30 vs 20s series to Jess? Jess also posted something about people promising to check up on you and then they don’t fulfill that promise.. while Melanie posted around that same time period that having a baby takes up the priority and people should respect that or something like that...
I might be creating a narrative here, but I wouldn’t put anything past those sisters 😂
Yes it could be .I think we questioned that on here at the time(Jess's comment) her behaviour doesn't fit in with Mel's #oirishwifelife/mammy now does it.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.