Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
@HoneyBee29 ''After the age of 35 your classed as high risk as your at a higher risk of having certain complications which is why personally I wouldn't have anymore after 35. I know a few women that have had babies in their mid 30s though''

A little insensitive but let me clear something up for you. You don't suddenly become high risk once you turn 35, that number is as old as the research on the decline of fertility, based from the 17-1800's. Yeah. It starts to decline slightly after 35, but by 40 it goes significantly down, and that is where the risks become high. Pregnancy comes with risks anyway, from any age, medical conditions, the baby, conditions that may arise. This whole 35 thing is really outdated, and women with PCOS have better chances as they age because of their hormones changing.

Sorry, but what you said is why so many young and women in their early 30's panic, like Melanie did, and yet, even though Melanie was a young 30 year old, she still had complications with bleeding and a large child, as she didn't expect, so no, 35 doesn't mean you will immediately go from safe pregnancy to high risk, theirs a risk with all pregnancies, and that is why we have state of the art hospitals and doctors and nurses of the modern era to help us because before that, many women of all ages died, or lost their children just due to the nature itself of childbirth.

It's very frustrating, because women feel pressure because of things like this said, that if they didn't meet someone then tough luck sweetheart, you'll just have to do without that child you want. Or if she has issues, or he has issues, that you better not try after 35, because it's too risky, when in reality it's not some cliff edge that you fall off of.

Just please think before making statements like that, it's the same insensivity as Melanie uses when she talks about how easy it was for her to get pregnant after blatantly lying that she had PCOS. It really affects other women of all ages that its all hopeless for them, when it really isn't.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
How are yeeee me Internet famileeeeee.

Sure tis’int it a grand ole day here in oir-land, sure I missed the rolling green hills of home when I lived in LA....
that one week 😐

youse all probably know I’m back to work this week, after 5 weeks maternity leave, this means I get up at 10.30 instead of 11.45, and it’s been a shock to the system,

I’ve taken to putting stool softeners into mammy O’s porridge, it gives me a good 40 min to set up the tv with a film, put the baby on the sofa and take a photo for the Instagram, however the dogs have taken to hiding since I waved my tits at them that one time, clearly they were only out for my patronising and condescending as fuck Instagram story 😕 but the dogs got scared.
Clearly weren’t breastfeed which had made them uncomfortable with my narrative 😏

things haven’t been great with Thomas,
not since he insisted on trying to tell the truth about my natural both story....
and the medical professional that....
safely delivered my baby....and in doing so....ruined it all 😏 IT SOUNDS MORE DRAMATIC AND HORRIFIC IN MY HEAD

That doctor clearly didn’t read my notes, which stated I HAVE A DEGREE IN EDUCATION THEREFORE CAN DELIVER MY OWN BABY USING JUST ONE PAIR OF FABLETICS LEGGINGS AS A SLING!!! (With one to spare 2 for 1 😉 #ad)

We’ve been talking about baby number 2 a lot lately, but we’re gonna hold off until 2022, mammy O said if we do we can maybe put a cot in the utility room 😊 and I’ll be aloud use the first floor bathroom once nobody else needs it, and once they don’t know 🤫 might even get a second cupboard in the kitchen 🤯

I've unfortunately had to fire a member on my social media team this week, Emma Duffy, it just wasn’t working out
**do you want to rename your Instagram account**
But I’m sure I’ll be rehiring soon enough 🙂 **yes**

Im gonna leave youse with this new thread, as I said earlier I’m back to work...
So in the next hour I’ll need to take a photo of Milo with a cushion over his head #creative and lecture the sad fuckers who read my posts and take me seriously 🙂

love yeee meinternetfamily.
🤪 And thanks to @oicheliath for the new thread title 🤭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

Elle

VIP Member
It's a play on words! Son, as in male offspring, and sun, as in the big ball of fire in the sky, get it? A play on words. It's quite complex and very artsy so you might not get it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Our bellies and legs melt into one,
mounds of hopeful bounty in a sea of sheets rest between us,
lust fills our eyes, the cold feeling of cutlery on skin,
Made with real potatoes.
Gluten free. freeing, exposed, raw.
No artificial colours, pure genuine lust,
salivating at the flavours and lack of preservatives.
we became a family in the attic,
alone, in a sea of waffle crumbs, Hope and freedom.
i rest a boob on a bean that escaped the fork, 3 perfect mounds, my life is complete.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Hope youse don’t mind me sharing more of my work,
it’s just when an author feel *ALL THE FEELS* I need to commit it to paper
(usually before the copy/pass option expires, unless it’s my own unique work of art)

Lost;
Content in the gutter, like me in my alcholic days;
no sun;
no son;
desperately in need of content I searched for the sister I've ignored all my life;
Fellow BI/LQBTQ/POSC/QWERTY/ALCO sufferer we blend together like a..... bean and waffle combo meal.
merging for the subs

then my world tilts into colour,
I find a pilot, the man I never wanted, had fuck all interest in, but never knew I needed, until he graduated that is....

Looking down from above, you’know, above,
because I live in the attic,
Boobs out as per usual,

Milo screaming,
with happiness, because my baby doesn’t cry, he’s just filled his nappy with love for his mommy, his liquid boob queen,
I now see my future,
between flogging leggings;
my purpose in life;
is to be a patronising fuck to other mothers via the internet,
And to take photos of my sun;
my sons ass/head/foot....
And my boobs,
always;
my boobs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

jazyblu

Chatty Member
I thought this was a bit extreme it’s a 9 week old baby fgsView attachment 335889
Fuck sake why doesn’t she just sit in the car with him then? There is absolutely no need for them both to go to the supermarket and drag a baby around. If she doesn’t want her baby to see her in a mask then stay out of the places where they are mandatory. Your wants are not more important than the health of people around you.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

firecracker

One thing that’s so funny to me is you can SEE her ego in her own poem, her poem is all about how she provides “liquid gold” for her “helpless” son, it’s like... most mothers see motherhood with stars in their eyes towards their child, but she’s still managing to idolize herself 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

meitheamh65

just watched her postpartum video and it's an absolute headwrecker. mad how all through her pregnancy she made constant digs at healthcare professionals, implied that they were incompetent or uneducated about current research any time they told her something she didn't like, hyped herself up as some kind of expert about pregnancy and birth who had done extensive research ... and then tells us she never looked into post partum haemorrhage. like can she not see now that obstetricians who have studied and trained for years would have a different perspective on labour and interventions than her, who obviously steered clear of any information about the most common and well-known risks of childbirth? it's so cheeky of her to bemoan that "nobody tells you about this" when that information is freely available and without a doubt if a midwife or obstetrician had mentioned anything of the sort to her she would have gone straight to her ig story to give out about scaremongering and medicalisation of pregnancy.

most of it is down to her personality but I think it also goes to show that there is a downside to the hypnobirthing movement - there seems to be this law of attraction element to it of believing that you will get your perfect birth as long as you believe that your body can do it. i know the idea that you can be completely in control during labour must be really appealing to anyone who's very nervous, but at the end of the day it's just a comforting lie. when things don't go as planned women end up feeling like absolute failures and often, like melanie, they're completely unprepared for the tough postpartum stuff because they refused to read anything negative about pregnancy and birth. not dissing it, i know the breathing exercises and meditation can be so helpful, i just wish it was more balanced.

i'm not saying obstetricians and midwives are perfect either, i could talk for hours about improvements that need to be made in obs & gynae. i just think melanie (and others who wholeheartedly buy into the natural birth movement without any regard for nuance) is a perfect example of the dunning-kruger effect - she reads a couple of studies recommended by biased sources and is experiencing her first pregnancy, so obviously she knows better than any medical professional :rolleyes: if melanie, who has never heard of post partum haemorrhage, doesn't believe an intervention is necessary then obviously any doctor who recommends one is a big pharma shill who hates women. never mind the fact that it is an obstetrician's job to be aware of everything that can go wrong in pregnancy and labour, the thing you think will never happen to you is something they see every shift.

Last edited:
  • Heart

jazyblu

Chatty Member
Honestly it really annoys me that she’s basically made out on social media from she’s had him that motherhood has been perfect, basically boasting about how easy breastfeeding has been and how he sleeps wonderfully and showing how quick her body has ‘bounced’ back etc so tbh she hasn’t been ‘real’ on social media from she had him that’s probably one of the first times since October now she’s getting a dose of reality
She lives with 4 adults.
I honestly don't know how can can even put on social media that she doesn't have time to dry her hair and her husband is there the whole day??

So one minute she has time to go out for a walk with the baby but its too cold so she doesn't want to go, yet she doesn't have time to dry her hair because she has "organising" to do? You live entirely in one room, it can't take that long to tidy it!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21

Dearreader

VIP Member
Excuse my rant.

Omg what a chronic little whiny liar, she is.

It's always been Melanies go to for everything to cover her own arse or get attention * been getting loads of DMs goise*

The girl literally has created fake personas online talking back and forward to herself....starting drama with HERSELF. I wouldn't put it past her to be mega exaggerating this. She literally fans the flames to get attention/sympathy.

She knew keeping him offline would result in tween fans begging for baby info. I don't believe for a second it's fully grown adults who are behind it. SHE'S THE ONE BRINGING IT UP, CONSTANTLY. Ignore the messages and comments then? She had no issue ignoring POC and muting them....

Bringing this up about babies anonymity is creating a discourse and engagement for Melanie....Que a self righteous video next on how she's better than most YouTube mommies for protecting her Babies identity.... while she quite literally does the opposite.

Melanie just wants the best or both worlds- the views and engagement from sneak peaks of the baby.... while also trying to claim she's above exploiting her child for views online/ baby content. Most notably one of her first paid ads after the birth(Dove) she featured him.

I'm saying it now....If anyone leaks anything about baby it will be Melanie herself.

EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD IS BEHIND KEEPING CHILDREN ANONYMOUS. We don't speculate about the child's name here. We don't want to see ANY child( not just yours, mel) used as a prop for Insta pics and mommy vlogs.

So, Melanie if your snappy comments were directed here, get stuffed. We are adults here using a forum... don't read it if you don't like it.
Like @monga and others have stated it's against the rules to message or comment to influencers so why bother messaging or commenting when we can share our feelings and opinions here where you can't delete it 😂😙

Happy Monday to everyone, except Melanie Murphy 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21

neens113

Chatty Member
Is this really the sort of comment she wants to encourage? I'm sure babies will develop fine with people wearing masks occasionally...
The baby sees his parents without masks in the attic all day, surely wearing a mask for half an hour is not going to stunt his development.. :censored:

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Lollypopper

The way she talks about her son is so strange and detached. The whole "mental leap" thing is bonkers. The way she said she can't wait for him to come home and show them his drawings and did the really weird mimic of a child's voice. When I had a newborn I couldn't even imagine them in school, let alone looking forward to it. There's so much to enjoy before then.

She has this thing of always looking ahead. It used to be marriage and babies and now it's having an older child. She will never be truly content in the moment and it's sad really.

Elle

VIP Member
The 'poem'!!! I'm so embarrassed for her!!! I would feel sorry for her but she lowkey thinks she's shit hot at poetry???? MORTIFYING.

Mel: I want to keep my son off the Internet
Mel's son's friends aged 10: So I heard when you were a baby you were desperately guzzling your mam's liquid gold? Gross.

• Haha

Mystery07

Masks don't protect you, they protect other from your germs, so not wearing one is the most selfish thing you can be doing at the moment 🤷‍♀️. If you need to interact with your baby at all times why not go out of a walk outside instead of dragging him to a shopping centre. One parent could have gone in if they needed something!

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Hedgehug

Hi all,

Lurker of Mel’s threads here for the last week or so. Has taken me daaays to get through them and have to say it makes for fascinating reading. Very astute observations! I’ve dipped in and out of her YT for a few years now. I always had her down as someone who desperately tries (and fails) to come across more intelligent/knowledgable than she is naturally/qualified/accredited to be though have to say I am a bit taken aback as to her level snakery and shadiness that’s been exposed here.

Marty Whelan was playing the Birdseye potato waffle jingle on the radio this morning and made me think of a potential new thread title...

🎶 Melanie’s Potato Waffles, she’s waffley versatile 🎶 in her diagnoses, content, conspiracies and ReSEARcH skillz

• Haha
  • Heart

Anon_Miss

"How are you doing my Internet family..
I'm Mel, you know, the only woman to have ever given birth. I'm however many weeks post partum now. .
You will only ever see the back of Pan's head, feet, side of face BUT never his whole face as I want to keep him offline yaddy yaddy ya..
I also like to upload videos or photos of me getting the old boob out to feed Pan. You know,my baby.

I also get to come downstairs sometimes when my MIL is away. But only for a little while..

I'm also trying to break boundaries and talk about sex, lube and my desert dry vagina! Please don't tell my hubby (he's a pilot BTW.. weyheyyy!!) yeah, don't tell him as I'm too embarrassed to let him know, but I'll tell the Internet about it.

I'm married to a pilot BTW (did I mention that already), Thomas is his name. He just loves my bigger boobs due to breastfeeding (I feed Pan, obv. not Thomas..)
You will often see myself in a video or photo feeding Pan as I like to break boundaries! I find it impossible to feed him and not record it, but remember I don't want to show him online.

Did I tell you I had a baby? We did the thing!

Well better go, I think I hear my inlaws leaving so I can venture downstairs. Weyhey. Exciting times!"

• Haha