Melanie Murphy #5 - 1.1 Diploma in Google search, distinction in dangerous medical advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This what confuses me. I TOTALLY get not wanting to share his face/name because there are weirdos out there that could/would approach him using his name when he’s older and obviously he’s not old enough to consent to his identity being shared online HOWEVER... just don’t show him at all?! If you want your baby’s identity completely private then don’t even share angles/back head shots. Just don’t share him. It’s very simple. 🤷🏼‍♀️
exactly this. I have no problem with her showing as much or as little of him as she wants, it’s her baby and her prerogative what she does with him. But then just never mention him? Or say “the baby” every so often if ypure mentioning him in passing.
This ISNT keeping him offline. I don’t get it.

Reactions: 6
"How are you doing my Internet family..
I'm Mel, you know, the only woman to have ever given birth. I'm however many weeks post partum now. .
You will only ever see the back of Pan's head, feet, side of face BUT never his whole face as I want to keep him offline yaddy yaddy ya..
I also like to upload videos or photos of me getting the old boob out to feed Pan. You know,my baby.

I also get to come downstairs sometimes when my MIL is away. But only for a little while..

I'm also trying to break boundaries and talk about sex, lube and my desert dry vagina! Please don't tell my hubby (he's a pilot BTW.. weyheyyy!!) yeah, don't tell him as I'm too embarrassed to let him know, but I'll tell the Internet about it.

I'm married to a pilot BTW (did I mention that already), Thomas is his name. He just loves my bigger boobs due to breastfeeding (I feed Pan, obv. not Thomas..)
You will often see myself in a video or photo feeding Pan as I like to break boundaries! I find it impossible to feed him and not record it, but remember I don't want to show him online.

Did I tell you I had a baby? We did the thing!

Well better go, I think I hear my inlaws leaving so I can venture downstairs. Weyhey. Exciting times!"

• Haha
Reactions: 19
"How are you doing my Internet family..
I'm Mel, you know, the only woman to have ever given birth. I'm however many weeks post partum now. .
You will only ever see the back of Pan's head, feet, side of face BUT never his whole face as I want to keep him offline yaddy yaddy ya..
I also like to upload videos or photos of me getting the old boob out to feed Pan. You know,my baby.

I also get to come downstairs sometimes when my MIL is away. But only for a little while..

I'm also trying to break boundaries and talk about sex, lube and my desert dry vagina! Please don't tell my hubby (he's a pilot BTW.. weyheyyy!!) yeah, don't tell him as I'm too embarrassed to let him know, but I'll tell the Internet about it.

I'm married to a pilot BTW (did I mention that already), Thomas is his name. He just loves my bigger boobs due to breastfeeding (I feed Pan, obv. not Thomas..)
You will often see myself in a video or photo feeding Pan as I like to break boundaries! I find it impossible to feed him and not record it, but remember I don't want to show him online.

Did I tell you I had a baby? We did the thing!

Well better go, I think I hear my inlaws leaving so I can venture downstairs. Weyhey. Exciting times!"
She's still in trimester 4 😂 so is just starting her postpartum journey🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 8
just watched her postpartum video and it's an absolute headwrecker. mad how all through her pregnancy she made constant digs at healthcare professionals, implied that they were incompetent or uneducated about current research any time they told her something she didn't like, hyped herself up as some kind of expert about pregnancy and birth who had done extensive research ... and then tells us she never looked into post partum haemorrhage. like can she not see now that obstetricians who have studied and trained for years would have a different perspective on labour and interventions than her, who obviously steered clear of any information about the most common and well-known risks of childbirth? it's so cheeky of her to bemoan that "nobody tells you about this" when that information is freely available and without a doubt if a midwife or obstetrician had mentioned anything of the sort to her she would have gone straight to her ig story to give out about scaremongering and medicalisation of pregnancy.

most of it is down to her personality but I think it also goes to show that there is a downside to the hypnobirthing movement - there seems to be this law of attraction element to it of believing that you will get your perfect birth as long as you believe that your body can do it. i know the idea that you can be completely in control during labour must be really appealing to anyone who's very nervous, but at the end of the day it's just a comforting lie. when things don't go as planned women end up feeling like absolute failures and often, like melanie, they're completely unprepared for the tough postpartum stuff because they refused to read anything negative about pregnancy and birth. not dissing it, i know the breathing exercises and meditation can be so helpful, i just wish it was more balanced.

i'm not saying obstetricians and midwives are perfect either, i could talk for hours about improvements that need to be made in obs & gynae. i just think melanie (and others who wholeheartedly buy into the natural birth movement without any regard for nuance) is a perfect example of the dunning-kruger effect - she reads a couple of studies recommended by biased sources and is experiencing her first pregnancy, so obviously she knows better than any medical professional :rolleyes: if melanie, who has never heard of post partum haemorrhage, doesn't believe an intervention is necessary then obviously any doctor who recommends one is a big pharma shill who hates women. never mind the fact that it is an obstetrician's job to be aware of everything that can go wrong in pregnancy and labour, the thing you think will never happen to you is something they see every shift.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Grunting baby syndrome🧐 is the child going to be following in his
A1CD929A-39E9-43E7-AD7D-B2B81B47C2B2.jpeg
mummas footsteps with every condition known /unknown to man

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Jeez she has to have a diagnosis or label for everything..
You see, I would have thought it was normal noises as a kid tries to tit, but what do I know 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I don't think she has much engagement with her MIL at all regardless of what she says, she said on her stories yesterday about the baby sleeping for 6hrs straight (he didn't she got the time wrong) but they were straight onto google as they were worried it wasn't normal could she not have asked her MIL for advice ? For all her research it doesn't look as though she's done any to benefit herself as a parent it just seems it's all for her followers but her own child doesn't figure in there at all ,it's like she's just going through the motions of feeding and caring for him but only on a physical level ,she doesn't seem emotionally connected yet to his wants and needs ,surely at this stage she'd be a bit more receptive to whats "normal" for her child .I often wonder if the baby was ill would they even notice a difference in him ,I don't think the "mamma knows best "phrase fits her yet.

I don't think she has much engagement with her MIL at all regardless of what she says, she said on her stories yesterday about the baby sleeping for 6hrs straight (he didn't she got the time wrong) but they were straight onto google as they were worried it wasn't normal could she not have asked her MIL for advice ? For all her research it doesn't look as though she's done any to benefit herself as a parent it just seems it's all for her followers but her own child doesn't figure in there at all ,it's like she's just going through the motions of feeding and caring for him but only on a physical level ,she doesn't seem emotionally connected yet to his wants and needs ,surely at this stage she'd be a bit more receptive to whats "normal" for her child .I often wonder if the baby was ill would they even notice a difference in him ,I don't think the "mamma knows best "phrase fits her yet.
but every baby is different. Mine was a fantastic sleeper until he was 5 months old now he’s a head wreck 😂 where my friends daughter didn’t sleep through the night until she was 13 months old.

it’s almost as if :O they’re their own person. But surely you’d just ask the MIL the craic with it. It’s not like they’ve no help!

Reactions: 4
but every baby is different. Mine was a fantastic sleeper until he was 5 months old now he’s a head wreck 😂 where my friends daughter didn’t sleep through the night until she was 13 months old.

it’s almost as if :O they’re their own person. But surely you’d just ask the MIL the craic with it. It’s not like they’ve no help!
Yeah that's what i mean she's living in the same house but they may aswell be miles apart as far as support is concerned ,it's strange they don't seem to seek advice unless it from a book or the internet . I'm guessing the PIL were out when she filmed the stories it looked like she was naked feeding the baby in the kitchen.

Reactions: 4
Yeah that's what i mean she's living in the same house but they may aswell be miles apart as far as support is concerned ,it's strange they don't seem to seek advice unless it from a book or the internet . I'm guessing the PIL were out when she filmed the stories it looked like she was naked feeding the baby in the kitchen.
there’s skin to skin and then there’s seeking validation. She has an unhealthy balance.

it’s a shame there’s no mammy and baby groups she could go to. She’d benefit from them MASSIVELY. I’d love to have had the chance to go to one and get chatting to mams my own age that aren’t family.

Reactions: 5
While I agree with you in principle, I wouldn't go to my MIL for advice because she's just like Melanie :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Sorry but did she not claim before that she was diagnosed coeliac? And yet still continued to eat gluten?? I’m coeliac since I was 5 and accidentally eating gluten causes severe stomach pain/sometimes vomiting for me, so I honestly don’t think she was properly diagnosed coeliac.
She probably has a sensitivity to gluten but no way does she really have coeliac disease.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.