Melanie Murphy #4 Covid denier, constant liar, content's dire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did answer this early on in regards to this person's situation in a better way (that sounds snarky, it really isn't but I'm being lazy 😂) Normally with a spinal we put an indwelling catheter after the spinal as the woman doesn't feel it and it gives her chance to recover before needing the loo. Plus if they are doing a section it empties the bladder. With an epidural we don't routinely put an indwelling in but instead use an in out to empty your bladder. There would be no point putting in an indwelling as we would have to take it out for the birth. Though if you are very unwell we may need to monitor your urine output and an indwelling could be used then (if you have sever pre eclampsia for example)
So you always get the catheter after the spinal/epidural ? I won't torture you anymore after this 😂

Reactions: 1
So you always get the catheter after the spinal/epidural ?
Yes with a spinal because you can't get up straight away plus it's usually for a section so a woman wouldn't be getting up for at least 6 hrs anyway.

Not necessarily with an epidural.your bladder needs emptying regularly so we offer an in out catheter to do so over the course of your labour (max every 4 hrs) As it's regularly emptied and the epidural wears off quickly we don't tend to need to leave you with a catheter in.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Again Dearreader you've read her like a book..I'm going to stick my neck out further and say I don't believe she had a PPH at all. I think the blood loss was no different to a normal delivery and the weakness and fatigue she was /is feeling is down to her restricting her diet during /after pregnancy and not being aware how much the birthing process takes out of a woman.She never mentioned anything about a PPH on her initial posts about the birth ,it wasn't till a while later that she posted about it, and I saw no evidence of any drips or cannula bruising on her ? but what really drew me to it was the poster on the previous thread screenshotting Mel's enquiry on the pos birth co page about PPH, again she didn't say she had a hemorrhage only that she bled heavily after the birth , I think she totally made it up as her birth wasn't dramatic enough for her so she had to add more to get the wow factor from her subs ,the same way she's making up about the doctor assaulting her when her husband contradicted everything she said by saying all the health staff were great ...what man would say something like that if they treated his wife so badly?
I wish I never mentioned on here that losing that much blood was considered a haemorrhage, she only started saying it was a haemorrhage after that

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Yes with a spinal because you can't get up straight away plus it's usually for a section so a woman wouldn't be getting up for at least 6 hrs anyway.

Not necessarily with an epidural.your bladder needs emptying regularly so we offer an in out catheter to do so over the course of your labour (max every 4 hrs) As it's regularly emptied and the epidural wears off quickly we don't tend to need to leave you with a catheter in.
Thank you x

I wish I never mentioned on here that losing that much blood was considered a haemorrhage, she only started saying it was a haemorrhage after that
Was it you that posted about her being on the pos birth site ? I'll have to look on the other thread and find the post..yes it took her a while to disclose that info just as she started blaming the medical team for causing it and as usual everything that's discussed on here is scrutinized by her.

Reactions: 3

you get a catheter put in before a spinal with regards to c-section, not after.

Reactions: 2
Thank you x

Was it you that posted about her being on the pos birth site ? I'll have to look on the other thread and find the post..yes it took her a while to disclose that info just as she started blaming the medical team for causing it and as usual everything that's discussed on here is scrutinized by her.

I think it was blueberryblues that said that ❤

I think it was blueberryblues that said that ❤
I wasn't sure I know someone posted I'll have a trail through in a bit x

Any thoughts on a thread title get them in now ,,I can't believe the last one went so quick :oops:

I read it as she said after the spinal has been put in. We would normally put it in once the woman has been laid down on the table prior to the section.
Melanie said she had the catheter before the spinal ,,I had mine put in after I had and epidural .I just wondered why they put in a catheter before she was moved to theatre and was still pushing ?

Melanie said she had the catheter before the spinal ,,I had mine put in after I had and epidural .I just wondered why they put in a catheter before she was moved to theatre and was still pushing ?
I had my catheter put in a good half hour before I was moved to theatre for my section. They have you sitting upright on the table and inject you twice and then you have to lie down immediately (they warn you this before they inject you because you’ve the risk of falling forwards). The spinal kicks in after less than 5 seconds and as soon as they’re clear you’re numb they start the procedure. It’s a v quick process once you get the ball rolling.

maybe it depends on the hospital/ country you’re in? Obs or surgery isn’t my area so I’m not too sure of the mechanics of it all.

I had my catheter put in a good half hour before I was moved to theatre for my section. They have you sitting upright on the table and inject you twice and then you have to lie down immediately (they warn you this before they inject you because you’ve the risk of falling forwards). The spinal kicks in after less than 5 seconds and as soon as they’re clear you’re numb they start the procedure. It’s a v quick process once you get the ball rolling.

maybe it depends on the hospital/ country you’re in? Obs or surgery isn’t my area so I’m not too sure of the mechanics of it all.
So you were numb when you had it ? or not? Melanie said the midwives put the catheter in when she was on the ward before they moved her to theatre but on her comments she said the doc put it in but he didn't examine her till she was moved to theatre when he was supposed to ram his hand in ..this is where things are confusing?

So you were numb when you had it ? or not? Melanie said the midwives put the catheter in when she was on the ward before they moved her to theatre but on her comments she said the doc put it in but he didn't examine her till she was moved to theatre when he was supposed to ram his hand in ..this is where things are confusing?
No I wasn’t numb when I had it, it was extremely uncomfortable but not unbearable. I was in the pre-op room when a nurse put it in. But I also wasn’t in labour, I had an emergency section. It could be different for vaginal delivery but I can’t speak for that.

Personally cannot wait for a new thread to see what masterpiece synopsis @Oohthedrama comes up with. Was truly in tears about Thomas and his ma heading to centre for waffles and Melanie sneaking out of the attic to take pics with the dogs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
If she was going for an instrumental, that would have been because there was a delay in second stage. One of the things we do to try and resolve this is empty the bladder as that can help the head move down. For this we would use an in out catheter. This is just a small tube that we place into your urethra and when the bladder is emptied we take it out. This obviously did not help, and it wasn't clear whether an instrumental birth was possible. When in this situation we go for a trial on theatre so the instrumental can be attempted then if this does not work the woman can have a section.

Once transferred to theatre the woman is prepped for spinal, once the spinal is in place they are assisted to lie down and the reg will reassess with a vaginal examination to see if the head is low enough or in a good enough position to attempt the instrumental. In this case it sounds as though it was and a forceps was used.

If this had not been the case and a section was indicated, the midwife would then insert the indwelling catheter (this is the one with the bag on the end, and is kept in place with a small balloon). This would stay in place until the woman was mobile and able to get to the toilet.

Reactions: 4
If she was going for an instrumental, that would have been because there was a delay in second stage. One of the things we do to try and resolve this is empty the bladder as that can help the head move down. For this we would use an in out catheter. This is just a small tube that we place into your urethra and when the bladder is emptied we take it out. This obviously did not help, and it wasn't clear whether an instrumental birth was possible. When in this situation we go for a trial on theatre so the instrumental can be attempted then if this does not work the woman can have a section.

Once transferred to theatre the woman is prepped for spinal, once the spinal is in place they are assisted to lie down and the reg will reassess with a vaginal examination to see if the head is low enough or in a good enough position to attempt the instrumental. In this case it sounds as though it was and a forceps was used.

If this had not been the case and a section was indicated, the midwife would then insert the indwelling catheter (this is the one with the bag on the end, and is kept in place with a small balloon). This would stay in place until the woman was mobile and able to get to the toilet.
It's the in out thing she got first she said it was horrific she was screaming and Thomas was crying it it that bad ?

Thank you x

‘Twas me! I’m in the positive birth company Facebook group and I spotted it in the weekly questions.

Reactions: 3
It's the in out thing she got first she said it was horrific she was screaming and Thomas was crying it it that bad ?
We should use instilagel which is both a antiseptic and a local anaesthetic which helps numb the area. But not all midwives and Dr's use it (meanies). I had an in out twice when I had my second PPH and the second time I sobbed as they went to do it because it had hurt so much the first time. It was more painful then birthing my sons massive head but not as painful as the reg sticking her hand in my uterus to remove clots, despite me not having any pain relief. I could have happily punched her in the face

We should use instilagel which is both a antiseptic and a local anaesthetic which helps numb the area. But not all midwives and Dr's use it (meanies). I had an in out twice when I had my second PPH and the second time I sobbed as they went to do it because it had hurt so much the first time. It was more painful then birthing my sons massive head but not as painful as the reg sticking her hand in my uterus to remove clots, despite me not having any pain relief. I could have happily punched her in the face
Thank god for epi's is all I'm saying 😂 although second time I didn't have one but they gave me more pessaries even though my labour was progressing and I went from 4cm to the child being born half an hour later .I was nearly halved in two a I couldn't tell you how many needles or stitches I had and nor could they..

‘Twas me! I’m in the positive birth company Facebook group and I spotted it in the weekly questions.
Haha ! I knew someone put it up did she ever get round to replying to any of the answers?

Melanie Murphy #5: 1.1 Diploma in Google Search with Distinction in Dangerous Medical & Science Misinformation 👩‍🎓🥇

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Thank you x

Nope I only did a bit of research myself into things to call her out on her bullshit but I did mention that losing that much blood is a haemorrhage so she should be thanking the medical team for rushing to save her 🤷🏼‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.