Melanie Murphy #2 ED? IBS? PCOS? PTSD? Twitter MD? full of *clean prose* BS anyway!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So, on the subject of PCOS and Melanie. Firstly, she's a completely horrible human being and a liar. Secondly, I'm 32 and I have PCOS and Hypothyroid (Had the ultrasound and she said I had loads of follicles), so was unsure for a while if I had one or the other, but I've suffered with irregular periods for years, hair growth, depression etc. Anyway, I would really love kids before I'm 36 (harder for me as I'm single but am saving in case I need donor sperm if I don't meet anyone by then). I've been researching this for years, and the regular stuff states that around 30% of women with PCOS will give birth without any issues, and 70% may need a little help, some as simple as oral medication, and not IVF, so their is hope ladies, just in case you're panicking (I do too when I have a hormonal breakdown lol every so often!)

What I'm trying to say is, people like Melanie are dangerous, and cause other women to despair and feel worthless, as to make herself feel gratified and as though she's better than other women who can't have what she has. She's disgusting, and she always will be, motherhood won't change that. Who knows whether she'll be a good mother anyway? I'm betting people like myself and others on here who would love a child, who have PCOS, would be incredibly thankful if we got pregnant, younger or older, as we don't take things in life for granted, Melanie does.

I'm also a little over weight, but I'm working on that over the summer and eating better (not perfect, I still enjoy a pizza or chocolate, so don't feel you need to turn into a Melanie food monster on Gluten free, dairy free, bird bowl food and judge everyone else for not following the same restrictions, theirs no evidence it helps massively, it's only about maintaining a healthy weight, exercising, not excessively, stress free as much as possible and just eating right as much as you can).

I live in fear of not being able to have a child, with my PCOS, hypothyroidism and being single at 32 and no sign of Mr. Right anytime soon, so for me, it may be a journey I do on my own with my family supporting me, but that's okay. But listen - IT IS POSSIBLE TO HAVE A BABY WITH PCOS. Most women can have children with PCOS. Melanie forced Thomas into a relationship and knew how to work him, he's pretty simple, and even his mother knew what was coming when Melanie set her claws into him, now the poor woman is stuck with Pregnant Melanie whaling in her attic.

All jokes aside, I know how hard it is with PCOS, I know how utterly insensitive Melanie is, she doesn't care, so don't let her upset you either, as she's a lost cause and because she rushed everything, will now have to live with the hardships ahead of her on her own.

I know some of you are probably a lot younger than me, and know that all isn't lost, PCOS is very common, many women get pregnant, some will struggle for sure, and some will need a little help along the way too, but it does and can happen. Take care of yourself, and erase people like Melanie from your life, they will only hurt you and cause you stress, you need to put your health and wellbeing first above all. Which is why I don't even bother watching or listening to anything that creature says anymore, and my mental health is the better for it. I can assure you, her social media persona is far from the real one she is living.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
So, on the subject of PCOS and Melanie. Firstly, she's a completely horrible human being and a liar. Secondly, I'm 32 and I have PCOS and Hypothyroid (Had the ultrasound and she said I had loads of follicles), so was unsure for a while if I had one or the other, but I've suffered with irregular periods for years, hair growth, depression etc. Anyway, I would really love kids before I'm 36 (harder for me as I'm single but am saving in case I need donor sperm if I don't meet anyone by then). I've been researching this for years, and the regular stuff states that around 30% of women with PCOS will give birth without any issues, and 70% may need a little help, some as simple as oral medication, and not IVF, so their is hope ladies, just in case you're panicking (I do too when I have a hormonal breakdown lol every so often!)

What I'm trying to say is, people like Melanie are dangerous, and cause other women to despair and feel worthless, as to make herself feel gratified and as though she's better than other women who can't have what she has. She's disgusting, and she always will be, motherhood won't change that. Who knows whether she'll be a good mother anyway? I'm betting people like myself and others on here who would love a child, who have PCOS, would be incredibly thankful if we got pregnant, younger or older, as we don't take things in life for granted, Melanie does.

I'm also a little over weight, but I'm working on that over the summer and eating better (not perfect, I still enjoy a pizza or chocolate, so don't feel you need to turn into a Melanie food monster on Gluten free, dairy free, bird bowl food and judge everyone else for not following the same restrictions, theirs no evidence it helps massively, it's only about maintaining a healthy weight, exercising, not excessively, stress free as much as possible and just eating right as much as you can).

I live in fear of not being able to have a child, with my PCOS, hypothyroidism and being single at 32 and no sign of Mr. Right anytime soon, so for me, it may be a journey I do on my own with my family supporting me, but that's okay. But listen - IT IS POSSIBLE TO HAVE A BABY WITH PCOS. Most women can have children with PCOS. Melanie forced Thomas into a relationship and knew how to work him, he's pretty simple, and even his mother knew what was coming when Melanie set her claws into him, now the poor woman is stuck with Pregnant Melanie whaling in her attic.

All jokes aside, I know how hard it is with PCOS, I know how utterly insensitive Melanie is, she doesn't care, so don't let her upset you either, as she's a lost cause and because she rushed everything, will now have to live with the hardships ahead of her on her own.

I know some of you are probably a lot younger than me, and know that all isn't lost, PCOS is very common, many women get pregnant, some will struggle for sure, and some will need a little help along the way too, but it does and can happen. Take care of yourself, and erase people like Melanie from your life, they will only hurt you and cause you stress, you need to put your health and wellbeing first above all. Which is why I don't even bother watching or listening to anything that creature says anymore, and my mental health is the better for it. I can assure you, her social media persona is far from the real one she is living.
Thank you so much for this. I'm currently trying to get my body more ready for pregnancy as I am overweight and have pcos and all this stuff with Melanie just really upsets me. But your words are the wisest I have read on the topic of pcos and pregnancy for a while. Good luck x

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Thankyou!!! Youā€™re so kind. I needed to hear that as I had been so upset with Melanieā€™s stories. I blocked her afterwards and I am never unblocking her either. Iā€™m currently taking fertility treatments and all I can say is everyoneā€™s PCOS journey is different and bodies react differently to it. Infertility is not necessarily a consequence of it. I am hopeful and I know my journey is not going to be an easy one. But I cannot let any Melanie make it even more difficult. I wish you all the best in your journey!! Hugs!! xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Iā€™ve not got PCOS so cannot relate in that way (I hope all your fertility journeys go well!) but Iā€™ve also blocked Melanie as she makes me feel tit in general but particularly after the wedding / pregnancy stuff. I want nothing more than to start a family but weā€™re waiting until next year as our wedding and honeymoon have been postponed (thanks covid) but we also want to be slightly more financially stable and in a bigger home. The fact she manipulated Thomas (and viewers) by saying she has PCOS and is worried about fertility is so gross. And then bragging online about how quick and easy it was is disgusting. And sheā€™s living in his parents attic. She just wanted her own way and a picture perfect life but we can see through it all. Canā€™t stand her.

I recommend people go to RawBeautyKristiā€™s channel. She believed she was totally infertile for like 10 years and just got pregnant naturally. Her two newest videos are emotional and may give those going through a hard time some hope :)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Iā€™ve not got PCOS so cannot relate in that way (I hope all your fertility journeys go well!) but Iā€™ve also blocked Melanie as she makes me feel tit in general but particularly after the wedding / pregnancy stuff. I want nothing more than to start a family but weā€™re waiting until next year as our wedding and honeymoon have been postponed (thanks covid) but we also want to be slightly more financially stable and in a bigger home. The fact she manipulated Thomas (and viewers) by saying she has PCOS and is worried about fertility is so gross. And then bragging online about how quick and easy it was is disgusting. And sheā€™s living in his parents attic. She just wanted her own way and a picture perfect life but we can see through it all. Canā€™t stand her.

I recommend people go to RawBeautyKristiā€™s channel. She believed she was totally infertile for like 10 years and just got pregnant naturally. Her two newest videos are emotional and may give those going through a hard time some hope :)
Oh my gosh, her recent Q&A video was so interesting and genuine. The differences between her and Melanie are crazy when you consider they are similar ages! Also goes to show that all influencers aren't problematic šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 2
Thank you so much for this. I'm currently trying to get my body more ready for pregnancy as I am overweight and have pcos and all this stuff with Melanie just really upsets me. But your words are the wisest I have read on the topic of pcos and pregnancy for a while. Good luck x
More than welcome and good for you! Remember, your well being is key! Melanie is someone with no experience or understanding in this issue, so anything she talks about is all lies and based on her internet life, and her favourite Doctor, Mr. Google. I hope all works well for you, I'm currently working on my weight as well, and know that their are people like us out there that understand what you're going through and support all the way! Good luck also and be kind to yourself! x

Thankyou!!! Youā€™re so kind. I needed to hear that as I had been so upset with Melanieā€™s stories. I blocked her afterwards and I am never unblocking her either. Iā€™m currently taking fertility treatments and all I can say is everyoneā€™s PCOS journey is different and bodies react differently to it. Infertility is not necessarily a consequence of it. I am hopeful and I know my journey is not going to be an easy one. But I cannot let any Melanie make it even more difficult. I wish you all the best in your journey!! Hugs!! xx
Good! Doing that is a major step to causing yourself less stress by letting people like her affect your mental well being, which is essential for anyone suffering with PCOS, stress and taking care of ourselves is key. Honestly, you will feel much better removing ANYONE like that from your life, and allows you to focus on you and your needs. The journey is a long one and sometimes it can feel really hard, I know I've felt despair at times, but then I hear and learn so much from women of all ages who've succeeded in this battle. Just know, you're not alone, and those of us that understand are always there to listen and talk and help in anyway we can, wherever we are in the world. Be kind to yourself along your journey and good luck also to you too! *HUGS* x

That's ok, most here are very understanding, and know just what Melanie us truly like and how deceitful she truly is. Honestly, since I stopped watching Melanie's progress and made the decision to put my own mental health first, it feels like a weight lifted, that I suddenly have one less judgement from society because I stopped following someone so toxic, and Melanie is the definition of a toxic person, so blocking and unfollowing her is a good move for your own well being. Whenever you're ready to start your journey, is when your ready, and nothing, or no one like her should make you feel pressured or less worthy no matter what. Thank you for your message too! *hugs*

I will check her out too! :)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Nooo thatā€™s too much. I cannot stand when people have no boundaries on social media. This is not normal behaviour!

edit: also sheā€™s chosen where to put that question box. She thinks thatā€™s okay to share that. Makes me cringe.

Reactions: 9
Wtf. WHY is she putting a photo of her vagina on the internet? Are the pregnancy hormones making her barmy? She's so bleeping weird and attention seeking.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Why does she always call attention to something on her body/skin? I find that soooo cringe. Why would anyone want to know whatā€™s on her leg, her armpits, her ā€˜vulvaā€™?? How much validation can one person need? Iā€™m serious. She clearly has lot of issues with that and a person like that should not be on social media ā€œinfluencingā€ others. Get help Melanie.

Reactions: 7
she's supporting Jenna Marbles on insta now. someone called her out and said it isn't a white person's place to forgive another white person's racism, does she listen and learn? no she just digs a deeper hole

Reactions: 3
she's supporting Jenna Marbles on insta now. someone called her out and said it isn't a white person's place to forgive another white person's racism, does she listen and learn? no she just digs a deeper hole
do you have any screenshots?

Not surprised. Also Jenna Marbles wasnā€™t cancelled, she was called out. But ofcourse princess Melanie saw this opportunity and made it all about herself.

Reactions: 5
Melanie desperately wants cancel culture to stop just so it would mean all her ignorant past statements would be wiped clean.She doesn't want them to resurface or people digging as that would mean people seeing the real Melanie, called out then having to faux apologise and live in fear of losing subscribers. And we all know she's problematic enough to be called out extensively.

She keeps referencing how we need to stop digging up what people have said in the past- Melanie has made ignorant statements consistently and recently, There's no excuse. Cancelling cancel culture is Melanie's big dream to mouth off online without consequence or clapbacks.

And on the topic of putting her Vag online - literally, stop. Are you not getting enough attention at home? CLEARLY you are not. No friends to tell you it's tacky? šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 8
do you have any screenshots?
I can post screenshots if you want but there's an even bigger fight about it on her Twitter if you have it. People are calling her out about it, but in true Melanie style she's ignoring the backlash.

I find it interesting that she made a big deal about apologising and changing her ways by listening, learning & using her platform to amplify BAME voices - but the first thing she does with her platform after that is to decry the apparent 'unfair' treatment of another white person who has recognised their past racist behaviour and chosen to take responsibility for it.

Also interesting how she's putting this all down to 'toxic cancel culture' pushing Jenna Marbles to take a step back when there's no evidence of that

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I can post screenshots if you want but there's an even bigger fight about it on her Twitter if you have it. People are calling her out about it, but in true Melanie style she's ignoring the backlash.

I find it interesting that she made a big deal about apologising and changing her ways by listening, learning & using her platform to amplify BAME voices - but the first thing she does with her platform after that is to decry the apparent 'unfair' treatment of another white person who has recognised their past racist behaviour and chosen to take responsibility for it.

Also interesting how she's putting this all down to 'toxic cancel culture' pushing Jenna Marbles to take a step back when there's no evidence of that
This exactly. Thing is though, she never really listened or amplified black voices after the fact. Instead we got Melanie asking followers to help her write black characters for her future books (plug much) and not the time to be making BLM about her. Following this we got an advertisement disguised as inclusivity.

An apology post went up where she used the tired old influencer method of "taking time offline to learn and listen" Under this post a follower asked Melanie to amplify black voices instead of her own and.....crickets

All of this while she stated how she listened to a black follower who educated her via twitter... And nope not what happened, she whitesplained ,continuously deflected and told a black woman why she was wrong while avoiding pertinent questions that were posed to her. The thread is still there, surprising not deleted and it's vile how she treated that black girl, then jumping on Instagram about how she "listened"

Melanie is about as performative as they come, in all aspects of her life.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I see Tattle has a mention too ( I'm guessing the hate site that tears influencers apart ) šŸ™„ don't give us a reason to then(y)

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.