Melanie Murphy #17 The first woman ever to have ever been pregnant. Ever.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She will find out at a private scan, because she clearly has very little patience
She might put off finding out it's a girl for as long as possible lol , bet she's in with a magnifying glass to see if there's anything poking out in the scan pic 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
When your followers are already so miniscule you have to buy fake followers from India.

IMG_20220707_081126.jpg
IMG_20220707_081043.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Ok so I’m a first time mum and my daughter is only 5 months old so I might be wrong on this, and totally open to correction - but is it normal to keep breastfeeding your nearly 2 year old during the night?!! It seems totally insane to me at that age, like she’s so desperate to keep him completely dependent on her that she encourages it.

Reactions: 11
Ok so I’m a first time mum and my daughter is only 5 months old so I might be wrong on this, and totally open to correction - but is it normal to keep breastfeeding your nearly 2 year old during the night?!! It seems totally insane to me at that age, like she’s so desperate to keep him completely dependent on her that she encourages it.
It’s absolutely not normal to feed a child that age through the night like she does, whether you’re breastfeeding or bottle feeding. At that age you should be encouraging your child to develop a full sleep pattern and limiting the amount they wake up by not feeding them through the night.

I don’t care that she is long term breastfeeding that’s not an issue (the way she martyrises herself for doing it is though). The issue is that at this point in the child’s diet, milk should be minimal and he should be primarily eating solids. By keeping his diet predominantly milk she will cause stomach issues the older he gets.

But like you said it’s all about keeping him dependent on her.

Reactions: 17
That’s what I thought!!! Like surely she should be encouraging him to have a full nights sleep instead.

It’s absolutely not normal to feed a child that age through the night like she does, whether you’re breastfeeding or bottle feeding. At that age you should be encouraging your child to develop a full sleep pattern and limiting the amount they wake up by not feeding them through the night.

I don’t care that she is long term breastfeeding that’s not an issue (the way she martyrises herself for doing it is though). The issue is that at this point in the child’s diet, milk should be minimal and he should be primarily eating solids. By keeping his diet predominantly milk she will cause stomach issues the older he gets.

Reactions: 2

She can afford to feed him through the night because she doesn’t work so can relax during the day, it’s the bad habits she’s instilled in him will be harder to break as he gets older, how is he going to settle with family while her and baldly are at the hospital he’ll be screaming the place down looking for her , same when he goes to nursery and wants to do what he likes and the teacher has her set of rules he must follow.

Attachments

Reactions: 7
She can afford to feed him through the night because she doesn’t work so can relax during the day, it’s the bad habits she’s instilled in him will be harder to break as he gets older, how is he going to settle with family while her and baldly are at the hospital he’ll be screaming the place down looking for her , same when he goes to nursery and wants to do what he likes and the teacher has her set of rules he must follow.
With the way she's going I can honestly see her attempting home schooling. Sure hasn't she a teaching degree?? 😂😂 She'll have one of those kids that learns in nAtUrE and can dig holes but can't read or write.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
With the way she's going I can honestly see her attempting home schooling. Sure hasn't she a teaching degree?? 😂😂 She'll have one of those kids that learns in nAtUrE and can dig holes but can't read or write.
Jeez I can totally see it 😂 she’s such a needy person herself she probably doesn’t see anything wrong in having him dependent on her, she still needs her parent there and she’s in her 30’s

• Sick
Reactions: 13
She might put off finding out it's a girl for as long as possible lol , bet she's in with a magnifying glass to see if there's anything poking out in the scan pic 😂
Nubs aren’t 100% but with both of mine I guessed the gender correctly using that theory… anyway, it indeed looks like a girl to me. So, calling it now.

also, re. the nursing a toddler at night thing: totally agree that she’s made a cross for her own back. Especially if she goes in for a section, lord help her. Co-sleeping with a toddler and a newborn while you recover from a c-section? In what universe is that going to be doable? Even if she goes the vaginal-delivery route it isn’t safe for a newborn to be in a bed with multiple people, including a toddler who doesn’t understand/is jealous. Rofl, Melmo.. do yourself a favour and sort this out now while you still can.

Reactions: 9
Yes, it is normal as they don’t just give it up all of a sudden, unless you encourage them in some way. It’s very tiring though. But it’s normal for the child that age not to sleep through the night . It’s definitely not bad habit to feed your child on demand at that age and it doesn’t cause any issues with teeth or stomach, this is old wife tales and never would be said by someone educated on the topic. Also breastfeeding is not the reason why they wake, it’s just comforts them when they do. The children that wake to feed mostly would still wake through the night even if you stop feeding them

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I agree with the points raised when baby 2 comes. The cosleeping I thought would be weaned down but I'm sure she'll have all her kids sleeping in same bed until they're 21 at this rate.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Yes, it is normal as they don’t just give it up all of a sudden, unless you encourage them in some way. It’s very tiring though. But it’s normal for the child that age not to sleep through the night . It’s definitely not bad habit to feed your child on demand at that age and it doesn’t cause any issues with teeth or stomach, this is old wife tales and never would be said by someone educated on the topic. Also breastfeeding is not the reason why they wake, it’s just comforts them when they do. The children that wake to feed mostly would still wake through the night even if you stop feeding them
Like any other habit breaking and building, they will wake through the night at first because it’s routine but if you want to have your child sleep through the night you need to encourage it. And it is very normal for an almost 2 year old child to have a full sleeping pattern. Melanie just doesn’t want that.

I didn’t say that feeding the child on demand will cause stomach issues. I said feeding your child a diet that predominantly consists of a liquid as they get older can cause stomach problems in digesting more solid and varied foods.

Reactions: 10
I bottle fed but once they turn 1 you are technically suppose to start reducing their milk intake whether bottle or breast as their diet should mainly consist of solids by that point. Mines 16 months and has a 6oz bottle morning and night, unless she’s sick/teething I will sometimes give her an extra drop of milk but it’s rare, but that’s it the rest is solid food. If he was getting enough solid food throughout they day he wouldn’t need to be feeding at night.

Reactions: 8
I bottle fed but once they turn 1 you are technically suppose to start reducing their milk intake whether bottle or breast as their diet should mainly consist of solids by that point. Mines 16 months and has a 6oz bottle morning and night, unless she’s sick/teething I will sometimes give her an extra drop of milk but it’s rare, but that’s it the rest is solid food. If he was getting enough solid food throughout they day he wouldn’t need to be feeding at night.
Yeah that’s right ,even the health visitors encourage them to get rid of the bobo and use a cup as they only really need limited amounts of milk in a day .

Reactions: 4
Yeah that’s right ,even the health visitors encourage them to get rid of the bobo and use a cup as they only really need limited amounts of milk in a day .
Yea that’s what I was told when my HV called out to do the 1 year check

Reactions: 2
Nubs aren’t 100% but with both of mine I guessed the gender correctly using that theory… anyway, it indeed looks like a girl to me. So, calling it now.

also, re. the nursing a toddler at night thing: totally agree that she’s made a cross for her own back. Especially if she goes in for a section, lord help her. Co-sleeping with a toddler and a newborn while you recover from a c-section? In what universe is that going to be doable? Even if she goes the vaginal-delivery route it isn’t safe for a newborn to be in a bed with multiple people, including a toddler who doesn’t understand/is jealous. Rofl, Melmo.. do yourself a favour and sort this out now while you still can.
I did this (co sleeping with a toddler after a c section of their younger sibling). I’m not going to lie, it wasn’t unduly tough. Probably because the toddler was an older toddler (albeit disabled and very hard work) so slept through the night, and the baby slept quite well in their crib (until around 4 months, thenthey were transferred to a side-car cot attached to the bed so we could all co sleep). The first few days post birth were tough but they always are anyway. Once the pain was gone a week or so out it was reasonably straightforward (just for anyone reading facing a similar situation who’s concerned!).

Reactions: 5
Mines the same age and I still breastfeed. He has one feed before bedtime. He sometimes wakes in the night and I will give him another feed. So that’s 1-2 feeds a day. Every child is different but he should probably be able to cope without having multiple feeds throughout the day/ night

Reactions: 1
I did this (co sleeping with a toddler after a c section of their younger sibling). I’m not going to lie, it wasn’t unduly tough. Probably because the toddler was an older toddler (albeit disabled and very hard work) so slept through the night, and the baby slept quite well in their crib (until around 4 months, thenthey were transferred to a side-car cot attached to the bed so we could all co sleep). The first few days post birth were tough but they always are anyway. Once the pain was gone a week or so out it was reasonably straightforward (just for anyone reading facing a similar situation who’s concerned!).
Thanks for this. No, of course - don’t want to discourage or scare anyone. Each one of us has their own associations and experiences.. I’m currently co-sleeping with my 5 month old and struggling because we’re waking each-other up non-stop, so I’m trying to get her into a crib for night time. When I think of throwing a toddler in the mix it sounds impossible to me, but that’s based on my experience.

I think we could discuss the pros and cons of co-sleeping, nursing practices etc. until the cows come home but honestly the biggest gripe most of us have with Melmo is her sanctimonious attitude not so much her sleeping habits. It’s the shaming, preaching etc. that grinds my gears - not so much the actual topics themselves.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Thanks for this. No, of course - don’t want to discourage or scare anyone. Each one of us has their own associations and experiences.. I’m currently co-sleeping with my 5 month old and struggling because we’re waking each-other up non-stop, so I’m trying to get her into a crib for night time. When I think of throwing a toddler in the mix it sounds impossible to me, but that’s based on my experience.

I think we could discuss the pros and cons of co-sleeping, nursing practices etc. until the cows come home but honestly the biggest gripe most of us have with Melmo is her sanctimonious attitude not so much her sleeping habits. It’s the shaming, preaching etc. that grinds my gears - not so much the actual topics themselves.
THIS!!

Most of us couldn't give a shite how someone else is choosing to raise their child. It's Mel's "I feel shamed for co sleeping and breastfeeding a toddler, so I'm going to shame those who don't and who sleep train" etc. Like wtf?! Just be strong enough in your convictions and say what you're doing and don't even compare or mention other options.

If you feel the need to put others down to make yourself feel better, you're clearly not that confident in your own choices IMO 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I agree that she’s so smug about it. I breastfed and co slept and my child did wake through the night so I think it’s somewhat normal, the health visitor never seemed too bothered but she’s so bloody smug. My mum didn’t co sleep or breastfeed me. My parents also divorced. I felt I had a secure attachment to both parents still, I don’t think either parent loved me less than I love mine.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.