Melanie Murphy #17 The first woman ever to have ever been pregnant. Ever.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s absolutely certain there is only one way to correctly raise a child and it’s exactly how she’s doing it - even though this changes on a whim ( remember the cloth nappies 🙄) Her language around formula feeding, or women choosing to work, women having children later in life or children having their own rooms is always phrased as “ oh well if mothers had the education or opportunity this would be how they’d do it because this is the right way of doing it” . Followed by quotes from google.

She’s a complete idiot presenting as an authority on motherhood. Hannah Witton has managed to have a baby without turning into a complete arse. She’s out and about breastfeeding in a completely normal way without feeling the need to pontificate. That does more to normalise breastfeeding than all the crap poetry and terrible bra modelling.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I bottle fed but once they turn 1 you are technically suppose to start reducing their milk intake whether bottle or breast as their diet should mainly consist of solids by that point. Mines 16 months and has a 6oz bottle morning and night, unless she’s sick/teething I will sometimes give her an extra drop of milk but it’s rare, but that’s it the rest is solid food. If he was getting enough solid food throughout they day he wouldn’t need to be feeding at night.
My 2 year old eats like a horse but will still breastfeed 282733 times a day if I let him ! I think it’s a myth that more solid food= sleeping through the night, my son just started sleeping through randomly one night with no change to breastfeeding/routine, and often slept better if he made the classic toddler move of not eating any of his dinner 😭

Reactions: 4
Maybe he’s accomplished all his mental leaps already 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She was all go about how she was going to be using cloth nappies because they were so much better for the environment (they fitted with the whole earth mommy vibe). Cue stories with her folding all her cloth nappies telling everyone how easy and cute they were and tips on how to be a cloth nappy mammy. Then no more mention of the cloth nappies until the yearly recap when she explained that her 15 month was just too enormous for the cloth nappies ( not that they were too much work and she couldn’t be bothered after making a big song and dance about unnecessary landfill waste 🙄).

Reactions: 13
She was all go about how she was going to be using cloth nappies because they were so much better for the environment (they fitted with the whole earth mommy vibe). Cue stories with her folding all her cloth nappies telling everyone how easy and cute they were and tips on how to be a cloth nappy mammy. Then no more mention of the cloth nappies until the yearly recap when she explained that her 15 month was just too enormous for the cloth nappies ( not that they were too much work and she couldn’t be bothered after making a big song and dance about unnecessary landfill waste 🙄).
Thanks, Rattle!
Yeah, sure he was too big 🤣
She just couldn’t be arsed!

Reactions: 2
What happened with the cloth nappies?
There was also a few videos/Instagram stories when they lived with the in-laws and the dirty ones where just lying in the background 🤮 i think it’s a great idea but think it’s just extra work to have to wash them etc, being honest I’d rather just dump the nappy in the bin and not have to worry about it.

• Sick
I have the same nappies, I gave up on them when I went back to full time work. There’s no way pan is too big for them. Particularly back then 🤣

There was also a few videos/Instagram stories when they lived with the in-laws and the dirty ones where just lying in the background 🤮 i think it’s a great idea but think it’s just extra work to have to wash them etc, being honest I’d rather just dump the nappy in the bin and not have to worry about it.
Oh, gosh!! 🤢
I agree.

Reactions: 3
They have a pregnancy qa up on YouTube now.
She ran out of time, she was in the labour room 12h, as much as it sucks to be rushed and having to go with forceps, it’s the reality and nothing to be done about it, unless she goes to a different country to have her second baby.
She was offered an episiotomy and probably should have taken it instead of 4th degree tear. She has a lot of anxiety about labour now which I actually understand. As it does sound like it was a hard recovery but she didn’t help herself with turning down the blood transfusion.
I bet she will try to deliver herself again.

I also had a big baby and a substantial tear and had a lot of anxiety about giving the birth for the second time. I did not do the hypnobirthing again but I did work with doula, they encouraged me that I still can deliver the second baby naturally and have a less dramatic experience. Luckily this is exactly what happened, the midwife was very nice and aware of the previous tear and they guided me when to push to have less tear and there was barely any. But I was aware that there was a good chance the labour could end in emergency c section. The second baby was big too.
I think the doula and hypnobirthing will convince her to try for natural birth again. I think it depends on how bad the tear was and how well it healed, in some cases it probably wouldn’t be recommended but I wasn’t offered a c section, I was only told it was quite likely.

Reactions: 7
Anyone who advertises natural cycles without mentioning you should be in a place to potentially deal with an pregnanacy, have a regular cycle, and be able to remember to take your temp at the same time every day gets a big old eye roll from me.

*Edit* Especially when they don't declare the advert properly on YouTube

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
It amazes me how big an ego they both have ,especially watching them compete together like that . I can't believe she suggested Thomas move to another room with no 1 son until the baby is old enough to bedshare ,rougly 18 months 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 7
It amazes me how big an ego they both have ,especially watching them compete together like that . I can't believe she suggested Thomas move to another room with no 1 son until the baby is old enough to bedshare ,rougly 18 months 😂
I was surprised to hear that one, he will only have a paternity leave for a month or two, after that he’ll fly again, so that’s not going to work.
The only solution for my family was to have daddy in a separate room. I don’t understand why she didn’t do that yet, considering Thomas is often not there anyways.

Reactions: 3
I was surprised to hear that one, he will only have a paternity leave for a month or two, after that he’ll fly again, so that’s not going to work.
The only solution for my family was to have daddy in a separate room. I don’t understand why she didn’t do that yet, considering Thomas is often not there anyways.
I think everyone's different and people do what works for them . I always had my kids fit my lifestyle not the other way round , from about 6mths I put them in their own room for daytime naps so by the time they transitioned from our room they were used to sleeping in their own room without any fuss .I couldn't imagine bedsharing with a toddler on a fulltime basis it's impossible to get a good nights sleep, I always found mine slept way better in their own room anyway as they were used to it from they were babies .

Reactions: 8
I think everyone's different and people do what works for them . I always had my kids fit my lifestyle not the other way round , from about 6mths I put them in their own room for daytime naps so by the time they transitioned from our room they were used to sleeping in their own room without any fuss .I couldn't imagine bedsharing with a toddler on a fulltime basis it's impossible to get a good nights sleep, I always found mine slept way better in their own room anyway as they were used to it from they were babies .
Of course everyone does what suits them and what helps them to survive the baby period of their lives. Melanie doesn’t seem to consider putting Pan in his own bedroom, but how is he going to sleep with Thomas if Thomas is not there for days at a time. Routine and consistency are important for young kids, it probably would work better to have Pan in his own bedroom or in bed with her like before rather than him sleeping with daddy but only the nights when he’s at home, that would just confuse him in my opinion.

Personally think she’d be better trying to get him used to sleeping on his own in his own room before the next baby arrives, my near 16 month old still sleeps in with us and she’s far too big for it now and its so uncomfortable, we’ve just recently moved and are currently decorating her bedroom to get her into her room. Only reason she wasn’t put in her own room earlier is because we didn’t have the room in our previous house so she’s always slept in our room, we’ve co-slept from she was 7/8 months old as she went through a bad teething spell for a few months and it was the only way we could get her to settle but we’ve recently figured out she hates her cot now so she won’t sleep in it so we’ve had to get her a proper bed for her new room and putting safety railings on it.

It sounded from a video that they both don’t want her to have a c section and that Thomas is very keen on Mel attempting a home birth. She also said that Thomas was the one who wanted the baby now, she would have waited another year. I thought she was obsessed with trying for another baby ever since her period came back

It sounded from a video that they both don’t want her to have a c section and that Thomas is very keen on Mel attempting a home birth. She also said that Thomas was the one who wanted the baby now, she would have waited another year. I thought she was obsessed with trying for another baby ever since her period came back
What I took from that video was actually that Thomas is more willing to listen to medical advice against home birth than she is. She talked about how they could stop a bleed like the one she had last time during a home birth and not require immediate hospital assistance.

He is definitely the one pushing for as many babies as possible as soon as possible. And even him not wanting to know the sex when she does and him getting his way the last time is just ridiculous.

Also side note but they intend to having their children bedshare into the future??? You went and bought this big half a million euro house and want your kids to share one bed???? Ridiculous and a sure fire way to have your children resent each other.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.