Melanie Murphy #17 The first woman ever to have ever been pregnant. Ever.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s an absolute fantasist.

Would she not go and make a formal complaint and stop being an Instagram warrior. 🙄

Reactions: 16
Jees her cage is fairly rattled this weekend 😳 how many ranty posts is that now

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I wouldn’t follow Melanie in a million years if I was pregnant again. She stresses me the duck out. Can’t stand women who bang on about labour and birth and the ‘right’ way to do it, and think they’re superior beings for giving birth without pain relief.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
ROFL. Indeed, perhaps Pan is parked somewhere “listening to Mozart” (= watching Cocomelon) while she’s scouring Instagram for birth empowerment posts 🤦‍♀️

She laments feeling ignored and violated - which, fair enough, some warning at least is a friendly thing to do (with the doctor doing cervical checks) - but in her birth video didn’t she state that Baldy was talking to the staff on her behalf at the time? I mean, if they seemingly ignored him, is this Doula going to achieve anything better? This person will still be a third-party, not even a certified medical professional. I don’t think they can do miracles and convince medical staff to ignore protocol or change delivery plans in times of emergent problems. I don’t know, seems far-fetched to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
These hynobirthing, pro 100% intervention and pain relief free advocates have really fucked up lots of people's perception of birth! It is hard, can be traumatic and things go wrong. Parents should be prepared for other eventualities. Then you get the people like Mel who had unexpected outcomes and are terrifying others by sharing their trauma with no context!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It's also super weird how much she shared. Influencers talk a lot about their privacy and setting boundaries, which is totally fine, but then they share the most intimate details of their lives. 🤷 I have a feeling I know more about the way she gave birth then I know about the experience from close friends.
But, as someone else said: showing the face of her kid is clearly a step to far.

Reactions: 12
So hold on she couldn't feel anything but she felt the Doctor putting his fingers up her?
The way she has turned a doctor's job into something evil and sinister?
Is it not the expectation that you'll be poked and prodded during a procedure/giving birth.
Never given birth so I've no idea!

View attachment 1387629No one explained her anything, yeah, sure. She said herself the baby was in a certain position that it was hard for him to come out
The reason they ask you to lie on your back is to give the baby’s head as much room as possible to descend , they had her in stirrups because they needed to use suction and forceps to help him out ,she still doesn’t seem to grasp how precarious a situation she was in, he was obviously stuck and in distress going by their assessment.

I wouldn’t follow Melanie in a million years if I was pregnant again. She stresses me the duck out. Can’t stand women who bang on about labour and birth and the ‘right’ way to do it, and think they’re superior beings for giving birth without pain relief.
She had pain relief .

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
She even admitted to not looking into forceps before giving birth! I know medical professionals should give adequate explanation before performing treatment, but sometimes it's urgent... they dont explain the risks of CPR when somone is going into cardiac arrest. And for someone who was so clued up, she really didn't know much outside of having a "natural" birth 🙄

And there was no excuse for not having a blood transfusion, and I'm sure the doctors and midwives explained how it would be helpful for her recovery. And I'm sure even a doula would encourage her to have that...

Out of interest, what was her reason for refusing a blood transfusion? I don’t know why anyone would other than for random religious reasons.

It’s a very complex subject (far too much to properly address here) but honestly I think that a lot of negativity experienced in birth is also linked to unmet expectations - of the women themselves and of others. “Painless birth” is used for marketing purposes - yes, call it “intense waves” rather than contractions, but that’s just mental framing, it doesn’t literally mean you’ll push out a baby with no pain (unless you have serious anaesthesia). Pain is subjective - also depends on a thousand different variables, genetics etc. I found that actually preparing myself with coping strategies for actual pain to be very useful - together with the hypno-birthing stuff.

Out of interest, what was her reason for refusing a blood transfusion? I don’t know why anyone would other than for random religious reasons.
If I remember correctly she didn’t give a reason (I could be wrong though). Transfusions and iron-drips are actually not-so-pleasant experiences (talking from experience here). She probably googled it, thought she knew better and wanted to avoid the discomfort.

it’s totally moronic though, I had an iron drip and it was the best thing ever - I felt like new after 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
From what I remember, she said that the idea of someone else's blood in her freaked her out and was worried that they would put the wrong blood type in

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m have some suspicions that they didn’t actually want to give her a transfusion.. it’s possible (if not likely) that she threw that in there to make the whole situation look more dramatic, and then had to come up with something to say when people questioned it. I had an iron drip, which was optional, but the hospital made it clear that a transfusion would be done if my levels got down to critical levels (if you get to that point you feel like, and are, at death’s door). Donated blood is precious, they don’t offer it like a complimentary drink at an airport lounge. Maybe others can add to this, but just my thoughts.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I hope that she knows that the whole *natural birth movement* is based on very anti-feminist belief systems. Being pregnant and giving birth has become one big arena where women shame each other if they didn't do it *naturally* or if they had a c-section. This is the only part of medicine that has this side, because nobody would shame you for having any operation with some sort of pain relief. The fact that women feel superior/or feel the need to lie about having pain relief is tragic. Mel definitely participates in this shaming culture where she is constantly on about her sacrifices, but also is constantly on about being a victim because her boundaries were crossed. She is not a medicial professional just because she gave birth and she is not a birthing expert just because she shares instagram quotes from an instagram doula.

I would recommend you to read this, Mel (and anyone else interested in the mysogynist history of natural birth): https://theestablishment.co/the-misogynist-history-of-natural-birth/index.html (since you obviously read on here).

This one is also quite interesting: https://www.feministcurrent.com/2014/07/03/eves-punishment-rebooted-the-ideology-of-natural-birth/

"Natural birth advocates, just like many in the pro-sex movement, don’t seem to be concerned about the harm that women suffer through this practice or finding ways of preventing this harm from occurring. Women can choose, as long as they choose to suffer and see themselves as liberated through suffering."

Feel like this describes a lot of what Mel is preaching on her social media.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Other than putting in a complaint, is it possible to discuss your birth notes with a midwife in the hospital in Ireland? I know on the NHS you can request to be talked through your notes after the fact, which I’ve heard can be helpful if it was traumatic. It sounds like Mel could do with a dose of reality but also it might actually make her feel calmer going into this next birth.

I had to unfollow as I can’t deal with the pregnancy content but can’t wait for more house updates because it truly gives me lols.

Reactions: 3
Just catching up, Jesus she is ON ONE today! I see insta has become the new Twitter, time to put the phone down and walk away Melanie 😅

She can absolutely go back to the hospital and discuss her birth. In fact, she SHOULD. Because putting this online probably feels therapeutic for her in the moment but, as per usual, it's triggering for some people. Go talk to a professional!

Birth is wildly unpredictable. You can have all the plans in place but unfortunately things change on a dime. I feel like other options and methods could have been discussed at a previous antenatal appointment eg forceps/vacuum/section and under what circumstances they'd be used, but Melanie blocked it all out as she couldn't possibly go down that road as hers was to be a completely nattuuuurrraaaallll birth.

Either way, buckle up peeps it's gonna be a long pregnancy 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Just catching up, Jesus she is ON ONE today! I see insta has become the new Twitter, time to put the phone down and walk away Melanie 😅

She can absolutely go back to the hospital and discuss her birth. In fact, she SHOULD. Because putting this online probably feels therapeutic for her in the moment but, as per usual, it's triggering for some people. Go talk to a professional!

Birth is wildly unpredictable. You can have all the plans in place but unfortunately things change on a dime. I feel like other options and methods could have been discussed at a previous antenatal appointment eg forceps/vacuum/section and under what circumstances they'd be used, but Melanie blocked it all out as she couldn't possibly go down that road as hers was to be a completely nattuuuurrraaaallll birth.

Either way, buckle up peeps it's gonna be a long pregnancy 🤦🏻‍♀️

She's literally arguing with people under her latest post. Has she nothing better to be doing? I don't know in the hours she's spent arguing she could -leave the house with her child for once in her life??

Instead she's on IG all day writing passive aggressive messages about how much of a better mother she is than literally anyone else. She's a misery.

• Wow
  • Sad
She's literally arguing with people under her latest post. Has she nothing better to be doing? I don't know in the hours she's spent arguing she could -leave the house with her child for once in her life??am
Instead she's on IG all day writing passive aggressive messages about how much of a better mother she is than literally anyone else. She's a misery.
Damn @Dearreader I had to delve in 😂

MELANIE, STOP SPEAKING ON BEHALF OF OTHER MOTHERS

Sleep training is hard on mothers because it goes against their primal instincts?? Get the fuckin boat 😂 personally, we hadn't slept in MONTHS baby included, my primal instincts told me we were all gonna die of sleep deprivation if something didn't change😅

Why hasn't she stated that weaning pan off the boob is going against primal instincts?? Oh right, it doesn't go with her narrative

• Heart
Everything she does is primal and natural and obvs everyone else would be doing the same thing if they could and weren’t constrained by GloBAl CapITAlisM ( Jim Corr in a housecoat is back again). She says she needed to night wean because it was all getting too much for her, all the hard work of having one child and f*ck all work, but has said constantly that it’s so much easier and natural to have the baby use her as a pacifier.

She’s talking out both sides of her mouth. Its 100 percent wonderful until it gets slightly hard and then her head spinning U-turns are exactly what she wanted all the time. For a woman that can’t take criticism she loves to pass judgement on other peoples parenting.

She can’t see the irony of playing earth mother and angelic “gentle parent” in her 600 grand doer-upper of a house with Thomas and Daddy Paul as the live in staff.🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.