Melanie Murphy #17 The first woman ever to have ever been pregnant. Ever.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Regarding her wee story share about being ‘policed’ unfairly, personally I think that sharing dangerous misinformation during a pandemic, especially about the vaccine, should be met with your career being destroyed and you getting publicly humiliated 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Absolutely. If you play stupid games you win stupid prizes. She can share all the pseudo pyschobabble she wants she acted like a brat.

Reactions: 12
God if she does all the walls dark green that office is going to be awful! So dark and it will make it feel small. I have a tiny single room that I want to turn in to an office for my WFH days and I am going for light and bright.

Although she probably won't spend 36 hours a week there for work so it will just feel like a novelty every time she pops in

Reactions: 1
Why can she not just go on a day out without highlighting how much of a martyr she is? “ My husband tells me to have” some me time? Why is she dependant on Thomas to “allow”her to go out of the house on her own? Being a stay at home parent does not mean you have to be locked in the house? It’s a weird weird setup, and such retrograde language from a vlogger who’s whole flex was how edgy modern and self determined she was.

And let’s not start on the “now he’s nearly two he’s so securely attached” narrative. You are not causing psychological harm to your child if you leave them for a few hours during the day Melanie. Shes ridiculous. It’s some kinda of weird obsessive controlling behaviour to control access to the child in such a way that it limits his fathers time with him one on one. By the sounds of it she only considers “secure attachment” to be between her and the child, and disregards the child’s attachment to the other caregivers in the house. It’s a very anxious attachment if anything, anxious on her part.
I think she's afraid to spend any time alone with the child and certainly wouldn't take him out shopping etc on her own .

Reactions: 5
God if she does all the walls dark green that office is going to be awful! So dark and it will make it feel small. I have a tiny single room that I want to turn in to an office for my WFH days and I am going for light and bright.

Although she probably won't spend 36 hours a week there for work so it will just feel like a novelty every time she pops in
Her aesthetic is giving me “pool table in a pub” vibes 😂 With all the dark wood, red and green..

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Indeed, she resents him already now for travelling for work - that’s only going to accelerate x10 when she’s got a baby on the boob non-stop and a crying toddler. They both think they can have their cake and eat it too (have their dream careers and multiple small children) but they are biting off more than they can chew. I think she’ll start getting really aggressive when she feels like she’s getting the sharp end of the stick.
Yup and she won't even be able to blame alcohol for her bad behaviour this time

So we used an app to track sleep and feeds pretty much right away for wake windows etc. It made my life so much easier and could plan around her naps etc as she got older. It was scary accurate as well with regards to wake windows, so it would suggest a nap at a certain time as baby would likely be tired and sure enough bang on cue she was out like a light 🤣 loved it. I think as a scared first time mum during the pandemic with very little help (me not Mel as she had an entire team of help) it helped me stay sane tbh.
I genuinely don't know how she's going to cope with two small children and renovations. She wants to be pregnant because its all about her and an excuse to be lazy but the reality that comes afterwards she's not thought of at all.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Yup and she won't even be able to blame alcohol for her bad behaviour this time

So we used an app to track sleep and feeds pretty much right away for wake windows etc. It made my life so much easier and could plan around her naps etc as she got older. It was scary accurate as well with regards to wake windows, so it would suggest a nap at a certain time as baby would likely be tired and sure enough bang on cue she was out like a light 🤣 loved it. I think as a scared first time mum during the pandemic with very little help (me not Mel as she had an entire team of help) it helped me stay sane tbh.
I genuinely don't know how she's going to cope with two small children and renovations. She wants to be pregnant because its all about her and an excuse to be lazy but the reality that comes afterwards she's not thought of at all.
Which app did u use ?

i really dislike the way Mel always talk about shielding her child and future child online, however she uses both the child and the pregnancy in sponsored content. isn't this really hypocritical? is the child earning money for this? isnt posting ultrasound pictures and pictures of yourself pregnant in your underwear somehow exploiting your child for content? just because you poorly blur out your childs face, but still mention him in the majority of your post, doesn't mean you're not exploiting him? is it just me being too critical?

• Heart
Reactions: 28
i really dislike the way Mel always talk about shielding her child and future child online, however she uses both the child and the pregnancy in sponsored content. isn't this really hypocritical? is the child earning money for this? isnt posting ultrasound pictures and pictures of yourself pregnant in your underwear somehow exploiting your child for content? just because you poorly blur out your childs face, but still mention him in the majority of your post, doesn't mean you're not exploiting him? is it just me being too critical?
No you’re right. Influencers seem to think that not forcing their child to perform for the camera is the same as not exploiting their child.

Melanie has taken videos of her child swatting in a corner to tit and posted it on her stories to over 100k people, just because she doesn’t make money from stories doesn’t mean it’s not exploitation.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Which app did u use ?
Huckleberry. It has something called a sweet spot feature which is for naps. It used to be free but I think you need to pay for it now. 100% worth it in my opinion. If we have any more kids I'll definitely be using it again.

Reactions: 3
Huckleberry. It has something called a sweet spot feature which is for naps. It used to be free but I think you need to pay for it now. 100% worth it in my opinion. If we have any more kids I'll definitely be using it again.
Totally agree!

B5F98AF6-68ED-43AD-B9EF-DB37EBFF1E67.jpeg
No one explained her anything, yeah, sure. She said herself the baby was in a certain position that it was hard for him to come out

• Angry
Reactions: 9
I know she has every right to be upset about the way her birth went but I’ve been in labour myself and sometimes it is quick and rushed. Sometimes there isn’t time to carefully explain what is happening and what they’re going to do. They have to try and preserve life and if something went fatally wrong they would be dragged through the coals if they hadn’t done something they should have.

Reactions: 14
Indeed. It’s been said many times before but risk assessment and mitigation in birth is very tricky, it takes years experience and of training to spot potential issues that *could* become life-threatening within a matter of minutes (if not seconds). Also, when action does have to be taken quickly they often don’t go into details in order not to put the woman into a state of panic. Sure it’s scary, I’ve been there myself (so have many of us on here) but ultimately the actions are taken to ensure safe delivery. Of course, sometimes the measures turn out to have been one of over-caution (I had that myself, an aggressive course of antibiotics for me and baby that weren’t actually necessary) but better that than serious complications or death.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Give me bleeping strength. She felt nothing in that specific area because she had pain relief!!

IMG_20220703_092822.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.