Melanie Murphy #17 The first woman ever to have ever been pregnant. Ever.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even though I really dislike the way Mel wants to portray herself as an all sacrificing mother, if you haven't had a baby you don't understand how time consuming it is to feed a baby (especially if you're breastfeeding) the first couple of months. So I don't think *only* feeding the baby is the correct way of phrasing it. You also have to remember that you have to recover from your birth while being sleep deprived since the baby is supposed to be fed every 2-3 hours for up to 1 hour at a time. What Thomas was doing was the bare minimum to be fair. When me and my partner had our first baby he did plenty more, so I could focus on feeding the baby. It is harder than you think!
Nobody said it was easy, only her ! she had everything to a T with her app and sleep solution book,even allotting a newborn leisure time 😂

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Having a whiteboard/ schedule for a newborn?
Not necessarily a whiteboard, but a schedule yes. People tend to use apps to track the baby's rhytm at first, so they can make a schedule that fits with the baby's needs (which are most likely different then your own). Having a schedule makes things more predictable for the baby as well, so there is less fuss. We have done it with all our children and it has worked like a charm. Using apps like Huckeberry to log eating, sleeping etc. is really helpful. Not only do you know if they are eating and sleeping enough, but when you go to visit the hospital/doctor for check-ups on the baby you have a greater overview. These things are quite hard to remember when you're in a foggy sleep deprived state.

Reactions: 2
Not necessarily a whiteboard, but a schedule yes. People tend to use apps to track the baby's rhytm at first, so they can make a schedule that fits with the baby's needs (which are most likely different then your own). Having a schedule makes things more predictable for the baby as well, so there is less fuss. We have done it with all our children and it has worked like a charm. Using apps like Huckeberry to log eating, sleeping etc. is really helpful. Not only do you know if they are eating and sleeping enough, but when you go to visit the hospital/doctor for check-ups on the baby you have a greater overview. These things are quite hard to remember when you're in a foggy sleep deprived state.
I've never known a newborn to follow a schedule ,they eat, sleep and thrive at their own pace, but that's great if you found it helpful.

Reactions: 9
I've never known a newborn to follow a schedule ,they eat, sleep and thrive at their own pace, but that's great if you found it helpful.
It's the baby's schedule, based on their needs, not necessarily a specific time. Ultimately the baby will do whatever they want, but the older the baby gets the easier it gets if you have a schedule. In my experience babies in general love routine. So the earlier you start, the easier it gets.

Reactions: 4
It's the baby's schedule, based on their needs, not necessarily a specific time. Ultimately the baby will do whatever they want, but the older the baby gets the easier it gets if you have a schedule. In my experience babies in general love routine. So the earlier you start, the easier it gets.
Yeah of course but that comes anyway, you don’t need an app it’s all part of reading their want’s and needs, nobody knows your child like you do.

In the podcast Mel’s worried incase the child has an English accent because his toy’s speak the queen’s English and not an Irish brogue 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Yeah of course but that comes anyway, you don’t need an app it’s all part of reading their want’s and needs, nobody knows your child like you do.

In the podcast Mel’s worried incase the child has an English accent because his toy’s speak the queen’s English and not an Irish brogue 🤦🏻‍♀️😂
I think you've misunderstood, but I am glad you can speak for everyone and what works for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I think you've misunderstood, but I am glad you can speak for everyone and what works for them.
Only for myself, like I already said it’s great you found it helpful…Babies have been raised for centuries without apps I just don’t believe in them.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Most people just fall into these routines. They don't write it all out. Your not daft like you can remember that baby usually naps at x and y time. That baby feeds at x,y,z time. Nobody is saying don't have routine but I think it would be quite unusual for your memory to be so bad that you can't remember what time your baby usually sleeps at? Perhaps it's a type A personality thing to log every thing your baby does whereas more laid back people just trust their instincts and go with the flow?

Reactions: 6
Nobody said it was easy, only her ! she had everything to a T with her app and sleep solution book,even allotting a newborn leisure time 😂
Just looking at that schedule makes me feel anxious

Reactions: 11
Just looking at that schedule makes me feel anxious
I think if you get a couple of hours unbroken sleep with a newborn you're winning at life 😂

Will she be saying the same thing once he starts school and separation anxiety kicks in 🤷🏼‍♀️ Does she think he’ll forget her if she spends time away from him 🤔

Letting them build independence is just as important as security.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Even though I really dislike the way Mel wants to portray herself as an all sacrificing mother, if you haven't had a baby you don't understand how time consuming it is to feed a baby (especially if you're breastfeeding) the first couple of months. So I don't think *only* feeding the baby is the correct way of phrasing it. You also have to remember that you have to recover from your birth while being sleep deprived since the baby is supposed to be fed every 2-3 hours for up to 1 hour at a time. What Thomas was doing was the bare minimum to be fair. When me and my partner had our first baby he did plenty more, so I could focus on feeding the baby. It is harder than you think!
Melanie complained that she would be up literally every 2 hours for months with the baby, then be up at 6 while Thomas would lie in until 10 or 11. He really is useless.
Him opening the door and interrupting her video to make her change a nappy was the final straw for me.

• Heart
  • Wow
Melanie complained that she would be up literally every 2 hours for months with the baby, then be up at 6 while Thomas would lie in until 10 or 11. He really is useless.
Him opening the door and interrupting her video to make her change a nappy was the final straw for me.
Not according to her postcast ,he completely took over everything she would've lost without him . Tbf he did seem to do a lot on the vids at the time.From 47 mins on the podcast she talks about Thomas's involvement .

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Martyr Mel wouldn't pump or let anyone bottle-feed and complained she had to do it all.

Cut to now she's at home all day everyday, barely leaves the house. Doesn't do basic tasks and waits for husband to get home to be remotely functional.

She's no victim she does duck all.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Sorry but she got those beautiful floors in and they are painting after they got them in it doesn't make any sense to do it that way....

• Heart
Why can she not just go on a day out without highlighting how much of a martyr she is? “ My husband tells me to have” some me time? Why is she dependant on Thomas to “allow”her to go out of the house on her own? Being a stay at home parent does not mean you have to be locked in the house? It’s a weird weird setup, and such retrograde language from a vlogger who’s whole flex was how edgy modern and self determined she was.

And let’s not start on the “now he’s nearly two he’s so securely attached” narrative. You are not causing psychological harm to your child if you leave them for a few hours during the day Melanie. Shes ridiculous. It’s some kinda of weird obsessive controlling behaviour to control access to the child in such a way that it limits his fathers time with him one on one. By the sounds of it she only considers “secure attachment” to be between her and the child, and disregards the child’s attachment to the other caregivers in the house. It’s a very anxious attachment if anything, anxious on her part.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Martyr Mel wouldn't pump or let anyone bottle-feed and complained she had to do it all.

Cut to now she's at home all day everyday, barely leaves the house. Doesn't do basic tasks and waits for husband to get home to be remotely functional.

She's no victim she does duck all.
She did let him try for a day or two until he started taking the baby downstairs to the in-laws to feed him , attachment parenting doesn’t allow for that lol.

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Sorry now but the puce ceilings are enough to give me a migraine....but paired with dark green walls?! What the actual duck. The sis in law has to be trolling her 😅

• Haha
Sorry now but the puce ceilings are enough to give me a migraine....but paired with dark green walls?! What the actual duck. The sis in law has to be trolling her 😅
Wait till she starts filling the tiny dark room with the furniture other people couldn’t fit in a skip. She’s never going to be in there anyways. Am office is a complete waste of a room when you don’t do any work. It’ll just be the room she stores the hoover in.

I just can’t understand why it is taking her this long either. The electrics are done all that’s left really is some minor repairs to the walls and paint. You could do it in an afternoon, move the furniture in and have a workable room to video in. It has been 6 months for this office kit out and it’s still not finished.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.