Melanie Murphy #14 Sale agreed on a gaff needs another reason to faff, Next rant-implants

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
but her mates will have to pay to stay either in the wee huts in the woods or somewhere else in Tinaheely where the venue is.
Curious how many people are invited and how big of a wedding it'll be as she doesn't seem to have many, if any actual friends

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Shame her sock puppets aren’t actual people who can attend! Lol
Thomas will keep having to go into the bathroom and come out with a different disguise on 😂

Speaking of sock puppets god that Q&A.
Yeah I can’t believe he had to ‘resort to long haul’ to make a full wage the poor lamb. What’s next?! Hospitality workers having to do weekends?!
And as if she’s one of those arseholes who goes around blasting music from her phone, is she actually 14.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
So, Melanie posted a screenshot of her new book.

Trigger warning for discussion of suicide in the screenshot and below.
The wording a character uses about losing someone to suicide is reminiscent of this video Anna Akana (YouTuber) made about the subject and losing her sister.

I can't tell if I'm being over sensitive because of the subject matter and maybe those are obvious sentiments.

Or did Mel do her research by typing 'videos about suicide' into YouTube. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 8

The wording a character uses about losing someone to suicide is reminiscent of this video Anna Akana (YouTuber) made about the subject and losing her sister.

I can't tell if I'm being over sensitive because of the subject matter and maybe those are obvious sentiments.

Came here to comment on this. She goes on and on about how the pandemic is bad for the mental health of people and how it's overlooked. How she doesn't follow the news because it gets too much. She will go and delete comments because they mention the vaccine and justify it with the fact that discussion of this topic could be a trigger to some and she wants her page to be a "safe space". Yet she has absolutely no regard for the mental health of others when it comes to posting things without trigger warnings. She has been called out by followers multiple times when posting triggering content and asked, very politely, to include trigger warnings (especially ED). And she always responds that she will do in the future and then never does.

And then this? Do you really have to choose a page from your book that's discussing something this traumatic? It doesn't sound like the whole book revolves around these topics. This, to me, just shows how little regard she actually has for the mental health of those reading this. Jesus Christ. It's not the first time she posted about this topic either without a trigger warning.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Came here to comment on this. She goes on and on about how the pandemic is bad for the mental health of people and how it's overlooked. How she doesn't follow the news because it gets too much. She will go and delete comments because they mention the vaccine and justify it with the fact that discussion of this topic could be a trigger to some and she wants her page to be a "safe space". Yet she has absolutely no regard for the mental health of others when it comes to posting things without trigger warnings. She has been called out by followers multiple times when posting triggering content and asked, very politely, to include trigger warnings (especially ED). And she always responds that she will do in the future and then never does.

And then this? Do you really have to choose a page from your book that's discussing something this traumatic? It doesn't sound like the whole book revolves around these topics. This, to me, just shows how little regard she actually has for the mental health of those reading this. Jesus Christ. It's not the first time she posted about this topic either without a trigger warning.
I was just thinking the same about lack of trigger warning by Mel. Or she could have at least acknowledged the subject and linked to mental health support resources etc.

But no acknowledgement at all. I think she just thinks she's written this amazing page of writing and wants to show it off.

Just. Ugh.

Reactions: 7
Yeah, poor Thomas had to resort to that option to get a full wage, it’s not a min wage, it’s a decent wage and between the two of them, they earn a decent living. She never stop whining though, nothing is ever good enough.

Reactions: 5
Apart from the lack of trigger warning, which I agree is insensitive as per usual, this writing honestly comes across as drivel. To think… this is *post* editing too, god knows what the original text was like. It seems - to me at least - to be strangely jumbled. Like she’s trying far too hard to insert imagery in order to make the text more “emotional” even when it isn’t called for. Let’s have a moment of silence for the poor sod who had to read all of this and cut out all the excessive descriptions.
Are people really going to buy this? I get the novelty factor of her first books, but this gravy train will come to a halt soon. I just can’t see the substance there.

Reactions: 18

It's mad how that section is pretty much word for word what's in Anna's video. And it's clear from Anna's video that she was really going through it at the time. Feels like she should somehow be referenced in the book to say thanks, or should have been asked. That video was designed for people who had emailed Anna asking about committing suicide, and to tell people how their suicide impacts everyone around them, not for some youtuber to go and swipe it for a paragraph in her non fiction novel. Jeez show some respect Mel!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It's mad how that section is pretty much word for word what's in Anna's video. And it's clear from Anna's video that she was really going through it at the time. Feels like she should somehow be referenced in the book to say thanks, or should have been asked. That video was designed for people who had emailed Anna asking about committing suicide, and to tell people how their suicide impacts everyone around them, not for some youtuber to go and swipe it for a paragraph in her non fiction novel. Jeez show some respect Mel!
Anna who? ☺

Reactions: 1
Anna who? ☺
Anna Akana, the video was shown in another post further up that I quoted and is below:

Reactions: 2
You’re right! Can confirm… that’s definitely where she got the descriptions from, jaysus.

Reactions: 3
Can you share the video title?
This, here: it’s her video, “please don’t kill yourself” - with 3.7 million views from 8 years ago. It’s one of her most viewed videos.

Note: I don’t reccomend anyone who’s reading here and going through a hard time jump down this rabbit hole. It’s pretty heavy stuff.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 7

Can we also comment on the fact that Tadhg is spelled wrong

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Oh my god. It is word for word what that girl said? Just when you think she can't go lower, she word for word takes this poor girls experience and adds it to her book. Pity she didn't take heed to the part about not filming yourself crying, editing it, exporting it, uploading it & putting it on the internet

Reactions: 8
Is plagiarism not a big no no in publishing? It’s an incredibly stupid thing to do when it could end up with the book being pulled at a later point.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.