Melanie Murphy #14 Sale agreed on a gaff needs another reason to faff, Next rant-implants

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m surprised she’s sharing so much about her wedding venue. Most influencers keep it quiet so they can have the big reveal. And for privacy.

Reactions: 7
I’m surprised she’s sharing so much about her wedding venue. Most influencers keep it quiet so they can have the big reveal. And for privacy.
The only thing she hasn't shared is the date. Which I'm sure she'll let slip eventually 🤦‍♀️ I don't actually believe she cares about privacy. She'd share everything if she didn't have a partners input

Reactions: 8
I'm shocked they have it for 4 days? How much are they paying!
I got married there. We had it Friday to Monday morning, so maybe that’s why she’s saying 4 days. Like checking out is Monday morning ya know, but she obviously wants to make it sound more expensive. It’s Ballybeg House if anyone wants to take a look. It’s not like some secret exclusive venue, they just don’t advertise!!

Definitely gifted or heavily, heavily discounted. I don’t believe for a second she’s paid full rate.

I'm shocked they have it for 4 days? How much are they paying!
From her monthly vlogs when they were looking, it seemed implied that you had to book the plane out for that many nights (could be wrong on that though?)

What struck me as weird was that they kept justifying the cost of it by saying ‘when you split the cost over 4 nights, it’s really good value…’. Zero judgement at all for anyone having a 4-day wedding (I’ve done it for my best friends before and it’s always been an absolute blast), but don’t pretend like having a 4-day affair is a financially sensible decision. Just admit you want to make a big weekend out of it, accept the cost, and don’t pretend like you’re being smarter for spreading out the cost. It bugs me so much how the pair of them always have to believe they’re the smartest in the room.

I got married there. We had it Friday to Monday morning, so maybe that’s why she’s saying 4 days. Like checking out is Monday morning ya know, but she obviously wants to make it sound more expensive. It’s Ballybeg House if anyone wants to take a look. It’s not like some secret exclusive venue, they just don’t advertise!!
It does look like a beautiful venue! And if I thought my friends and family would take advantage, I’d 100% be looking there.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
From her monthly vlogs when they were looking, it seemed implied that you had to book the plane out for that many nights (could be wrong on that though?)

What struck me as weird was that they kept justifying the cost of it by saying ‘when you split the cost over 4 nights, it’s really good value…’. Zero judgement at all for anyone having a 4-day wedding (I’ve done it for my best friends before and it’s always been an absolute blast), but don’t pretend like having a 4-day affair is a financially sensible decision. Just admit you want to make a big weekend out of it, accept the cost, and don’t pretend like you’re being smarter for spreading out the cost. It bugs me so much how the pair of them always have to believe they’re the smartest in the room.

It does look like a beautiful venue! And if I thought my friends and family would take advantage, I’d 100% be looking there.
Agreed!! She's desperately trying to justify it. Just say you want to have a 4 day blow out?! Whatever the price it ain't gonna be as cheap as a one night do, let's be realistic.

I bet they're one of those couples who say "sure it'll be great for our friends, it can be a holiday for them 😍"

LOLOLOLOLOLOL I adore my friends but unless I won the lotto it'd be a stretch for me to go to a wedding for 4 days, even (especially) in Ireland!!!! The price as a guest would be extortionate taking everything into account - acommodation/travel/childminder/outfits/ drinks/gift/time off work etc

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Definitely gifted or heavily, heavily discounted. I don’t believe for a second she’s paid full rate.

Anyone remember she had a wedding website - one of her requests was monetary donations instead of gifts to "help pay for their own house".. They would have some neck to get it gifted/heavy discount and then on top of it all make money from guests as "gifts"

• Sick
Reactions: 9
Anyone remember she had a wedding website - one of her requests was monetary donations instead of gifts to "help pay for their own house".. They would have some neck to get it gifted/heavy discount and then on top of it all make money from guests as "gifts"
She has more front than blackpool, I have no problem believing that’s what they would do.

• Sick
What does she mean by ‘we never thoughts we’d get to have a big day’ in regards to their wedding… after they had to cancel due to covid, wasn’t it always the plan to have the big ceremony a couple of years down the line? Why’s she making it sound like this is a lucky turn of events now?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Guess she’s getting married in March lol
Yeah, massively dropping hints. When they first wanted to have the 'big day' in 2020 she was keeping everything very hush hush. Since she's hinting at March, anyone wanna bet it'll be on their second wedding anniversary?

im calling it now it’ll be Paddy’s weekend. She’s SO Irish, you know.
I think you're on to something. Wasn't their registry office wedding on St. Patrick's Day?

Reactions: 8

Im surprised anyone would actually care enough now to attend they’ve been married for well over a year now. No one cares at this point to attend a party for a wedding 2 years after you’ve been married. They probably could have gotten a good bit of money back if not all the money. I know she’s said they couldn’t get their money back which tbh I don't believe her because I know many people have had weddings cancelled over the last year or so and where able to get all if not most of the money back

Reactions: 10
Im surprised anyone would actually care enough now to attend they’ve been married for well over a year now. No one cares at this point to attend a party for a wedding 2 years after you’ve been married.
Agreed. Maybe it's just me but it seems like kind of a cashgrab to have a huge 4-day wedding celebration when they're already married, why not just have a cute backyard wedding in their new place? I don't get why they didn't just postpone in 2020 if this is what they really wanted all along. She seems to want a wedding more than an actual marriage.

Reactions: 12
Agreed. Maybe it's just me but it seems like kind of a cashgrab to have a huge 4-day wedding celebration when they're already married, why not just have a cute backyard wedding in their new place? I don't get why they didn't just postpone in 2020 if this is what they really wanted all along. She seems to want a wedding more than an actual marriage.
Because despite all of her best efforts to pretend to be liberal, she couldn't possibly have a baby not married. No postponement and living in sin for Melly.

Reactions: 9
I think she mentioned that they couldn't get back their money for the venue because they had to cancel on such short notice in 2020 and so they decided to just have it another time. I honestly think that if I was out almost twenty thousand euros either way, I would do it as well to be honest. 🙈🙈🙈

I checked the website of the venue and it seems like their minimum stay for weddings is 3 days, so it was always going to be a big, and most of all long, wedding celebration with people spending a lot of time together in big groups. The venue suggests about 100 guests for the day of the wedding and 50 for the next day celebration. All the more shocking how long they waited to cancel it back in 2020, imo. Wedding packages include sleeping accomodations for about 16 people or something like that. And extra sleeping arrangement can be booked separately.

Will be interesting to see how all of this pans out. The venue looks great, I have to admit.

Reactions: 4
It’s a pretty chill aff
I think she mentioned that they couldn't get back their money for the venue because they had to cancel on such short notice in 2020 and so they decided to just have it another time. I honestly think that if I was out almost twenty thousand euros either way, I would do it as well to be honest. 🙈🙈🙈

I checked the website of the venue and it seems like their minimum stay for weddings is 3 days, so it was always going to be a big, and most of all long, wedding celebration with people spending a lot of time together in big groups. The venue suggests about 100 guests for the day of the wedding and 50 for the next day celebration. All the more shocking how long they waited to cancel it back in 2020, imo. Wedding packages include sleeping accomodations for about 16 people or something like that. And extra sleeping arrangement can be booked separately.

Will be interesting to see how all of this pans out. The venue looks great, I have to admit.

So I got married there back in 2019, husband and I arrived Thursday evening, then close family and friends came on Friday for a casual evening meal, Saturday was the wedding, and then Sunday was a BBQ with a trad session in their Shebeen style pub. Close family will stay in the on site house or dairy, but her mates will have to pay to stay either in the wee huts in the woods or somewhere else in Tinaheely where the venue is.

She's also spending a good bit more than 20 grand. It's an absolutely incredible venue though. But it would definitely feel like overkill if we had already been married for a year....!

Reactions: 3
Im surprised anyone would actually care enough now to attend they’ve been married for well over a year now. No one cares at this point to attend a party for a wedding 2 years after you’ve been married. They probably could have gotten a good bit of money back if not all the money. I know she’s said they couldn’t get their money back which tbh I don't believe her because I know many people have had weddings cancelled over the last year or so and where able to get all if not most of the money back
I was fortunate to get the full deposit back from our venue for our cancelled 2020 wedding but I’ve heard mixed stories. I’ve heard of venues refusing to give refunds but honouring a change of date. So they could well be out of money.

We’ve toyed with the idea of doing a party a year later to mark it but it definitely wouldn’t be 4 days. That’s just too much money and energy for guests. Then again, if they’re stuck they might as well go ahead 💁‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.