Melanie Murphy #14 Sale agreed on a gaff needs another reason to faff, Next rant-implants

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So much this. Melanie is a has been youtuber with an average of 30,000 views per (infrequently released) video. She may have had money from her book deal, but only enough to secure a deposit on a mortgage I'd say. She's gifted items but has no substantial sponsorships anymore, was dropped by fabletics, and has no steady income. This is all being bankrolled by Thomas and his parents I'd say
I agree I’d say his parents probably paid for a good portion. Melanie makes no where near what she makes out you just have to look at her socials and YouTube views to see that

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Anna Edit makes 500k pounds a year.
Melanie could make a quarter of that on the years she got her book deals. Obviously ridiculous amount of money which is much harder to make in many other lines of work, but the world is unfair and a moron like Mel could make a lot of money.

Reactions: 1
She doesn't have that many sponsors, but I reckon that is where her big money comes in. Each sponsored post is probably a couple of grand for her, a bit less for a story. I doubt her youtube is making her that much money now though with infrequent posting and lower views. Socialblade is estimating £30-478 for the past month. Gone are the days of easy ad money from YouTube!

Reactions: 2
I don't even want to speculate on whether or not she makes the money she shows in the video. I think it's hard to gauge as, like she rightfully says in her video (I will give her that), the whole influencer world is so hush hush about money in a lot of ways and it makes it hard to understand how much money is the norm. So I will just believe that these are her real earnings.
If these are the real numbers, this makes her complaining about being "stuck" in a situation and blaming it on Covid all the more disingenuous, imo. Her and Thomas have painted themselves as victims of the housing crisis in Ireland saying that they have to live in an attic because of Covid. (They moved in there beforehand, but hey who's keeping score, right?) When during all of this time, from the looks of it, Melanie alone earned a decent enough income and he earned significantly less than expected but still a fair amount. There hasn't been a month during covid, I'd reckon, they haven't gotten paid. Unlike so many others during this pandemic. Add to that the fact that they lived with his family, so expenses would have been low. And yet Melanie painted a dreary picture of how hard it all was on them financially and how impossible.
She says she is aware that she's really lucky and in a good position financially in this vidro, yet over the last year and a half she complained a ton about their financial hardship. Pointing out Thomas's student loans etc etc.
There are ways to point out things like the housing without the "poor little me" spiel, when this is the financial situation. How terrified should normal earning people be then if someone with this kind of income is struggling to get a house or even get by?
I am glad that they got the house they wanted. I really am. Also because the prospect of a couple, with one partner earning the salary of a pilot and the other one earning the amount she specifies in the video, not being able to achieve this would be quite haunting to be perfectly honest. 😅

Reactions: 13
I don't even want to speculate on whether or not she makes the money she shows in the video. I think it's hard to gauge as, like she rightfully says in her video (I will give her that), the whole influencer world is so hush hush about money in a lot of ways and it makes it hard to understand how much money is the norm. So I will just believe that these are her real earnings.
If these are the real numbers, this makes her complaining about being "stuck" in a situation and blaming it on Covid all the more disingenuous, imo. Her and Thomas have painted themselves as victims of the housing crisis in Ireland saying that they have to live in an attic because of Covid. (They moved in there beforehand, but hey who's keeping score, right?) When during all of this time, from the looks of it, Melanie alone earned a decent enough income and he earned significantly less than expected but still a fair amount. There hasn't been a month during covid, I'd reckon, they haven't gotten paid. Unlike so many others during this pandemic. Add to that the fact that they lived with his family, so expenses would have been low. And yet Melanie painted a dreary picture of how hard it all was on them financially and how impossible.
She says she is aware that she's really lucky and in a good position financially in this vidro, yet over the last year and a half she complained a ton about their financial hardship. Pointing out Thomas's student loans etc etc.
There are ways to point out things like the housing without the "poor little me" spiel, when this is the financial situation. How terrified should normal earning people be then if someone with this kind of income is struggling to get a house or even get by?
I am glad that they got the house they wanted. I really am. Also because the prospect of a couple, with one partner earning the salary of a pilot and the other one earning the amount she specifies in the video, not being able to achieve this would be quite haunting to be perfectly honest. 😅
Was it in her last video?
yes, from her whinging you’d think they were starving in the attic being able to afford only potato waffles.

Reactions: 4
I just watched her last stories and she gives me the vibe of someone dirty and unclean. Just from her appearance. Maybe it's because she was working out and my f*ed up brain added the smell of sweat on top of the images?

• Heart
I just watched her last stories and she gives me the vibe of someone dirty and unclean. Just from her appearance. Maybe it's because she was working out and my f*ed up brain added the smell of sweat on top of the images?
As someone said she posted a photo with a brown stain on the blanket recently. We’ve seen her dirty bras and messy room. Also I really think a lot of people do not want to know details of her and Thomas’s sex life. Neither seeing her boobs as much as she likes to show them. Yes, we are adults and it’s normal to talk about sex but I doubt people want to what they are doing in particular

• Heart
I definitely agree about the money thing - it’s crazy how much money companies chuck at influencers. My hairdresser is an influencer on her personal profile and she only has about 30k followers, and she got a few thousand pounds just for one post on her page. It’s so interesting, I’d actually love to see the accounting of some of these people!

I definitely agree about the money thing - it’s crazy how much money companies chuck at influencers. My hairdresser is an influencer on her personal profile and she only has about 30k followers, and she got a few thousand pounds just for one post on her page. It’s so interesting, I’d actually love to see the accounting of some of these people!
i think some people deserve good money. To be a good hairdresser you need actual skill and if you can make a business out of it you absolutely should. It’s ridiculous the money influencers get for holding a product at the camera and saying “this is nice” and nothing else.

Reactions: 12
So she said in the video that owners are still living in the house they are buying, the one referenced above is not currently occupied according to the description. But she did say the house requires renovation and the especially the bathrooms.
This one has a few things added to it and has a front and back garden

i think some people deserve good money. To be a good hairdresser you need actual skill and if you can make a business out of it you absolutely should. It’s ridiculous the money influencers get for holding a product at the camera and saying “this is nice” and nothing else.
Oh yes deffo, some influencers/creators put loads of effort into their content and others are offering genuinely helpful advice, info, all sorts. Just so crazy to me how much money people can earn from it!

exactly a hairdresser at least provides some professional service unlike Mel

Yeah I agree, I had more been meaning it in the sense of someone with only 30k is getting paid thousands so Melanie probably does get quite a lot of money for sponsors!

Yeah.. posting a photo with a banana in the name of “content” and influencing.. doesn’t deserve this amount of money 🙄

• Haha
How can Melanie post this bullshit and take herself seriously? We’ve seen you dangle feeding your child and your boobs all over social media. I think he’ll be more bothered about that to be honest. She’s so self righteous because she (sometimes) covers his face with an emoji. Just don’t post anything at all, you uppity mammy blogger.

4630C06B-96DD-4DD7-A9B9-5CD17229357A.png

Reactions: 11
So she said in the video that owners are still living in the house they are buying, the one referenced above is not currently occupied according to the description. But she did say the house requires renovation and the especially the bathrooms.
This one also mentions a walk in wardrobe. Lots of potential here but I think she's going to struggle hugely renovating all that while Baldy isn't even living at home full time...

Reactions: 3
In her last photo her coat looks way too similar to her house coat. I was wondering what is doing at some venue in her house coat

I might be in the minority here but that kitchen is gorgeous 😍 those floor tiles!
It’s a pisstake that ‘poor old me’ Mel can afford that though, from doing sweet FA.

• Heart
In her last photo her coat looks way too similar to her house coat. I was wondering what is doing at some venue in her house coat
I thought the same!! I thought Thomas’ family had a really fancy tree and she was at home in her dressing gown 🤣

• Haha
Haha snap. It took me a good minute to realise it was a coat. I was trying to figure out what her standing around in her dressing gown had to do with meetings.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.