Melanie Murphy #14 Sale agreed on a gaff needs another reason to faff, Next rant-implants

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She commented on crazy house prices post she is closing on her house in January (15th)
I can't believe after all her moaning she got her house so quickly šŸ¤£

Also, in her story about the smoothies she says there is no slims restaurant in Ireland but she's in Belfast..... I'm from Dublin but if I was up in Belfast I wouldn't imply I'm not in Ireland. I know this will be controversial but what do people think about that?

Reactions: 13
She commented on crazy house prices post she is closing on her house in January (15th)

Also, in her story about the smoothies she says there is no slims restaurant in Ireland but she's in Belfast..... I'm from Dublin but if I was up in Belfast I wouldn't imply I'm not in Ireland. I know this will be controversial but what do people think about that?
If sheā€™s only singing the docs in January, the house might be not showing up as sale agreed yet. Any agreements until then are pretty much a handshake, you can pull out any time.
That smoothie looked and sounded like a regular smoothie, I doubt she couldnā€™t get something like that in Dublin

Reactions: 1
Here, maybe Iā€™m missing something but WHAT is with Melā€™s sudden obsession with Sex and the City? Sheā€™s constantly referencing how much this show got her through loife goise, was there for her at her lowest & how she has ALWAYS wanted to live in NYC, have Jimmy Choos and a walk-in wardrobe. Liiiiike, okay? I donā€™t remember her going on about the show this much but then again weā€™re talking about a girl who changes her personality at the drop of a hat depending which way the wind blows.

It just smacks of immaturity and cringe to me. SATC is a decent enough show but this adulation of the very unrealistic lifestyle portrayed in it just reminds me of being 19. Sheā€™s def trying to be some Carrie type with the whole writer girl thing.

Also, the manifestation/ vision board schtick is def justā€¦.. a reach. Stop trying to act like some mystical guru Mel, youā€™re just jumping on the latest trend.
She's obsessed with SATC because its the lifestyle she always really wanted. Now she's stuck in a conventional, very stereotypical Irish Catholic marriage and children. Now she's realizing that it isn't what she really wanted but theirs no going back now. A little life depends on her forever. She wants to believe she's like Carrie, but she is more Charlotte, but on steroids. She wants to believe that she can still have that life, that dream, that adventure and excitement. She is missing that lifestyle of singledom, the ''rush'' in her sex life has probably gone by now, especially after having a child, things obviously change a bit. It won't make it easier that they'll be spending less time together, and he will be in other countries from time to time, and she won't always be able to be with him, especially once the little one starts school. The fire goes out in relationships and normality resumes, even to the sex. Most couples are absolutely fine with their sex life calming down over time, but Melanie is one of those that believe she should have an exciting, passionated relationship all the time. She sees how Carrie's lifestyle is and has always desperately wanted it but then she had a massive panic over nothing, and got pregnant and married all at once without thinking it through at all. Tough.

When she was younger, she should have got a visa to the US, New York, saved all that Youtube money, got an apartment and started a vlogging of her journey as an Irish girl in New York. That is the path she wanted to go, but it didn't turn out at all. That is how I've always felt when she talks about life. Now she's obsessed with wanting to appear like the Weasleys from Harry Potter, because she will eventually end up like that poor woman, cooking for a husband and several dozen kids, in a run down house. But she's promoting it as a fairytale. It ain't.

All us normal women who live very busy lives, or have children, partners etc know, it is hard, and a lot of times, you don't look your best, you don't have time, you have children to take care of, a partner who may not always give you the attention you want. Not because they don't love you, but because reality hits in, and people have stresses, worries, kids and work to deal with. You're just tired and want to sleep, take a nap, you don't want to bake cookies, you want to order a takeaway and clean up tomorrow.

That to Melanie is unacceptable, she wants it all, and she will learn eventually it doesn't happen. It's impossible. Celebrities have that, because they have a nanny who does most the work, they have hairdressers and makeup artists to do the rest and chefs to prepare their food. So they have very little to worry about. Normal people have to do all that themselves, so its not always possible to appear as though its all sunshine and roses.

Sex and the City was Melanie's dream life, with dream friends, in a reality that is only in her mind. She pretended to have a real medical condition that would make it hard for her to have children, but she made the whole thing up, twisted it around to fit her own narrative, so decided she needed to get pregnant now, and married because she has old fashioned views, she always has. She is a consummate liar.

Now she has to live with that lie. Which is her existing life. Sorry for rant, but I had to explain it somehow haha!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Iā€™ve never understood her obsession with Carrie. Sheā€™s literally the worst out of the Sex women? She promotes buying vogue and shoes over eating, she has a crappy column and a boyfriend then husband who treats her like tit. Make me Miranda or Charlotte any day. I adore Samantha bht her lifestyle works for her, wouldnā€™t be for me but at least she owns who she is and doesnā€™t justify herself for anyone. Why Carrie?!? šŸ˜‚

melanie isnā€™t unconventionally fun or has a whacky lifestyle. Itā€™s all in her head and thatā€™s very sad to me.

maybe Stephen Kings Carrie šŸ‘€šŸ’€

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Melanie could be living an actually perfect life but still would find something to complain about. Her content lately is literally based on her whinging about things she is obsessed with but donā€™t have and things she easily got but still want to appear relatable to peasants like us.

Belfast is northern Ireland so its still Ireland. Itā€™s super weird that she mentions ā€œwe donā€™t have it in Irelandā€ as if she has gone to a different country šŸ™„

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She's obsessed with SATC because its the lifestyle she always really wanted. Now she's stuck in a conventional, very stereotypical Irish Catholic marriage and children. Now she's realizing that it isn't what she really wanted but theirs no going back now. A little life depends on her forever. She wants to believe she's like Carrie, but she is more Charlotte, but on steroids. She wants to believe that she can still have that life, that dream, that adventure and excitement. She is missing that lifestyle of singledom, the ''rush'' in her sex life has probably gone by now, especially after having a child, things obviously change a bit. It won't make it easier that they'll be spending less time together, and he will be in other countries from time to time, and she won't always be able to be with him, especially once the little one starts school. The fire goes out in relationships and normality resumes, even to the sex. Most couples are absolutely fine with their sex life calming down over time, but Melanie is one of those that believe she should have an exciting, passionated relationship all the time. She sees how Carrie's lifestyle is and has always desperately wanted it but then she had a massive panic over nothing, and got pregnant and married all at once without thinking it through at all. Tough.

When she was younger, she should have got a visa to the US, New York, saved all that Youtube money, got an apartment and started a vlogging of her journey as an Irish girl in New York. That is the path she wanted to go, but it didn't turn out at all. That is how I've always felt when she talks about life. Now she's obsessed with wanting to appear like the Weasleys from Harry Potter, because she will eventually end up like that poor woman, cooking for a husband and several dozen kids, in a run down house. But she's promoting it as a fairytale. It ain't.

All us normal women who live very busy lives, or have children, partners etc know, it is hard, and a lot of times, you don't look your best, you don't have time, you have children to take care of, a partner who may not always give you the attention you want. Not because they don't love you, but because reality hits in, and people have stresses, worries, kids and work to deal with. You're just tired and want to sleep, take a nap, you don't want to bake cookies, you want to order a takeaway and clean up tomorrow.

That to Melanie is unacceptable, she wants it all, and she will learn eventually it doesn't happen. It's impossible. Celebrities have that, because they have a nanny who does most the work, they have hairdressers and makeup artists to do the rest and chefs to prepare their food. So they have very little to worry about. Normal people have to do all that themselves, so its not always possible to appear as though its all sunshine and roses.

Sex and the City was Melanie's dream life, with dream friends, in a reality that is only in her mind. She pretended to have a real medical condition that would make it hard for her to have children, but she made the whole thing up, twisted it around to fit her own narrative, so decided she needed to get pregnant now, and married because she has old fashioned views, she always has. She is a consummate liar.

Now she has to live with that lie. Which is her existing life. Sorry for rant, but I had to explain it somehow haha!
I really donā€™t see their marriage lasting, sheā€™s this fairytale romance idea implanted in her head and once youā€™ve been with someone for so many years things do change as you said especially when you add kids into the mix and they had a baby quite early into their relationship as well when theyā€™ve never so much as experienced living and owning their own home together, having this new house can put extra stress/pressure on your relationship, theyā€™ve never experienced having to pay monthly bills or look after a house

• Heart
Iā€™ve never understood her obsession with Carrie.

Carrie was the one that in one of her columns wrote ā€œMaybe the fight between married and singles is like the war in Northern Irelandā€ , which is a level of false equivalence, terrible writing and blind stupidity that could have come straight out of Melanies mouth. That coupled with the being a terrible friend, fat phobia and eagerness to jump off a bridge in pursuit of ā€œthe (anything but) perfect manā€ would make her a Carrie.

She thinks Carrie = a walk in wardrobe.

And anyways she was 14 when the series ended so it had already become culturally irrelevant by the time she watched it. But emotionally sheā€™s stuck in 2004 so who knows what she takes from it.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Loving the sex and the city chat.

There's a lot to be said about a 33 year old woman trying to wish a sex and the city lifestyle into reality. Most, if not all women in their thirties have settled into a more realistic view of the world around them and their place within it- self acceptance, realistic life goals, content with what they have and understanding limitations. All of the above come with life experiences, hearing no, having doors slammed in our faces and heartbreak etc.

I, as an adult and just giving my own perspective here can watch SATC and chuckle/cringe at how it's aged (badly at times)I can also see it for how truly unrealistic it is and how it only applies to the 1%. As a thirty something I don't long for the settling of a crappy man that chose not to settle with Carrie for several years. I also don't have access to an abundance of Monolo Blahniks and a brownstone apartment in New York that costs millions....so realistically, who is idolizing these friendships or lifestyles because it's not realistic for 99% of women and we know it. Mel however....

Melanie hasn't had the life experience most of us had- she's never lived alone, paid bills. Travelled (outside of youtube hotel conferences) Worked a real job. Done anything alone really. All her past failed relationships were no fault of her own - all abusive, always the victim. Illness after vague ilness(many self contradictory) Many proven absolutely false here.

Melanie is a sheltered woman, living within the fantasies of her own mind. Not content with being pregnant... there had to be a fantastical storyline to make it a fairytale (PCO/S)

The fantastical husband storyline- she had to draw parallels between normal people and their own relationship. How many times do we need to hear how they fancied each other forever but just didn't act on it. It's exactly like others have said once the sparkle fizzes out mel will move onto the next fix. That is the MO of a narcissistic individual like mel- lived their entire life in cotton wool and feels entitled to whatever she wants. When thing's start to slip/when people no longer serve Mel's ego, Mel reverts back to fantasy land. Just recently...

- the carrie closet
- reflecting on exes
- her wild mushroom days
- envisioning a house from a movie.
- his dept vs her savings
- do you all know hes a pilot???

Mel ticked the marriage and motherhood box all too soon and she's flipping back and forth between the two because her expectations didn't meet reality and fantasy is all mel has ever known .. but baldie sure got her to where she wanted to go next, something codependant Mel would never have done by herself. Baldie served a purpose, that's all I'll say.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Here she goes again using ā€˜mental healthā€™ as a cover to bash covid restrictions. Do these people not realise they are doing the exact same thing they accuse the media of - fear mongering a mental health crisis with no data to back up the claim. I have no doubt restrictions have been tough on everyone, Iā€™m tired of them too but to spout out this nonsense, feigning concern for people while conveniently ignoring the 500 people sick with covid in hospital right now and the medical staff looking after them, just disgusts me. Just be honest and stop pretending you care about peopleā€™s health.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 14
also does she really think we ll see her story from a cafe owner and realign to her way of thinking...like she must think everyone is seriously thick!

either she is trying to get a reaction and stay relevant or she actually thinks she is providing some kind of public service filtering the opinions of the uneducated for us šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Loving the sex and the city chat.

There's a lot to be said about a 33 year old woman trying to wish a sex and the city lifestyle into reality. Most, if not all women in their thirties have settled into a more realistic view of the world around them and their place within it- self acceptance, realistic life goals, content with what they have and understanding limitations. All of the above come with life experiences, hearing no, having doors slammed in our faces and heartbreak etc.

I, as an adult and just giving my own perspective here can watch SATC and chuckle/cringe at how it's aged (badly at times)I can also see it for how truly unrealistic it is and how it only applies to the 1%. As a thirty something I don't long for the settling of a crappy man that chose not to settle with Carrie for several years. I also don't have access to an abundance of Monolo Blahniks and a brownstone apartment in New York that costs millions....so realistically, who is idolizing these friendships or lifestyles because it's not realistic for 99% of women and we know it. Mel however....

Melanie hasn't had the life experience most of us had- she's never lived alone, paid bills. Travelled (outside of youtube hotel conferences) Worked a real job. Done anything alone really. All her past failed relationships were no fault of her own - all abusive, always the victim. Illness after vague ilness(many self contradictory) Many proven absolutely false here.

Melanie is a sheltered woman, living within the fantasies of her own mind. Not content with being pregnant... there had to be a fantastical storyline to make it a fairytale (PCO/S)

The fantastical husband storyline- she had to draw parallels between normal people and their own relationship. How many times do we need to hear how they fancied each other forever but just didn't act on it. It's exactly like others have said once the sparkle fizzes out mel will move onto the next fix. That is the MO of a narcissistic individual like mel- lived their entire life in cotton wool and feels entitled to whatever she wants. When thing's start to slip/when people no longer serve Mel's ego, Mel reverts back to fantasy land. Just recently...

- the carrie closet
- reflecting on exes
- her wild mushroom days
- envisioning a house from a movie.
- his dept vs her savings
- do you all know hes a pilot???

Mel ticked the marriage and motherhood box all too soon and she's flipping back and forth between the two because her expectations didn't meet reality and fantasy is all mel has ever known .. but baldie sure got her to where she wanted to go next, something codependant Mel would never have done by herself. Baldie served a purpose, that's all I'll say.

These two posts espoused all of my sentiments in the MOST eloquent way. Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes again! Without repeating what has already been said: Melanie's life is joke, a complete joke, a lie that is unravelling right before her and she cannot and will not cope. Melanie's child like social media world is not shaping up to be so glamourous and cute....She has a baby! She must feel such guilt bringing a child into such a world, a world she created that is full of lies. I reckon it is her karma for lying about PCOS. Let us pray that the child turns out well adjusted. Again, well done ladies.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Iā€™ve never looked at someone and thought ā€œGobshiteā€ so much in all my life

• Haha
This is exactly the problem with Melā€™s version of manifestation. Completely inane, utterly senseless and objectively bad advice.

ā€œJust say it and go about your dayā€ā€¦. As you also save and pay it off as thatā€™s literally the only way out of it. Ask Baldy.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
This is exactly the problem with Melā€™s version of manifestation. Completely inane, utterly senseless and objectively bad advice.

ā€œJust say it and go about your dayā€ā€¦. As you also save and pay it off as thatā€™s literally the only way out of it. Ask Baldy.
"I am debt free" and go about my day unemployed or living beyond my means.. why isn't it working??

What utter bleeping nonsense.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
As someone who had a colossal amount of debt left by an abusive partner, this is one of the thickest things sheā€™s ever said. I had to plan so carefully all the time, thinking about each day, week, month and year in order to effectively pay off the debt in the best way possible. I had to look at how to earn money on the side so I could try to live as well as pay off my debt as quickly as possible. Sheā€™s a bleeping moron and has no place to give advice about anything!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.