Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

NolanaLoo

Thomas has not received the vaccine and he is in a high risk job where can catch and spread it. Why has he not got it? If he ain't getting it Mel won't either.

I don’t have receipts because I don’t keep records of her on my phone and it was on her stories. She has mentioned his jabs at the correct intervals. I mainly remember because her excuse not to wear the mask in the GP waiting room was because nobody else was there.

Yes, she is somebody I wouldn’t like to know in real life if what she presents online is anything to go by, I think she’s an absolute dose but I don’t get why that means I can’t ever slightly defend her on something minor.

but yeah we can leave it there we’re going in circles at this stage.
Do you know how easy it is to lie at the correct intervals and say your kid has been vaccinated? And her excuse, don't care- she should've been wearing a mask, rules are rules.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

kalechips

VIP Member
Sorry to burst bubbles but both sisters do follow her on SM on their personal accounts. His sister who lives in Cork just had a baby a few weeks ago. I wonder how much she’ll realise Melanie is full of shite now (even more than she already knows..)
My bad! I thought the account she tagged in the SIL birthday post was the sister's business account, her personal account doesn't show up in Mel's followers or following list for me (this is Nicola, I don't know about the other one)

metalbeard

Bit off topic but curious if anyone is following raw beauty Kristi and her recent videos and Instagram stories specifically her recent video which I found really uncomfortable to watch, similar to Melanies video ( the SA, magic mushroom video) both portraying themselves as storybook mother's, doing it all the "right way" shaming others choices along the way. The parallels between them is uncanny, both clearly struggling with motherhood, oversharing online while acting as if they are single women without partners at home full time. Both videos from both creators shouldn't have gone online and should have been discussed in therapy. It's like watching someone spiral in real time.

Also It's interesting to me I noticed it a while back... Raw beauty Kristi was diagnosed with post natal depression, and she refused to take medication because it would contaminate her breast milk... not long after this, the same thing happened Melanie.

Wouldn't be the first time Mel has hijacked someone else's illness for sympathy and clicks. I'm just noticing more and more Mel using others content for clicks.
I saw rawbeautykritis video pop up in my suggested feed and tbh I had no interest as I’m not a parent, also from her thumbnail it looked like she was really struggling and I didn’t want to watch someone, like you said, discuss something that should be for a therapist, online for views
You could be right Mel seems to type to jump on someone’s else’s issues and make them her own
Both women should get off SM for sure and get the help they need because post natal depression is extremely serious especially if untreated, it’s not something to use for views on your YouTube
In my opinion btw not shaming any mothers on here who suffered with post natal depression, just think like all mental health issues they should be managed with your doctor or therapist or both
Not made into clickbait videos

• Heart

Nosycrow

Chatty Member
oh my own family minus my mam and one uncle are anti-vaccine and refuse to get it because it’s apparently not fully approved or gone through clinical trials. When pointed out both points aren’t true “everyone is entitled to their opinion.” She’s a drop in the ocean 😂

glad you’re on the mend. ❤

As much as melanie annoys us she is definitely part of a growing anti-science population in Ireland at the moment. It’s mad to watch it play out in real time.
Why is that anyone who expresses reservations about a vax fast-tracked for emergency use and which age suitability criteria changing literally by the DAY is automatically ‘anti-vax and anti-science!?’ I took the swine flu vax against my better judgement (another one emergency authorised) and it’s since been taken off the market. FFS, let people make up their own minds based on their circumstances. 🤨

• Heart

NolanaLoo

Someone needs to make a thread title.... something creative about being FOS (full of shit) and PCOS.

Anyauldnamewilldo

VIP Member
Sorry to burst bubbles but both sisters do follow her on SM on their personal accounts. His sister who lives in Cork just had a baby a few weeks ago. I wonder how much she’ll realise Melanie is full of shite now (even more than she already knows..)
I bet she already knew she was full of it, pre-pregnant mel an' all!

• Heart

Anyauldnamewilldo

VIP Member
Such a good point. My friend has a pysch degree she has never used and works in childcare as a childcare assistant. Imagine her saying I'm a psychologist by trade 😂

She deliberately misleads and lies about it too. Found this article which is just hilarious.
View attachment 647040
Whoever the fuck wrote that "article" needs a kick up their arse. Either they buy/bought into her bs, or they're paid fuck all and want to keep their job so sugar-coated her experience in anything. It's infuriating reading such drivel.

Is the vaccine available in Ireland? Has she mentioned anything about it or has she gone full blown anti vaxx along with all her other tinfoil hat conspiracy theories?
Hi, I'm in my 30s as of today am fully vaccinated (woooo *does little celebratory dance). I however got mine early based upon having underlining health issues. With all mememeeeel has sprouted off about of her own shite in the past, I'm surprised she has never mentioned being offered hers early. That said she can register from today I believe, I think they bumped it up from Friday to today - slightly off topic: can we say that bump was due to the gov being complete twats and throwing the poor pharmacies under the bus with only 50 doses every two fucking weeks, but yea she has no excuse not to "show the people she's not an anti vaxxer now".

Why am finding her SIL not following her on SM hilarious? Like can you imagine the shite she talks about behind her back awks. After reading that long arse list (thank you NolanaLoo, not all heroes wear capes!!) She sounds like a Hypocondriac, which is an illness within itself but dear god woman please get help. We all know you read here as per those SS of your one-sided "answering unasked questions" from the clear sock account, so please for the sake of your son and your future children get help.

• Heart

kalechips

VIP Member
My sons dad has been admitted to the hospital I work at with Covid related illness. It’s pretty bad atm and because I’ve nobody else to look after my son full time I’ll have to take sick leave until he’s better. That means I can’t use hospital privileges to dip in and out to see him and look at his notes.

All of that to say 1. I’ll be taking a break for a few weeks from the thread

2. if I do have a rant about her over something minimal it’s all my issue and yes I probably am deranged and you can ignore it 😂

i love the comments here though they’re always spot on. talk soon!
Wishing him a speedy recovery! Take care of yourself too, sending you and your son love and strength ❤ ❤ ❤

kalechips

VIP Member
Lifesum? Yeah, appalling, When called out she insisted that the calorie counter can and should be turned off and that she doesn't use it, however, I do not believe her. I reckon she tracks her calories even though calorie counting isn't a surefire science and practice.
Am I mistaken or didn't she also say that calorie counting was part of her ED treatment? I know everyone is different but personally calorie counting became obsessive and slipped me into a really unhealthy mindset a few years ago. I'm no expert but I have a hard time understanding why a professional would recommend that as part of recovery.

Reactions: 2

monga

VIP Member
To be honest I do agree with her on the pill messing with your mental health. I was on it for 10 years and as soon as I came off it I noticed a massive difference mentally but I don’t agree with her encouraging young people to use those apps as a preventative measure as I don’t think their 100% accurate I personally wouldn’t solely rely on it
It was the latter I don't agree with, I don't think it's reliable enough to encourage her young viewers to use it to fulfil her sponsorship .

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
Not to defend her but it is possible in certain circumstances (i did it myself!) - mainly being over a certain age but this might have changed since I did it about 5 years ago
You can get back to education allowance alright but that isn't what she's talking about is it? Or did I misread?

HaveSomeMilk

Chatty Member
I can imagine that with young children who are in treatment perhaps parents may be told to make sure that at least a certain number of calories are consumed by the child in order to rebuild but I doubt that the professional would want the patient to focus on that themselves.

But again, that's with young children where the parents would have more oversight on their recovery.

Goopsun

Off topic but you say there You can teach further ed with normal teaching courses

Any idea what these teaching course are? Any links? It's something I would love to do as a side hobby but unsure of the route or entry? I wouldn't have time for a degree with work commitments.

So off topic sorry !
I wouldn't be an expert.
I did a four year education degree in my subject for secondary teaching . But I can register for further education with the teaching council and teach my subject there without any extra training.

If you already have a bachelor's in a teachable subject like geography and english you can do a two year pme (mostly online with Hibernia)

There is probably another way but I only know this way. Maybe there is some FETAC courses?
Sorry that's probably not that much help!

• Heart

NolanaLoo

I don’t think that’s totally fair. She has got her son his MMR jabs so she isn’t totally anti-vaccine and she hasn’t said she won’t get it, just not while she’s breastfeeding. Whether she actually gets it when she stops or not is a different story. There is a lot of misinformation floating around and while there is personal responsibility to sort the lies from the truth that can be difficult if you don’t know what you’re looking for.

I do agree that she is incredibly selfish, loves confirmation bias and the whole discrimination gang piss me off but she isn’t full anti-vaxx.
Maybe she did get him his MMR jabs- never saw anything about that, and even if there was some form of proof I wouldn't put it past her and see that it is fabricated. But if you insist on defending her and giving her the benefit of the doubt on not vaccinating her kid, ok then. However, to say that she isn't totally anti-vax is BS. She follows alternative news instagram pages and conspiracy theorists- You don't follow those pages if you are pro-vaccine and plan on getting a vaccine. Don't know why anyone would give this loser the benefit of the doubt. She is against vaccination laws because they are discriminatory to her why? Because some restaurants wont let her dine indoors unless she has it- if she really wanted to dine indoors and was pro-vax she would get the vaccine. She follows: realmessageerie on instagram, I implore you to have a look and tell me she is not anti vax. Don't know why you're defending a person who doesn't respect health care workers or anyone.

Melanie is also one of those people who thinks hormonal medications like the pill are destroying women's bodies just because she had a bad time on it. She stigmatises people who take anti-depressants and is against having pain relievers for headaches and prefers to meditate it or ride it out. She is against conventional medicine- different story is she only used natural remedies but she is against that too. She is an unhygienic, uneducated slob who hates masks, doesn't wear one, house hopped , anti lockdown and is anti-vaccine.

• Heart

Marymoo13

Yeah she’s definitely said she has enough to pay off his debt and alluded to the debt being extremely high, if I recall right it was around 6 figures or near there.

I had a look at the funding loan options on the website of the pilot school he went to and it appears that if he did get that loan from them that he had to use his mother’s house as security on it (??) and that if he borrowed the full amount + living costs (which we assume he did) it’d be around 80k of debt, though that appears to just be an example, I can’t imagine they’d put it as such if it wasn’t a realistic amount. Looking at a few forums talking about the costs of flight school they all cite it to be around 100k so it seems likely the debt is around 80-100k total.

it must be stressful knowing your pay packet is going steadily down, you’ve got monthly payments to make on this loan (with interest rates too) and if you fail to do so your mums house might be taken away 😬 he should reeaaallly consider letting Mel pay it off and paying her back instead of racking up interest and putting his mums house at risk (though this is purely speculation based on what the website claims - I’m just assuming he did put her house down as security - can’t imagine anyone would give whopping loans like that without it though).
im Pretty sure he said he got the loan from the bank rather than directly through the flight school so I wonder if the bank asked for collateral?