Melanie Murphy #12 I'm the only Mam in the village

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Title c/o the clever @BANDJ2018 and inspired by Melanie's sob story reel about being isolated from her village of support with a baby despite living in her in-laws attic and having a partner at home.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Cheers for making a new one. So Melanie claims to basically be a single mother raising this baby alone in the village, she keeps talking about breastfeeding, she keeps saying that she might be moving out of Ireland because COVID has ruined her hubby's career ummmmm.... Oh, she wants to be vegan now/plant based even though she claims it to be the sources of her EDs. She also claims to be happy and in mummy heaven but keeps making passive aggressive digs about her baby and how she's struggling. Anything I missed?

Reactions: 18
Jesus Mel get an actual therapist and stop word vomming all over the web. She won't move with Thomas she just wants to use it as another martyr excuse. She's insufferable, so many mums have it tough with their partners work or their own work and they just get on with it and don't whinge, Melanie has had nothing but support from her husband and in laws and she repeatedly throws it back in their faces. She's an ungrateful cow. She also keeps saying she has "SO MANY JOBS" but she's been dropped by fabletics and I don't see any other brands clamouring to work with her, she just gets the basic influencer PR gifts to write about, and we know this book is her last 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Anyone remember early in the last thread a DM sent to Aisling O' Loughlin that aisling posted to her stories and it sounded like a DM sent by Melanie?

Well Melanie is now following Aisling. 😂

Any non Irish tattlers: Aisling is an ex tv show presenter who believes covid is a hoax and the is anti Vax. She also believes the government are trying to put chips in children. Her Instagram is cringe.

Mel has way to much time on her hands. Sitting on Facebook reading about birds and doom scrolling.

Melanie IS an Aisling she just hides it badly at times so she doesn't lose followers. On that note... at the start of the pandemic, Melanie had 123k followers and she now sits at 121k.

Thanks @mindlessness for the new thread x

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I
Anyone remember early in the last thread a DM sent to Aisling O' Loughlin that aisling posted to her stories and it sounded like a DM sent by Melanie?

Well Melanie is now following Aisling. 😂

Any non Irish tattlers: Aisling is an ex tv show presenter who believes covid is a hoax and the is anti Vax. She also believes the government are trying to put chips in children. Her Instagram is cringe.

Mel has way to much time on her hands. Sitting on Facebook reading about birds and doom scrolling.

Melanie IS an Aisling she just hides it badly at times so she doesn't lose followers. On that note... at the start of the pandemic, Melanie had 123k followers and she now sits at 121k.

Thanks @mindlessness for the new thread x
I had to block Aisling, she actually sends shivers up my spine. Proof that if someone talks loud enough people will listen. Scary stuff

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
I

I had to block Aisling, she actually sends shivers up my spine. Proof that if someone talks loud enough people will listen. Scary stuff
I genuinely worry for people who listen to this stuff and the type of headspace they might be in.

I think Melanie not having a friendship group leads her to spending too much time down rabbit holes and on the internet in general. I think Melanie also wants to believe she's more awakened than most and grabs onto skewed ideas to try and be different.

It's always a new fad, issue or life obstacle with Melanie. She seems to only function and thrive when there are issues. Very sad all the same but really dysfunctional and not a healthy mindset to have as a parent. Children mirror everything.

The victim mindset and calling people trolls while she's the biggest culprit is disturbing, but I really wish her good mental health and happiness. She must be very lonely and I would like to see her attend real therapy and not betterhelp.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
The part where she says that she misses wine etc gets me so bad. Drink the damn wine! She's not an alcoholic! Jesus woman. This just proves to me that she hasn't dealt with any of her issues because they evidently come out when she's drunk which is why she's stopped drinking. I went through this in my early 20's, I went to therapy and now I don't use alcohol in that way and can enjoy a glass of wine without it being the end of the bloody world. Do the damn work on yourself Mel and stop pretending you already have.
Catastrophising is a huge component of depression and anxiety and she does it constantly. Seriously it's just painful to see at this point.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
She seems to only function and thrive when there are issues. Very sad all the same but really dysfunctional and not a healthy mindset to have as a parent.
You are always so SPOT ON! That is what I have been trying to articulate! Melanie ONLY thrives and engages when there are issues- she adores and is drawn to conflict.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Not another influencer spouting about Bo Burhams new special as if they're not the ones he's criticising and then not doing anything to change 😂 💀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
The part where she says that she misses wine etc gets me so bad. Drink the damn wine! She's not an alcoholic! Jesus woman. This just proves to me that she hasn't dealt with any of her issues because they evidently come out when she's drunk which is why she's stopped drinking. I went through this in my early 20's, I went to therapy and now I don't use alcohol in that way and can enjoy a glass of wine without it being the end of the bloody world. Do the damn work on yourself Mel and stop pretending you already have.
Catastrophising is a huge component of depression and anxiety and she does it constantly. Seriously it's just painful to see at this point.
Nah cos she's drank the koolaid where if you are successful, thin and achieve your goals all your problems and trauma go away.

Reactions: 9
I genuinely worry for people who listen to this stuff and the type of headspace they might be in.

I think Melanie not having a friendship group leads her to spending too much time down rabbit holes and on the internet in general. I think Melanie also wants to believe she's more awakened than most and grabs onto skewed ideas to try and be different.

It's always a new fad, issue or life obstacle with Melanie. She seems to only function and thrive when there are issues. Very sad all the same but really dysfunctional and not a healthy mindset to have as a parent. Children mirror everything.

The victim mindset and calling people trolls while she's the biggest culprit is disturbing, but I really wish her good mental health and happiness. She must be very lonely and I would like to see her attend real therapy and not betterhelp.
Agree with this so much. As someone who used to follow her and actually like her content (back in 2016 or so), I don't dislike her even though her content is no longer interesting to me, and her anti-lockdown nonsense + increasingly obvious NPD traits have made me stop following her.

But it's so clear that she genuinely needs a lot of therapy and to stay off the internet for a good long while. I don't understand how people like her can be in the position of being influencers when their own lives are so messed up.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The amount of queer bating Melanie and other influencers do is so so frustrating and insulting. Someone said in the old thread that shes bi to appeal to straight men and I couldn’t agree more. Do you guys remember that video she did with her sister where they were talking about monogamy and everytime Jessie would said she couldn’t imagine having multiple partners Melanie would be shocked and judgey lol. So funny how she’s now living a traditional life and judgemental of others that live a life she apparently used to have

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
The amount of queer bating Melanie and other influencers do is so so frustrating and insulting. Someone said in the old thread that shes bi to appeal to straight men and I couldn’t agree more. Do you guys remember that video she did with her sister where they were talking about monogamy and everytime Jessie would said she couldn’t imagine having multiple partners Melanie would be shocked and judgey lol. So funny how she’s now living a traditional life and judgemental of others that live a life she apparently used to have
Mel’s personality ( and opinions) is constantly morphing into whoever she’s dating or whatever is new and hot on the online world.

She jumps from one bandwagon to another just to get views or to seem edgy and ‘so not like the other girls’.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Mel’s personality ( and opinions) is constantly morphing into whoever she’s dating or whatever is new and hot on the online world.

She jumps from one bandwagon to another just to get views or to seem edgy and ‘so not like the other girls’.
indeed! Even in her last video, I just had to laugh “So if you remember, years ago I made this video talking about how I was vegan - well, I just called myself that but I was actually just mostly plant-based”

lols, just riding the bandwagon for clout - as per usual.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I personally would have more sympathy for Melanie after the long rant posted above if she genuienly cared about other mothers in often worse situations but it's always a pity party. I can't stand how she demonises things that don't work for her like sleep training, parents who don't need to co sleep or parents that use formula. As my nan would say, she's the type if you say you've had a fry up for breakfast, she would add an extra sausage 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.