Melanie Murphy #12 I'm the only Mam in the village

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was following her back during her "fitness" phase and she definitely wasn't that deep into it-- most of her posts were about her "trying to get back into it after a much needed break" and then doing it for a week or two and then falling off again. She was very casual about it but wanted to look like it was her lifestyle haha.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
No shade, I think she looks just fine but was she really lifting that heavy? She's always had a pancake bum even when she seemed most active
I thought the same 😂😂 There was a post I think on Instagram or she maybe talked about her body pre pregnancy in a YouTube video and how she was doing all these squats etc and had a booty and post partum it’s disappeared, she never had one even when she did go to the gym 😭😭😭

Ones postpartum and one is supposedly when she worked out a lot 😑😑 there’s no difference apart from the angle! She makes out like she’d a big arse

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I thought the same 😂😂 There was a post I think on Instagram or she maybe talked about her body pre pregnancy in a YouTube video and how she was doing all these squats etc and had a booty and post partum it’s disappeared, she never had one even when she did go to the gym 😭😭😭

Ones postpartum and one is supposedly when she worked out a lot 😑😑 there’s no difference apart from the angle! She makes out like she’d a big arse
XFqHtXE.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Bit off topic but curious if anyone is following raw beauty Kristi and her recent videos and Instagram stories specifically her recent video which I found really uncomfortable to watch, similar to Melanies video ( the SA, magic mushroom video) both portraying themselves as storybook mother's, doing it all the "right way" shaming others choices along the way. The parallels between them is uncanny, both clearly struggling with motherhood, oversharing online while acting as if they are single women without partners at home full time. Both videos from both creators shouldn't have gone online and should have been discussed in therapy. It's like watching someone spiral in real time.

Also It's interesting to me I noticed it a while back... Raw beauty Kristi was diagnosed with post natal depression, and she refused to take medication because it would contaminate her breast milk... not long after this, the same thing happened Melanie.

Wouldn't be the first time Mel has hijacked someone else's illness for sympathy and clicks. I'm just noticing more and more Mel using others content for clicks.

Reactions: 12
Bit off topic but curious if anyone is following raw beauty Kristi and her recent videos and Instagram stories specifically her recent video which I found really uncomfortable to watch, similar to Melanies video ( the SA, magic mushroom video) both portraying themselves as storybook mother's, doing it all the "right way" shaming others choices along the way. The parallels between them is uncanny, both clearly struggling with motherhood, oversharing online while acting as if they are single women without partners at home full time. Both videos from both creators shouldn't have gone online and should have been discussed in therapy. It's like watching someone spiral in real time.

Also It's interesting to me I noticed it a while back... Raw beauty Kristi was diagnosed with post natal depression, and she refused to take medication because it would contaminate her breast milk... not long after this, the same thing happened Melanie.

Wouldn't be the first time Mel has hijacked someone else's illness for sympathy and clicks. I'm just noticing more and more Mel using others content for clicks.
I saw rawbeautykritis video pop up in my suggested feed and tbh I had no interest as I’m not a parent, also from her thumbnail it looked like she was really struggling and I didn’t want to watch someone, like you said, discuss something that should be for a therapist, online for views
You could be right Mel seems to type to jump on someone’s else’s issues and make them her own
Both women should get off SM for sure and get the help they need because post natal depression is extremely serious especially if untreated, it’s not something to use for views on your YouTube
In my opinion btw not shaming any mothers on here who suffered with post natal depression, just think like all mental health issues they should be managed with your doctor or therapist or both
Not made into clickbait videos

• Heart
Reactions: 3
TRIGGER WARNING!

Her recent post is BODY CHECKING 101, internalized fatphobia and ED numero uno! Where does she get off? Also, when is she going to learn to use trigger warning in her videos, reels and posts? I get people can forget and you cannot be perfect but I feel as if she purposely makes triggering content: exercise pressure, ED, suicide etc. yet, she pretends to "forget" to put trigger warnings. She is disgusting.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Sure she promoted that dodgy weight loss app or whatever it was. nothing she does surprises me.

Reactions: 6
Sure she promoted that dodgy weight loss app or whatever it was. nothing she does surprises me.
Lifesum? Yeah, appalling, When called out she insisted that the calorie counter can and should be turned off and that she doesn't use it, however, I do not believe her. I reckon she tracks her calories even though calorie counting isn't a surefire science and practice.

Reactions: 6
Lifesum? Yeah, appalling, When called out she insisted that the calorie counter can and should be turned off and that she doesn't use it, however, I do not believe her. I reckon she tracks her calories even though calorie counting isn't a surefire science and practice.
Am I mistaken or didn't she also say that calorie counting was part of her ED treatment? I know everyone is different but personally calorie counting became obsessive and slipped me into a really unhealthy mindset a few years ago. I'm no expert but I have a hard time understanding why a professional would recommend that as part of recovery.

Reactions: 2
Am I mistaken or didn't she also say that calorie counting was part of her ED treatment? I know everyone is different but personally calorie counting became obsessive and slipped me into a really unhealthy mindset a few years ago. I'm no expert but I have a hard time understanding why a professional would recommend that as part of recovery.
As far as I know, and please correct me if wrong, you’re just told to have three main meals and three snacks a day and given parameters of what counts to make sure you’re eating enough. Definitely no counting calories.

Reactions: 1
I can imagine that with young children who are in treatment perhaps parents may be told to make sure that at least a certain number of calories are consumed by the child in order to rebuild but I doubt that the professional would want the patient to focus on that themselves.

But again, that's with young children where the parents would have more oversight on their recovery.

Reactions: 2
As far as I know, and please correct me if wrong, you’re just told to have three main meals and three snacks a day and given parameters of what counts to make sure you’re eating enough. Definitely no counting calories.
That would make a lot more sense! I think she may have just said that to dodge all the criticisms calling her out about how problematic the app is

Reactions: 1
But.....all she does is moan about how shite she feels....?! If she's this bad now, she honestly must have been a corpse at 18
Screenshot_20210623-105609.jpg

Also, her phrasing really grates on me 😭 you're not 'sober". The dramatics. Plus she was pregnant for most of that so hardly a massive achievement 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Where on earth is this healthy food she eats? Whenever they share food shots it’s frozen waffles and the like!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
My sons dad has been admitted to the hospital I work at with Covid related illness. It’s pretty bad atm and because I’ve nobody else to look after my son full time I’ll have to take sick leave until he’s better. That means I can’t use hospital privileges to dip in and out to see him and look at his notes.

All of that to say 1. I’ll be taking a break for a few weeks from the thread

2. if I do have a rant about her over something minimal it’s all my issue and yes I probably am deranged and you can ignore it 😂

i love the comments here though they’re always spot on. talk soon!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
My sons dad has been admitted to the hospital I work at with Covid related illness. It’s pretty bad atm and because I’ve nobody else to look after my son full time I’ll have to take sick leave until he’s better. That means I can’t use hospital privileges to dip in and out to see him and look at his notes.

2. if I do have a rant about her over something minimal it’s all my issue and yes I probably am deranged and you can ignore it 😂

Sending all well wishes for a full recovery his way @Chinese_whispers and importantly look after yourself, we'll be thinking of you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 7

All the very best to you! Hoping for a speedy and full recovery for him and that you can find the strength to do everything you need to do. We will miss you and be thinking of you. Take care of yourself and I hope everything goes well ❤❤❤

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.