Melanie Murphy #12 I'm the only Mam in the village

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They're not really in danger of being priced out of Dublin, they are being priced out of Skerries. They could easily buy a house in a town a few KM either side of Skerries but they don't want to so there's no point either of them winging when its their choice.

The entitlement off the pair of them makes me laugh. They need to grow up and join the rest of us in the real world.

Reactions: 18
Let's spare a thought for the poor editor's assistant who somewhere, at this time, is crying into a bottle of wine out of frustration with Melanie's first draft... 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Melanie is the maker or her own problems.
Melanie's entire personality is based on being affected or victimised by something.

Wears cheap polyester bralettes with no support and complains about back pain. Mel loves drama and functions on complaining and sad fishing.

Complains about not being able to get a mortgage in skerries while her husband's in serious dept, buying a brand new car and having a wedding redo before settling their finances. Melanie can't even complete a basic food shop. Or cook a homemade meal.

Let's all remember, Mel has enough money for two mortgages youse goise. Am i supposed to feel one tiny bit sorry for the two planks who can afford not one but two mortgages but..... just not in *Skerries* 😂
Ah god bless, it's just so so unfair.

Thomas is a whiney little misery too, they are a perfect match.

• Heart
Gurn and complain about not being able to get a mortgage yet they don’t seem to be doing much to try to help themselves, ie look at other options. If I was stuck living in an attic I’d literally move anywhere to get out of there wouldn’t care where it was, sick of the pair of them gurning and complaining about things as if their first world problems 🙈🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Lmao Mel boasts her six figure salary and then blames Dublin housing prices like they’re a personal attack on her, directly. Nevermind that there’s a whole list of cities that are worse (Hong Kong, Auckland, Vancouver, Toronto, Los Angeles… let’s just say those skerries prices look amazing compared to the city I’m in)

She’s making this out like it’s just her and her 🤪pilot husband🤪 that are being specifically targeted, but almost every single millennial is going through the same thing right now

The reality is that
A. Her six figure salary and being “CEO of her own business” doesn’t pay as well as she’d love us all to be believe and she can’t accept it 🤷
And B. Like you guys said, they need to look at options, she can either value owning a property or staying in skerries.

Either way she doesn’t have any sympathy from me. She’s still just focused on jumping to her next life milestone (a four bedroom house in skerries, NOTHING ELSE 🙃)

• Heart
First things first Thomas needs to get over any insecurity around Melanie paying off his uni debts. I imagine the debt is affecting their mortgage options.

Reactions: 5
First things first Thomas needs to get over any insecurity around Melanie paying off his uni debts. I imagine the debt is affecting their mortgage options.
I always thought that was saving face tbh. I don't understand it. I think he doesn't wanf her to pay it as he'd never hear the end of it and will be used as a weapon. Because It's not HIS debt, it's THEIR debt. That happened once they signed the marriage paper. I dont get. If you've 100k cash and 100k debt, you've got a big fat zero.

I'm surprised she's never just signed into his account and paid a chunk off or something.

It makes no logical sense, but hey, Mel stopped making sense years ago. And he seems like he's a few sandwiches short of a picnic. Or maybe he's slightly misogynistic or wants to be the traditional father/husband. Therefore taking her money is out of the question, but he seems to have no problem abusing the freebies his wife gets so who knows.

(I found her when she had under 300 subscribers and I remember her celebrating 1000/500 subs. So I can see that the girl she was then, is not the girl we see now. Or who knows, perhaps she's a decent actress.)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Solution: move to Balbriggan. There ya go lads, problem solved. Simples.

bUt iT iSnt ExCluSivE and is a 10 min drive from our families 😭😭😭😭

Oh duck off 😂😂 pair of self deserving arseholes

She would remind him of that every.single.day
BAYYBBOOOO remember when I paid off YOUR massive debt with MY massive savings 😍 aren't I fantastic and you're so useless 😍

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
She doesn’t have the money to pay off his debt and he doesn’t want to leave his Mammy’s house.
They’re both too afraid too move in with each other so they live a student life.

• Heart
She doesn’t have the money to pay off his debt and he doesn’t want to leave his Mammy’s house.
They’re both too afraid too move in with each other so they live a student life.
Oh? I’m almost certain she’s claimed to have 30K in savings for a down payment? In one of her many diatribes about house hunting and mortgages and how very hard it is for her and Thomas. But I could be misremembering!

Reactions: 3
Lads I totally agree. The only reason I hate hearing them complain about the housing crisis is because 1. they are horrendous at managing their money while also living at home rent free and 2. they couldn't give a flying duck about the housing crisis if it didn't affect them.

I never ever once saw Mel advocate for homeless people, homeless children and families or even young rural students being priced out of the rental markets in cities and not being able to go to college and get an education. These were all the first people to be affected by the housing crisis. She only cares now that it's affecting herself and other middle class people.

And she only cared about mental health issues when she could use it as an argument against lockdown.

She is an awful awful human being. And Tomas is clearly as bad if not worse.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Yeah she’s definitely said she has enough to pay off his debt and alluded to the debt being extremely high, if I recall right it was around 6 figures or near there.

I had a look at the funding loan options on the website of the pilot school he went to and it appears that if he did get that loan from them that he had to use his mother’s house as security on it (??) and that if he borrowed the full amount + living costs (which we assume he did) it’d be around 80k of debt, though that appears to just be an example, I can’t imagine they’d put it as such if it wasn’t a realistic amount. Looking at a few forums talking about the costs of flight school they all cite it to be around 100k so it seems likely the debt is around 80-100k total.

it must be stressful knowing your pay packet is going steadily down, you’ve got monthly payments to make on this loan (with interest rates too) and if you fail to do so your mums house might be taken away 😬 he should reeaaallly consider letting Mel pay it off and paying her back instead of racking up interest and putting his mums house at risk (though this is purely speculation based on what the website claims - I’m just assuming he did put her house down as security - can’t imagine anyone would give whopping loans like that without it though).

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Yeah she’s definitely said she has enough to pay off his debt and alluded to the debt being extremely high, if I recall right it was around 6 figures or near there.

I had a look at the funding loan options on the website of the pilot school he went to and it appears that if he did get that loan from them that he had to use his mother’s house as security on it (??) and that if he borrowed the full amount + living costs (which we assume he did) it’d be around 80k of debt, though that appears to just be an example, I can’t imagine they’d put it as such if it wasn’t a realistic amount. Looking at a few forums talking about the costs of flight school they all cite it to be around 100k so it seems likely the debt is around 80-100k total.

it must be stressful knowing your pay packet is going steadily down, you’ve got monthly payments to make on this loan (with interest rates too) and if you fail to do so your mums house might be taken away 😬 he should reeaaallly consider letting Mel pay it off and paying her back instead of racking up interest and putting his mums house at risk (though this is purely speculation based on what the website claims - I’m just assuming he did put her house down as security - can’t imagine anyone would give whopping loans like that without it though).
im Pretty sure he said he got the loan from the bank rather than directly through the flight school so I wonder if the bank asked for collateral?

Reactions: 2
Maybe they take potential future earnings into account but you'd think you would need some collateral. I got maybe a 1.5k loan or something when I was a student and I needed my parent to be a guarantor.

Reactions: 1
If they really earn as much money as she makes out (pre covid) they wouldnt be still living in an attic years later and if she’s as much saved as she makes out they could well afford to have bought a house by now, she’s full of absolute bs. I think they need to sort out their living situation before even thinking about another child although you would have thought they’d have had that sorted before having the child they already have, an attic isn’t ideally the best place to be raising a baby

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I seen this on Thomas's IG comments

20210616_165224.jpg

Also in her why we live in an attic video she constantly makes references to how their finances are seperate - his dept, my savings.

If anything i would wager Melanie offering to help pay it off as a shallow offer, Thomas's response :

I couldn't do that baybeeee, I'm the man I should be providing for youuuu.

And that was that conversation done.
They, themselves are the cause of their own issues for a number of reasons.

1) Melanie's "six figure salary" clearly a lie.

2) decided to get married before living together in their own accommodation- had they done this based on their combined salaries they EASILY could have enough left over to save for a mortgage

3) They could have moved into her dad's seeing as she already pays rent there.

4) Has admitted in SS that she doesn't pay rent for the attic but contribute aka buying their own groceries.

5) Decided to start trying for a baby before they had their own place

6) Got married.

7) bought a brand new car.

8) redoing their wedding party.

9) incapable of learning how to shop on budget or cutting down on luxury items.

10) Mel has made it clear she wants to try for a baby again when the are still in the attic and her mental health isn't great.

They really are teenagers masquerading as adults playing mummy and daddy, without any of the hard graft or sacrifices normal people have to do to get a roof over their heads. Most adults their age don't have the luxury of free rent and takeaways dorm room style.

They are just two people with egos and no common sense.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I was also always under the impression that Mel didn't want to use her savings to pay off their debt, or in her eyes, Thomas' debt. It's so clear from her language that she has a "what's yours is ours and what's mine is mine" mentality in her marriage. Maybe she's just being pragmatic but I get the sense that she wants to have all her bases covered in the event of a divorce.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I was also always under the impression that Mel didn't want to use her savings to pay off their debt, or in her eyes, Thomas' debt. It's so clear from her language that she has a "what's yours is ours and what's mine is mine" mentality in her marriage. Maybe she's just being pragmatic but I get the sense that she wants to have all her bases covered in the event of a divorce.

Yes!!! This is exactly my thinking too. She wants the pilot salary so she can have the ostentatious Skerrries home but keep her own nest egg, as you said, In the event of a divorce.

There's also something very off with telling the whole internet that you paid for every thing while he was studying and before he met you, he'd never eaten in a fancy restaurant......it's such a cheap dig to put him in his place. Do it out of love, because that's what you do, she clearly holds this shite over his head.

ALSO his family are well off, don't try and say he's never eaten in a fancy restaurant before meeting her, c'mon.

He will be sorry he married her... that's all I'm saying 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.