Melanie Murphy #12 I'm the only Mam in the village

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
no I don’t either but she’s so wrapped up in it that she doesn’t see anything wrong. recovered my arse.
Yeah, I agree. I mean, I've been there. There was a time where I would've been disgusted with myself for needing a large in a t-shirt. But we need to move past this sort of shite. Your worth doesn't depend on your clothing size. You can be a small at Zara and a medium or large at H&M. It's completely meaningless. She's not doing anyone a favour with her reels. We need to normalise these things, not make this into some sort of struggle.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
In what WORLD is she mid-size? Mid-size is the section right between straight-sizing and plus-sizing (aka L/XL)??? Does she really need to add oppression points for not being able to zip up a size medium?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
She literally has no idea how triggering she is and how much of an impact on her younger audiences the reel will have. Pretty sure Melanie has posted things like 'We were made to believe Bridget Jones is fat'. Melanie isn't 'mid-size', her highlighting this does not reassure anyone but herself It's not like 'hey look I don't fit in this size so you shouldn't worry either'. The shape of the dress is wrong for her, she's straight up and down so the bodycon size isn't the issue, it's the fact she's breastfeeding. The 'dolly partons' are the restrictive part, the zip would go up and would actually look alright on her if she wore a half decent bra ffs.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Whaaaaaat is with that dirty talk reel?? I don't think I've ever cringed so hard and I've seen a fair amount of cringe in my time. Thomas is so creepy looking in it too, just the rubbing of his hands together made my skin crawl, serious ick factor, and she made a CHILD with him 🤢🤢🤢

And the abomination from Zara is just that, hideous, girl has no style

Last edited:
  • Haha
She’s just so annoying 😩 every post she does irritates me but I just can’t unfollow 😂 Also does her bra have to hang out of every outfit?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Her advice for new mothers “An hour isn’t an hour anymore sometimes it’s 3 hours. Some days an hour is a week”

Erm, am I the only one who felt like in the first four or so months if you blinked 4 hours had passed... whats she on about?

Reactions: 10
Her advice for new mothers “An hour isn’t an hour anymore sometimes it’s 3 hours. Some days an hour is a week”

Erm, am I the only one who felt like in the first four or so months if you blinked 4 hours had passed... whats she on about?
Yes it’s so full on the first few months especially when their sleep is all over the place and your trying to figure out how everything works with bottles etc if my wee one wasn’t awake I was cleaning bottles or sorting the mountain of washing 🙈🙈 still doing this at 5 months tbh 😅 but it’s not as full on as it was those first few weeks when your going from only looking after yourself to looking after someone else too

Reactions: 5
Yes it’s so full on the first few months especially when their sleep is all over the place and your trying to figure out how everything works with bottles etc if my wee one wasn’t awake I was cleaning bottles or sorting the mountain of washing 🙈🙈 still doing this at 5 months tbh 😅 but it’s not as full on as it was those first few weeks when your going from only looking after yourself to looking after someone else too
Oh god I don’t mean it to sound like I’ve my tit together fully either. A year and a bit on and my house is still a constant circus but time doesn’t drag, especially in the beginning.

Not to trash talk the dead but she sounds like my ex. Loves the kid and the cuddles but has absolutely zero life skills and considers getting a food shop and bathing the kid in the same day as having a busy day. Feels tied down in a bad way i.e can’t come and go as they please. I might be projecting obviously but when you’ve lived with it you see it more when it’s displayed in someone else.

She isn’t a person I’d go to for any kind of advice. Hopefully the motherhood angle she’s trying to go down doesn’t work.

Reactions: 7
Has anybody seen the video about Melanie by the Youtuber à-bas-le-ciel?
Just stumbled upon it. Is it worth the watch?

Has anybody seen the video about Melanie by the Youtuber à-bas-le-ciel?
Just stumbled upon it. Is it worth the watch?
All I remember is that he calls her inane a lot. And for that reason, yes it's worth the watch :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
You goise I got another serious bout of superdupermammy brain and forgot to pack knickers hehe look at me wearing me husbands boxers isn’t that sexy

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
The thing is with her she's producing content that should have been stopped after the newborn stage. Most parents of healthy 10 month old babies have structure and routine back to their lives. I'm back at work now and won't pretend it's always easy but find our son slots more into our life now then when he was newborn. It just doesn't add up that she wants a big family and 2 under 2 when it seems to be such a struggle with her. This is also with Thomas barely working and not having a job where she is expected in the office at 8 or 9 in the morning. Its like she's one minute trying to play the natural breastfeeding mum who is super chilled and wants 5 kids (which doesn't match with how she parents her son from what we have seen) to boss working mum (who lives with her in laws and also has a husband at home the whole time the baby has been born). She's just not relatable to anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
You goise I got another serious bout of superdupermammy brain and forgot to pack knickers hehe look at me wearing me husbands boxers isn’t that sexy

When I think she can't outdo her pick me vibes she surpasses herself once more.

Also it's the faces she pulls for me. Howling but also so embarrassed for her. Absolute queen of over-acting. I'd be heartbroken if she ever stopped the reels.
Screenshot_20210728-152848.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
When I think she can't outdo her pick me vibes she surpasses herself once more.

Also it's the faces she pulls for me. Howling but also so embarrassed for her. Absolute queen of over-acting. I'd be heartbroken if she ever stopped the reels.
View attachment 684060
This! Pick me I’m not like the other girls mentality hits really hard.

Also kind of pathetic because this move of ‘i’m wearing my bf’s clothes’ is SO angsty teen! As always, muppet is stuck is her ‘wild’ teen years.

I honestly don’t know anyone who screams to the world about how they forgot their panties then proceed to take and share a photo of the moment. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Her son will def NOT be embarassed by her now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
“Me undies” 💀

No, mam brain doesn’t excuse that at all. I’ve female friends who wear their boyfriends boxers because they’re comfortable. They don’t highlight it to the world because it doesn’t matter. But you being unprepared to pack basic essentials isn’t mam brain it’s laziness.

• Heart
How the duck do you forget knickers. She just wanted to make a post about wearing her partner's boxers. I would be a terrible instagrammer. I'd just go to the shop and buy a 5 pack of pants 🤷‍♀️ no one on the internet would even know.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Screenshot_20210728-191531.png

Such a generic comment makes me feel like they copy and paste this into every initial email they send about a first draft 🙃. Just seems odd not to name the title or any of the characters. But maybe it's normal to seem that formal, I don't know anything about publishing a book etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
View attachment 684581

Such a generic comment makes me feel like they copy and paste this into every initial email they send about a first draft 🙃. Just seems odd not to name the title or any of the characters. But maybe it's normal to seem that formal, I don't know anything about publishing a book etc.
She wrote that to herself. Not a doubt in my mind

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.