Melanie Murphy #11 me neck, me back, I'm a hypochondriac

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok so the intuitive eating I sorta get. Apparently babies naturally do that, until they get older and learn to manipulate/are told to eat up etc etc. But her wording of it....Jesus wept...I want him to eat as I do 😍 like a student basically? Picking at processed waffles and making one serve dishes? A great example. I cannot wait until he's a toddler, then she'll know hardship 😂 and a teenager? Oh my 😎
It comes across like she afraid to give him stuff babies gums are rock hard ,she said he eats more if she's spoon feeding him obviously because he's hungry ,idk about anyone else's kids but mine only ate till they were full and then pushed it away if she's planning on having any kind of routine mealtimes will have to be at a set time or she'll struggle

Thing Is, she brags about her income and savings non stop... the statement about wanting to spend money on sustainable clothing instead (I'm assuming she meant for baby) She has the means to do both? Buy sustainable clothing and toys.

The toys he has from friends and family might be age appropriate now but might not be the case another few months from now? Store away what he's no longer using just like you would clothes for future children. Everything has to so complex with Melanie.

How has she no clue what solids he's consuming in a day? Must be because she never ventures downstairs to prepare his solids, that's another one of Thomas's job!
Yes of course you store things away if you're planning on more kids it seemed a stupid reasoning for why she doesn't want to buy toys , she's going to struggle terribly once Thomas gets his wings again .

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I thought she would be all over the wooden montessori style toys for him! Suprised that no one has bought toys for him, my friend was so strict that she didn't want plastic toys for her baby but her parents and parents in law completely ignored that 🤣.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I thought she would be all over the wooden montessori style toys for him! Suprised that no one has bought toys for him, my friend was so strict that she didn't want plastic toys for her baby but her parents and parents in law completely ignored that 🤣.
She's got Thomas to entertain him now it may change once she's left to fend for herself , my boys got a pull back Aer Lingus plane with lights and sounds his granny bought him a few years ago maybe I'll post it to her for old times sake 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The bit about him learning through people and nature is hilarious to me. She never leaves the attic unless accompanied by Thomas.

She's severely dependant and can't seem to understand you can provide learning and stimulation for your child in a variety of ways.

My mother was a single mum with 3 of us close in age. I have the best memories of my mother showing me how to change my baby borns nappy and dying my barbies hair 😂 but I also have great memories of walking through Forests and mum telling us stories about the fairies that lived in the trees and teaching us about the different flowers and fauna. You can be both.

You make your child's learning a blended experience of real world and learning through toys. Both as equally important. She's really implying that the only way a child learns and develops is through people.

Playing is an outlet. Let a child be a child. Child soldiers that go through rehabilitation have to re-learn how to play with toys, because they were robbed of a childhood, not only are toys a developmental tool they are therapeutic.

She's making out that lumps of plastic mean nothing. Am pure raging. She's an eejit lol

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The bit about him learning through people and nature is hilarious to me. She never leaves the attic unless accompanied by Thomas.

She's severely dependant and can't seem to understand you can provide learning and stimulation for your child in a variety of ways.

My mother was a single mum with 3 of us close in age. I have the best memories of my mother showing me how to change my baby borns nappy and dying my barbies hair 😂 but I also have great memories of walking through Forests and mum telling us stories about the fairies that lived in the trees and teaching us about the different flowers and fauna. You can be both.

You make your child's learning a blended experience of real world and learning through toys. Both as equally important. She's really implying that the only way a child learns and develops is through people.

Playing is an outlet. Let a child be a child. Child soldiers that go through rehabilitation have to re-learn how to play with toys, because they were robbed of a childhood, not only are toys a developmental tool they are therapeutic.

She's making out that lumps of plastic mean nothing. Am pure raging. She's an eejit lol
Your mum sounds like the best x ...she's so frigid I couldn't even picture her taking him to softplay ,she's still breastfeeding an 8/9 month old every 3 hrs surely that's not normal ,she's said how much she loves the little person he's growing into but to me she still see's him as that newborn dependant on her for everything ...helicopter parenting at it's finest.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Your mum sounds like the best x ...she's so frigid I couldn't even picture her taking him to softplay ,she's still breastfeeding an 8/9 month old every 3 hrs surely that's not normal ,she's said how much she loves the little person he's growing into but to me she still see's him as that newborn dependant on her for everything ...helicopter parenting at it's finest.
She’s gonna have to stop breastfeeding him at some point and I don’t think she’ll take it very well. I assumed once they started weaning they wouldn’t want to be on the breast as much

She’s gonna have to stop breastfeeding him at some point and I don’t think she’ll take it very well. I assumed once they started weaning they wouldn’t want to be on the breast as much
I didn't breastfeed so idk how it works but mine cut down drastically on formula once they started weaning ,if she's still breastfeeding that often he's not going to take many solids his stomach wouldn't hold them ,that's why I wonder how intuitive eating will factor ,he's not going to be hungry with her constantly breastfeeding him ?

Haha I think so but I'm biased ♥

Melanie's bit about buying buying lumps of plastic every week is the shittest hot take. You buy smart. My mother would let us pick out babies clothes from the second hand shops for our baby borns! We would then donate the clothes back! We also sent toys to Africa. Money was tight and Melanie makes it seem that it's so expensive and wasteful when it doesn't have to be.

Yeah she's creating a mini Melanie. She never talks or shares updates on the wee man's progress or funny little stories but we constantly have to hear how limited her life is now, how her "flesh suit" is now mid size 😑 and how empowered she is since being a mother. It's all about her. That's really sad, and yeah total helicopter parent. School will be very tough on him if she continues to treat him as an extension of herself rather than him as his own person.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Haha I think so but I'm biased ♥

Melanie's bit about buying buying lumps of plastic every week is the shittest hot take. You buy smart. My mother would let us pick out babies clothes from the second hand shops for our baby borns! We would then donate the clothes back! We also sent toys to Africa. Money was tight and Melanie makes it seem that it's so expensive and wasteful when it doesn't have to be.

Yeah she's creating a mini Melanie. She never talks or shares updates on the wee man's progress or funny little stories but we constantly have to hear how limited her life is now, how her "flesh suit" is now mid size 😑 and how empowered she is since being a mother. It's all about her. That's really sad, and yeah total helicopter parent. School will be very tough on him if she continues to treat him as an extension of herself rather than him as his own person.
I think it'll get worse once Thomas goes the baby will be her only focus and Milo will have lost his only outlet to be near other family members ,unless she moves in with her dad ! she's going to go crazy in that attic otherwise ,she'll never be able to parent on her own she still puts herself before the child it's going to be a big wake up call for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She pretends to care about sustainability to shield herself from any valid criticisms. Can't buy toys for your kids development because they'll end up in landfill? But will happily shill a fast fashion subscription service and buy processed foods that are likely all wrapped in single use plastic when she has all the time and resources to cook whole meals from scratch. There are so many small changes she could actually make in terms of being more sustainable but instead of making sacrifices in her own day to day life she decides to make sacrifices in her sons life. I feel bad saying this but I feel so sad for that baby, he's going to suffer the ramifications of being raised by a narcissist.

They make so many wooden toys now, and even plastic toys can be donated to underprivileged families, her arguments for everything are so shortsighted and fallible.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
There's so much to say about this response but I'll just add - Her reasoning for not buying toys for her child is very strange saying it's wasteful lumps of plastic, you can buy toys made from sustainable material, you can buy second-hand? Isn't she planning on having more children? Toys can be passed down?

When Melanie was promoting Fabletics and posting new outfits all the time her reasoning was she will rewear them the rest of her life.. But she can't re-use toys?

She says she doesn't want to shove toys in front of him... She wants to play with him, YOU TEACH HIM HOW TO PLAY, YOU GET INVOLVED? My mother is a very gifted writer and she always made up the most incredible storylines for playtime with dolls and babies etc
Melanie is a best-selling author and she can't see how beneficial this is to a child's learning?? She can't see how immersing her son into stories with toys is a child's way of making sense of the world and their own place in It?

Haha great minds!! Good to see you back xx
So true and such a weird thing to say. I don't have kids and never will (my own choice) but i LOVE old toys - the ones from Antiques roadshow or the wooden kinds. Because I'm a curious person I couldn't help but to google the history of toys (cause according to her all are made of plastic). It took one try, 60 seconds, and two search words: toys history, for wikipedia to tell me that the history of toys. It can be traced back all the way to antiquity - around the Indus river, as well as Egypt and Rome - we're talking back in 2000 BCE!!! But, hmm, sure yeah, kids don't need toy *eyeroll*

• Heart
  • Haha
@monga I reckon she will move back in with her dad. It's basically june already and zero updates on their plans for the UK? If you were going as a family, you'd be trying to make moves to get settled now, so it seems like a solo venture.

She pretends to care about sustainability to shield herself from any valid criticisms. Can't buy toys for your kids development because they'll end up in landfill? But will happily shill a fast fashion subscription service and buy processed foods that are likely all wrapped in single use plastic when she has all the time and resources to cook whole meals from scratch. There are so many small changes she could actually make in terms of being more sustainable but instead of making sacrifices in her own day to day life she decides to make sacrifices in her sons life. I feel bad saying this but I feel so sad for that baby, he's going to suffer the ramifications of being raised by a narcissist.

They make so many wooden toys now, and even plastic toys can be donated to underprivileged families, her arguments for everything are so shortsighted and fallible.
This post is just perfection. Nailed it.♥

Gas that a woman who makes coin from food diary Friday's has never once shown a home cooked meal once.
*Pre-cooked pasta in plastic with happy pear
pesto.
*Gluten free frozen pizza
*Frozen Amy's kitchen lasagne.

She's said she barely gets round to laundry, never seems to venture outside the attic, doesn't cook or have an entire household to tidy or bills to pay. She doesn't have a regular upload schedule- once a week uploads and prior to leaving Fabletics a sponsorship post would consist of a two piece set photographed in the attic. So I'm failing to understand how she's so busy and what she's doing with her time, when she can't seem to do basic chores and treats her SM like a word vomit diary once a week, quiet mostly from Monday- Thursday then a duck ton of posts/ a video in one day. It's her job??😂

• Heart
@monga I reckon she will move back in with her dad. It's basically june already and zero updates on their plans for the UK? If you were going as a family, you'd be trying to make moves to get settled now, so it seems like a solo venture.

This post is just perfection. Nailed it.♥

Gas that a woman who makes coin from food diary Friday's has never once shown a home cooked meal once.
*Pre-cooked pasta in plastic with happy pear
pesto.
*Gluten free frozen pizza
*Frozen Amy's kitchen lasagne.

She's said she barely gets round to laundry, never seems to venture outside the attic, doesn't cook or have an entire household to tidy or bills to pay. She doesn't have a regular upload schedule- once a week uploads and prior to leaving Fabletics a sponsorship post would consist of a two piece set photographed in the attic. So I'm failing to understand how she's so busy and what she's doing with her time, when she can't seem to do basic chores and treats her SM like a word vomit diary once a week, quiet mostly from Monday- Thursday then a duck ton of posts/ a video in one day. It's her job??😂
Yip ! she'll never stay in that attic on her own it's back to her safe space she'll go !

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The sheer fact that she refers to toys as lumps of plastic is telling of how she sees them. As nothing more than a waste and an inconvenience.
Don't want plastic? Don't buy it. Buy wood or metal or whatever you prefer. Don't want tons of toys and feel like you already got plenty as gifts? Don't get any more then.
But don't paint it like kids with toys won't have any social interaction and only interact with their toys. And don't make videos where you teach your son that blind cords are toys.

• Heart
The sheer fact that she refers to toys as lumps of plastic is telling of how she sees them. As nothing more than a waste and an inconvenience.
Don't want plastic? Don't buy it. Buy wood or metal or whatever you prefer. Don't want tons of toys and feel like you already got plenty as gifts? Don't get any more then.
But don't paint it like kids with toys won't have any social interaction and only interact with their toys. And don't make videos where you teach your son that blind cords are toys.
She'll be in for a shock ( unless she plans to homeschool ) as early years is learning through play ! that involves a lot of plastic blocks, jigsaws ,dressing up ,sand /water aswell as social interactions ...maybe she could make him a " sock puppet " that seems to be her forte ;) ...and very inexpensive .

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Teaching him it’s a play thing is a bad idea , I think I’d rather invest in the lumps of plastic . If she’s planning on having more kids I’m sure she’d get multiple uses from them and where are these good quality clothes she’s been buying him 🤔
Mels, I have two degrees in a STEM subject and played with plastic toys as a kid but go off I guess

• Heart
Reactions: 11
How has she no clue what solids he's consuming in a day? Must be because she never ventures downstairs to prepare his solids, that's another one of Thomas's job!
[/QUOTE]
You are spot on, no way would she venture alone to the kitchen to make him something homemade. Its been said to death but I am constantly astounded as to how little common sense she has regarding the baby. Its getting to the point where its very very hazardous! The car seat, blind cord etc is just plain stupidity. I couldn't believe it when she wouldn't accept responsibility about the car seat and blamed the manufacturers for not pointing about them being rear facing. Does that mean all cots have to have a list of safe sleeping guidelines for preventing sids? The point is as a parent you have a duty of care and you need to be bleeping switched on!

• Heart
Just wow. Just when you think she can't get any worse, there she goes letting her kid play with a blind cord. Everyone with half a brain cell knows that's so unsafe. There is definitely something desperately wrong with her mental health, she is actually a dangerous person at this point. My child is a few months older than hers and we made a point to try and use wooden toys as much as possible but aren't against plastic we are just wary of how much of it we buy her. We also find great stuff in charity shops, ebay and have had a good few hand me downs from friends as well. There are plenty of storage options out there as well if it's a clutter issue she's worried about. I don't spoil my daughter but it's so bloody important for her development that she has these things to help her learn. I genuinely cannot get my head around how little she actually knows about raising a child.
Oh and don't get me started on the intuitive eating thing. Jesus wept! Your child will stop eating when he's full, it's really not that complicated. Pick times for your meals. If he's hungry he'll eat. Children actually need routine in their lives, all humans do to an extent. I don't get her aversion to it. I was very baby led in the beginning when my daughter was a newborn because you kind of don't have a choice but we had to learn to fit into each others lives, I had to go back to work and I also wanted time alone/with friends/with my husband. How can she expect to have any of that without some sort of routine.
She is batshit crazy!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Just wow. Just when you think she can't get any worse, there she goes letting her kid play with a blind cord. Everyone with half a brain cell knows that's so unsafe. There is definitely something desperately wrong with her mental health, she is actually a dangerous person at this point. My child is a few months older than hers and we made a point to try and use wooden toys as much as possible but aren't against plastic we are just wary of how much of it we buy her. We also find great stuff in charity shops, ebay and have had a good few hand me downs from friends as well. There are plenty of storage options out there as well if it's a clutter issue she's worried about. I don't spoil my daughter but it's so bloody important for her development that she has these things to help her learn. I genuinely cannot get my head around how little she actually knows about raising a child.
Oh and don't get me started on the intuitive eating thing. Jesus wept! Your child will stop eating when he's full, it's really not that complicated. Pick times for your meals. If he's hungry he'll eat. Children actually need routine in their lives,
She is batshit crazy!!!!
She is deffo batshit crazy hahaha. Its mad how she demonises anything rational ordinary parents like us do, who actually have a routine. I think its because you have to be organised to establish it which she isnt. The reason she's so anti routine is probably a defence mechanism to justify not having one. It is so strange, she looks so on edge with the baby all the time and by not having a routine, it sounds like the newborn stage of not knowing your arse from your elbow. I would crack up without one, me and my partner enjoy having our evenings back and are better parents for it

Side note, it's actually recommended by the NHS that you feed them at the same time each day to establish mealtimes!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She is deffo batshit crazy hahaha. Its mad how she demonises anything rational ordinary parents like us do, who actually have a routine. I think its because you have to be organised to establish it which she isnt. The reason she's so anti routine is probably a defence mechanism to justify not having one. It is so strange, she looks so on edge with the baby all the time and by not having a routine, it sounds like the newborn stage of not knowing your arse from your elbow. I would crack up without one, me and my partner enjoy having our evenings back and are better parents for it

Side note, it's actually recommended by the NHS that you feed them at the same time each day to establish mealtimes!
Wait, has she said they don’t have established meal times? I’d absolutely crack up if we didn’t! From the time he was born 2am/pm, 6am/pm, 10am/pm was bottles now he has breakfast, lunch, dinner and then evening bottle at basically the same time every day. Everyone knows their arse from their elbow and we’re all good with the system. Kid sleeps a dream most of the time because he knows the score and we have our evenings from 7:30-8pm.

No wonder she feels she never has time to do anything she has no structure in her life.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.