Melanie Murphy #11 me neck, me back, I'm a hypochondriac

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kids definitely need toys!!! She could even just buy a few toys, it doesn't need to be a huge amount. I don't understand it at all. Just shows how messed up her thought processes are.
I feel so sorry for her child honestly how does she expect him to learn how to interact and engage and use his imagination if he has no toys to play with, that’s honestly shocking that you would think of depriving a child of that. They don’t need a lot of toys like but they do need something it’s how they learn

Reactions: 16
I think early on I expected Mel would be the sort to buy her child toys for beyond his current capabilities/stage of development - 'look at my 18 month old already doing 4 year old puzzles, he's so advanced' style. Maybe that will happen next.

Reactions: 15
Watch these next few months. It's very hard for parents like her to back down from these kind of statements and it will be the child that suffers.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I'm sensing two possible outcomes- a mother shaming rant on stories or a passive aggressive reel a la Twitter-gate
Yeah, exactly the point I made on here. And her saying they supervise him is shortsighted as well. If they let him play with it now (albeit supervised) he will see the cord as a toy growing up. And continue to do so in the future which will be a hazard then. Because, especially when they have more kids, they won't supervise him the same way they do now.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Yeah, exactly the point I made on here. And her saying they supervise him is shortsighted as well. If they let him play with it now (albeit supervised) he will see the cord as a toy growing up. And continue to do so in the future which will be a hazard then. Because, especially when they have more kids, they won't supervise him the same way they do now.
Absolutely agree, he's now going to associate it as a plaything ( how sad) and also the household stuff she allows as toys aren't going to give him any mental stimulation. Chewing on a chopping board laced with bacteria?? A blind cord. Give the child building blocks, they aren't expensive. She's not even tight, she's selfish.

As the poster said, true as gospel, Melanie will spend money on her questionable taste in fashion and jewellery but thinks it's mom goals and progressive to allow your child to make do with playing with household utensils.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
How has she never seen that public safety add about keeping blind cords out of reach of children? Has she never read take a break magazine? That seems to have at least one “I looked away for one second, and my child went straight to the blind cord” story per issue. I don’t have kids and I know you’ve to keep them well away from them. Who does she think is impressed by this behaviour?

• Heart
How has she never seen that public safety add about keeping blind cords out of reach of children? Has she never read take a break magazine? That seems to have at least one “I looked away for one second, and my child went straight to the blind cord” story per issue. I don’t have kids and I know you’ve to keep them well away from them. Who does she think is impressed by this behaviour?
Even when you buy blinds now they come with attachments that keep the blind cords attached to the wall safely for the very reason to keep them away from kids.
Is she actually trolling ? How does she not know this .

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Just watch out for the reel on being shamed.
And then in a few years watch out for her bringing out her own line of children's toys or doing sponsored posts for them.
If she doesn't like buying tons of toys, there are subscription boxes for toys where you get new ones every month and then return them for other ones at the end of the month or keep them for a bit more money. But ey, blind cords are just so much more relatable and better. And we are all trolling by suggesting that might not be the safe choice.

• Heart
I know next to nothing about babies but even I know better than to let a child play with any kind of cord, that's just so dangerous and irresponsible. Thats up there with letting your child play with an electrical wall socket or a butter knife and toaster.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Just watch out for the reel on being shamed.
And then in a few years watch out for her bringing out her own line of children's toys or doing sponsored posts for them.
If she doesn't like buying tons of toys, there are subscription boxes for toys where you get new ones every month and then return them for other ones at the end of the month or keep them for a bit more money. But ey, blind cords are just so much more relatable and better. And we are all trolling by suggesting that might not be the safe choice.
Noooo I was hoping no one would post about toy subscriptions. I didn’t want to give her the idea and then she posts about it like she came up with it and she’s so brilliant and sustainable.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She is a bleeping idiot. A kid in my town was killed from a blind cord. Imagine actually teaching them that it's a toy...

• Sad
Is she putting him up to the cord? There's no way he is tall enough to reach it unless it's low.

Reactions: 2
Is she putting him up to the cord? There's no eacway he is tall enough to reach it unless it's low.
Teaching him it’s a play thing is a bad idea , I think I’d rather invest in the lumps of plastic . If she’s planning on having more kids I’m sure she’d get multiple uses from them and where are these good quality clothes she’s been buying him 🤔

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 13
There's so much to say about this response but I'll just add - Her reasoning for not buying toys for her child is very strange saying it's wasteful lumps of plastic, you can buy toys made from sustainable material, you can buy second-hand? Isn't she planning on having more children? Toys can be passed down?

When Melanie was promoting Fabletics and posting new outfits all the time her reasoning was she will rewear them the rest of her life.. But she can't re-use toys?

She says she doesn't want to shove toys in front of him... She wants to play with him, YOU TEACH HIM HOW TO PLAY, YOU GET INVOLVED? My mother is a very gifted writer and she always made up the most incredible storylines for playtime with dolls and babies etc
Melanie is a best-selling author and she can't see how beneficial this is to a child's learning?? She can't see how immersing her son into stories with toys is a child's way of making sense of the world and their own place in It?

Teaching him it’s a play thing is a bad idea , I think I’d rather invest in the lumps of plastic . If she’s planning on having more kids I’m sure she’d get multiple uses from them and where are these good quality clothes she’s been buying him 🤔
Haha great minds!! Good to see you back xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
There's so much to say about this response but I'll just add - Her reasoning for not buying toys for her child is very strange saying it's wasteful lumps of plastic, you can buy toys made from sustainable material, you can buy second-hand? Isn't she planning on having more children? Toys can be passed down?

When Melanie was promoting Fabletics and posting new outfits all the time her reasoning was she will rewear them the rest of her life.. But she can't re-use toys?

The last part "I'd prefer to spend money on sustainable comfortable clothes" is she saying there she would rather spend money on clothes for herself than buy toys for her kid? Because it reads like that, to me anyway.

This is another puzzlement to me “ intuitive eating “ for a baby that can’t communicate yet! It maybe alright for an older child but a baby will usually just spit out the food once it’s had enough I don’t know what she’s worried about.
5AD54DC5-D761-41A4-B720-AB6B59C63EC5.jpeg

She says she doesn't want to shove toys in front of me... She wants to play with him, YOU TEACH HIM HOW TO PLAY, YOU GET INVOLVED? My mother is a very gifted writer and she always made up the most incredible storylines for playtime with dolls and babies etc
Melanie is a best-selling author and she can't see how beneficial this is to a child's learning?? She can't see how immersing her son into story's with toys is a child's way of making sense of the world and their own place in It?

You could be right maybe it’s clothes for herself she means that’s why I wondered what clothes she’s bought him I’ve never seen him in anything only the #gifted stuff.

• Angry
Reactions: 11
Ok so the intuitive eating I sorta get. Apparently babies naturally do that, until they get older and learn to manipulate/are told to eat up etc etc. But her wording of it....Jesus wept...I want him to eat as I do 😍 like a student basically? Picking at processed waffles and making one serve dishes? A great example. I cannot wait until he's a toddler, then she'll know hardship 😂 and a teenager? Oh my 😎

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
This is another puzzlement to me “ intuitive eating “ for a baby that can’t communicate yet! It maybe alright for an older child but a baby will usually just spit out the food once it’s had enough I don’t know what she’s worried about.View attachment 586117

You could be right maybe it’s clothes for herself she means that’s why I wondered what clothes she’s bought him I’ve never seen him in anything only the #gifted stuff.

Thing Is, she brags about her income and savings non stop... the statement about wanting to spend money on sustainable clothing instead (I'm assuming she meant for baby) She has the means to do both? Buy sustainable clothing and toys.

The toys he has from friends and family might be age appropriate now but might not be the case another few months from now? Store away what he's no longer using just like you would clothes for future children. Everything has to be so so complex with Melanie.

How has she no clue what solids he's consuming in a day? Must be because she never ventures downstairs to prepare his solids, that's another one of Thomas's job!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.