Megan Ellaby #3 AKA Beg-an Ellaby. Full time chiller, addicted to filler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow “too posh to push” is a level of misogyny I had hoped we had long since elevated society from.

As if a C section is some how the easy option 🤦‍♀️ and she is ladymuck.

Reactions: 26
Wow I am getting some hate for this but my own friends who have had elective c sections have literally told me the reasons why (don’t want to ruin their vag being the number 1!!!).
I personally don’t agree having an elective for that reason and agree it’s massively misogynistic, but am guessing megan will be of a similar mindset.
I've noticed it’s definitely a middle/upper class thing where the husband doesn’t want his wife ruined by a vaginal birth aka too posh to push 🤮

Reactions: 7
Wow I am getting some hate for this but my own friends who have had elective c sections have literally told me the reasons why (don’t want to ruin their vag being the number 1!!!).
I personally don’t agree with it and agree it’s massively misogynistic, but am guessing megan will be of a similar mindset.
I said that to my friends, the reality was I was a sexual assault victim as a child and had psychological issues that meant I couldn’t cope with regular intrusive vaginal examinations during a stressful time. This is the case for thousands of women and they don’t owe any one an explanation for that.

Subsequently I have gone onto have VBAC with the help of extensive therapy but the thought of people judging me due to the way I birthed my baby makes me feel ill.

When a patient makes a choice that is available to them (about any procedure), with full knowledge and input from their medical team it is the business of no one else but them and their medical team.

The way a woman chooses to give birth is a bloody vile thing to judge them on.

This is an interesting read
It is rare that we see a man castigated for their “elective” medical choices.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I said that to my friends, the reality was I was a sexual assault victim as a child and had psychological issues that meant I couldn’t cope with regular intrusive vaginal examinations during a stressful time. This is the case for thousands of women and they don’t owe any one an explanation for that.

Subsequently I have gone onto have VBAC with the help of extensive therapy but the thought of people judging me due to the way I birthed my baby makes me feel ill.

When a patient makes a choice that is available to them (about any procedure), with full knowledge and input from their medical team it is the business of no one else but them and their medical team.

The way a woman chooses to give birth is a bloody vile thing to judge them on.

This is an interesting read
It is rare that we see a man castigated for their “elective” medical choices.
I’m only judging people who have electives for unnecessary reasons.
I totally support women who require an elective for medical or personal reasons.

worrying that you will have a “loose vagina” and your husband won’t enjoy sex afterwards isn’t a legit reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m only judging people who have electives for unnecessary reasons.
I totally support women who require an elective for medical or personal reasons.

worrying that you will have a “loose vagina” and your husband won’t enjoy sex afterwards isn’t a legit reason.
But we wouldn’t know Megan’s reason? In the same way my friends wouldn’t know my reason.

Lots of things in life are ideal - vaginal birth, breastfeeding, etc., but we live in a world of patient choice. Shaming women for circumstances that only their doctors are privy to, seems really unfair.
It’s a woman’s choice, in the same way termination is a woman’s choice.

Women have a hard enough time on this planet without everyone else piling on about birthing choices.

The second you get pregnant you feel like you become public property. People are touching you, giving out unsolicited advice about pregnancy, birth and babies. To then have people weighing in on a choice you make with medical advice is just horrible and backward.

The number of unnecessary electives performed in the U.K. is low because doctors here are trained in a very different system where they don’t leap to the most expensive option at the behest of a patient. They explore options and talk things through.

Reactions: 21
But we wouldn’t know Megan’s reason? In the same way my friends wouldn’t know my reason.

Lots of things in life are ideal - vaginal birth, breastfeeding, etc., but we live in a world of patient choice. Shaming women for circumstances that only their doctors are privy to, seems really unfair.
It’s a woman’s choice, in the same way termination is a woman’s choice.

Women have a hard enough time on this planet without everyone else piling on about birthing choices.

The second you get pregnant you feel like you become public property. People are touching you, giving out unsolicited advice about pregnancy, birth and babies. To then have people weighing in on a choice you make with medical advice is just horrible and backward.

The number of unnecessary electives performed in the U.K. is low because doctors here are trained in a very different system where they don’t leap to the most expensive option at the behest of a patient. They explore options and talk things through.
Literally the friends I know who had an elective only asked once. They didn’t need to fight for it.
But I’ll leave it there, lots of people are taking this personally when it’s not about them at all.

Reactions: 6
I’m using personal (and professional) experience to discuss what I see as gross misogyny but I’m not taking your words personally.

I think the queen of duck lip is insufferable and her “oh so dreamy” insensitivity about pregnancy comes from a place of being as thick as two short planks. I’ve little doubt she will be preachy and uppity about whichever way she decides is best to birth her baby, I hope it all works out for her.

I think women have enough pressures when pregnant and birthing without this endless, misogynistic “too posh to push” nonsense.

I am not going to go back and forth further on this because it only fuels further woman hating.

Reactions: 12
I’m just confused as didnt she say the baby would be 4 months when the wedding is taking place and she seems to feel that’s old enough for her to have a normal wedding. I’m not sure she realises how much time you have to spend with your baby for months and months. I exclusively breast feed so I guess it’s tougher because I can’t give my baby to anyone but the idea of trying to have a wedding when my baby was that small sounds stressful AF. Total nightmare. Also at 4 months their sleep suddenly goes haywire and it gets even tougher.
Maybe she’s going to pay for lots of help? It just seems she might be in for a shock as to how hard the first year is.
But I guess her baby will be far more ‘dreamy’ than anyone else’s n it’ll all be smooth sailing. 😉
THIS!! I have exclusively breastfed and having a wedding with a 4 month old would be HELL on earth! Regardless of the breastfeeding (which is literally laying on the sofa 24/7 with your boobs out for months) - the 4 month sleep regression absolutely kicks your arse so bad that you don't know which way is up! She really had no idea what is in store for her and I get the sense that she is way too self absorbed (we know George certainly is) to understand just how much this baby will dominate every single second of her day. The first year is pure survival mode!

Reactions: 17
THIS!! I have exclusively breastfed and having a wedding with a 4 month old would be HELL on earth! Regardless of the breastfeeding (which is literally laying on the sofa 24/7 with your boobs out for months) - the 4 month sleep regression absolutely kicks your arse so bad that you don't know which way is up! She really had no idea what is in store for her and I get the sense that she is way too self absorbed (we know George certainly is) to understand just how much this baby will dominate every single second of her day. The first year is pure survival mode!
She really don’t know what’s coming, does she! I always like to call the first year of motherhood a very very lovely but hard slap in the face 😂

This is definitely cause she hasn't had her fillers for almost a year! She won't have been able to during the first lockdown and then she got pregnant so presumably isn't able to have them anymore. So she's having to manipulate her face even more to make her cheekbones look as defined as they were. Some of her stories this last week have been ridiculous- it's so obvious that her definition has gone but trying to suck her entire face in just makes her look like she's sucking a wasp

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I was in a mother and baby unit with my last son. So my third child. He was born on a dual carriageway with no medical assistance. I got very poorly.
It's not fair this dreamy world she harps on about. I still mourn not being to do normal things with my son that first year. I think I will find it difficult to see the dreamscape once the baby arrives.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
So glad it’s not just me! I’ve just got through year 1. 😂 Just doing small inconsequential tasks involves so much planning and effort. I wonder if she thinks she’s gonna have the big rock n roll wedding with booze n coke etc... I imagine that was what was planned pre baby. I’m fascinated to see what happens. If I were her I’d wait til the baby was like 3 n have her be a part of the wedding - that’d be way more fun. But I assume she wants to lock George down ASAP after all the rumours.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I still cannot picture George as a dad...it seems so strange 🤔 I wonder what kind of a father he will be? I also wonder if lockdown hadn't hit, how would he treat pregnant megs? Would he still be leering over girls in his bar and making sexual remarks? Hmm

• Sick
Reactions: 15
I think it’s madness they planned a baby when she is so young so has plenty of time and they have a wedding - why not wait one year! My wedding was the most fun Iv ever had - I love my baby but the thought of her there and so young is an awful thought!! She will get the shock of Her life how much her lifestyle is going to change, although she will probably pay for help to minimise that! I agree I can imagine her opting for a c section, which electively does carry more risks, with only george in mind!!

Reactions: 14
Clearly I’m not a Megan fan otherwise I wouldn’t be here... but I so don’t get all the comments about the c section which she may or may not have (seems to be pure speculation at the moment unless I missed something?) If she has one we don’t know the reasons why and don’t need to know. It’s her choice. Personally couldn’t give a tit which birth method she uses and would never ever judge anyone on their choices around this. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but I just think she does enough actually crappy things to witch about without the need to slag off her personal choices about her own body/childbirth (which she may or may not be making).

Reactions: 28
Clearly I’m not a Megan fan otherwise I wouldn’t be here... but I so don’t get all the comments about the c section which she may or may not have (seems to be pure speculation at the moment unless I missed something?) If she has one we don’t know the reasons why and don’t need to know. It’s her choice. Personally couldn’t give a tit which birth method she uses and would never ever judge anyone on their choices around this. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but I just think she does enough actually crappy things to witch about without the need to slag off her personal choices about her own body/childbirth (which she may or may not be making).
Gossip/speculation - what’s the difference. No we don’t know, just like we don’t know a lot of things for sure. We speculate/gossip. Not sure what the problem is?

Gossip/speculation - what’s the difference. No we don’t know, just like we don’t know a lot of things for sure. We speculate/gossip. Not sure what the problem is?
That’s fine if you don’t see the problem. Like I said, everyone is entitled to their opinion 👍🏻

Reactions: 1
I agree! No matter what people think of her, she's entitled to her own birth choice! Women get enough tit !!

Reactions: 10
Urgh. C-Sections are most definitely not the easy option. As long as your baby is born safe and well, who gives a tit how its born. You don't get any medals for giving birth naturally but you DO get all the judgement in the world for have a section (regardless of the reasons) despite the horrendous recovery time and the lack of immediate bonding. I won't judge Megan for having a section if she does have one as it's none of my business how she brings her child into the world. I had a section because my daughter was arse first with extended legs, I lost a lot of blood and was a bit unwell after it but despite that I was glad, I didn't want to give birth - the thought of it terrified me and still does. So what? I didn't breast feed either and my kid is 17 now and healthier than me.

Soz for the rant but it really chaps my ass when people chuck the 'too posh to push' tit about. It's your body, your kid, your choice. C-Section shaming needs to stay in the past like all the other tit women get ragged for.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.