Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Emalabemela

I would have thought Marc Jacobs team approved the post?
True. My god they need to up their standards. It’s one of the most embarrassing things I’ve seen. Just so sloppy.

I think it looks lazy and unprofessional. Hate to think how much she earned from that effort.
My god I dread to think. Does anyone know how much an ad on insta stories would be for a big brand like marc jacobs.

Reactions: 6

aimzalicious

VIP Member
Is Dusty a common/normal name in the UK? Apart from D.Springfield the only other time i've seen it is when Adam Levine and Behati Prisloo named their daughter Dusty Rose. It sounds strange to me, like literally makes me think of dust hahaha
Nope, not common at all, the kid will 100% get bullied at school if it gets named Dusty because like you say, it just reminds people of dust. 😂

I personally think she'll surprise us with a relatively normal name for her little girl - like Olivia or something like that.

chunkylover53

Chatty Member
The “rainbow babe” Instagram post - did I miss something? Is this a rainbow baby as in, she’s lost a baby/had a miscarriage previously?
To be fair, I’ve only learnt that term this year through social media (I thought the poster was just gushing over their baby and didn’t know it had any reference to miscarriages until I looked it up) so maybe she didn’t know what it meant?

I definitely think Dusty is a good shout! Hopefully they don’t go too ‘out there’. I feel like Megan would still want to go kinda traditional for the name, so maybe a mix of both.

lolhi2020

She definitely hid that well! I'm surprised, but also not surprised. If that makes sense...

Really interested to see what they'll be naming their little girl! I can DEFINITELY see it as something music related like Bowie, Dusty, Freddie, Holiday, Joni, Stevie. I'm not really a fan of traditional names myself so would love to see something like that.

Thinking back it all kind of makes sense now. I do hope she'll start sharing more personal stuff again now that the news is out, as that was what I used to enjoy the most from her content.

Camille6

Is this referring to someone in particular? X
It might not but I think it might be to a knock off megan who was posted on her. Identical in every way you can imagine lol but my comment about her got deleted so perhaps we can’t talk about randoms even tho she’s a wanna be influencer, who shops Megan’s brand and is stealing her identity lol

Burrito88

VIP Member
But we wouldn’t know Megan’s reason? In the same way my friends wouldn’t know my reason.

Lots of things in life are ideal - vaginal birth, breastfeeding, etc., but we live in a world of patient choice. Shaming women for circumstances that only their doctors are privy to, seems really unfair.
It’s a woman’s choice, in the same way termination is a woman’s choice.

Women have a hard enough time on this planet without everyone else piling on about birthing choices.

The second you get pregnant you feel like you become public property. People are touching you, giving out unsolicited advice about pregnancy, birth and babies. To then have people weighing in on a choice you make with medical advice is just horrible and backward.

The number of unnecessary electives performed in the U.K. is low because doctors here are trained in a very different system where they don’t leap to the most expensive option at the behest of a patient. They explore options and talk things through.
Literally the friends I know who had an elective only asked once. They didn’t need to fight for it.
But I’ll leave it there, lots of people are taking this personally when it’s not about them at all.

Why is she sharing such a random clip of Freddie Mercury to her story, is she trying to look cool and edgy sharing a joke about sex ? And she didn't even say anything about it it's just... random

aimzalicious

VIP Member
First time poster long time lurker hi guys 👋🏻

I’ve never posted on here before, but just want to say... what is with Megan’s styling recently? Her waistcoat styling reel has just come up on my Instagram and none of the outfits go together at all!

like it’s great, feel confident in what you wear and if you’re happy then great..but.... I just don’t get it! Someone said something similar before but I used to LOVE what she wore now it’s like clash way too far!

someone commented “I see somebody got dressed in the dark again” omg :D
Her styling reel popped up on my IG too, despite me not following her. I've never been a fan of a waistcoat tbh, but all the outfits are truly tragic. I especially hope this massive collar trend will die soon 🤞🏻

Emalabemela

I've heard of about 20 babies on my insta during lockdown that have been given the middle name "Rae"...why? 🤣

I still think she was gonna call her baby Daisy until she saw we cottoned on, then she's just thought....SHIT WHAT CAN I CALL HER??!?!?!...seen her nearest DrEaMy scented gold gel pen and thought...yep Goldie..
Oh the influencer name game.. 🙄 it’s like a couple of years ago when influencer babies were all called grey/gray/Grayson shortened to gray...
Raes one of those filler names like Mae so the name almost becomes double barrelled.
I’m just so glad she didn’t name her my child’s name I kept thinking it’d happen just to annoy me. Phewwwww 😂

ceecee454

Chatty Member
to be honest, i think in hindsight we put WAY too much leverage on people like Megan speaking up for things like BLM. Yes she disappeared around that time, but until we're all just assuming something we don't know...

No offence, but as a black woman, i couldn't give two fucks what Megan's performative acts around BLM are, she could have had a breakdown for all we know, not sure why it matters so much for her to be active online, posting about it
If she had continued posting all the BLM hyped books, It would have been even worse i think....just a reminder that just because someone isn't posting online, doesn't mean they're not doing anything x
i think the thing with this is when some
has influence there is some
kind of unstated obligation to share information, be that facts, opinions, but specifically resources. white people have so much work to do to and if she feels able to influence people
into buying clothes/home wears why not use that influence to encourage people to start making change for our benefit? (minority groups)

What in the hell is she doing to that poor dog (whose body language is saying get the fuck off me please)... so embarrassing. What does she think she looks like?! I literally got cringe chills watching that. If I were the Marc Jacobs PR team I’d be asking Her to take that down.
I would have thought Marc Jacobs team approved the post?

ChatNoir

I do agree with you but at the same time, just recognising that you’re lucky so far with your pregnancy wouldn’t go amiss.
In my group of friends 3 of the girls have kids. When the newest arrival was born, the mum did hypnobirthing. Gave birth, and said on our GC “easiest thing I’ve ever done”. The other 2 mums, one had an emergency c section where the epidural didn’t work so had to be put to sleep, and the other had an artery cut on her hoohaa by accident and could’ve died. She’s not part of our GC anymore lol. Just acknowledging “I’ve been really lucky so far, I’m really enjoying it it’s been DREAMY, I know every woman’s pregnancy is different” would make a difference I think.
I see what you mean and agree completely, but I guess I've just accidentally ended in many threads about influencers that got pregnant and I've seen how people tend to react whenever they complain even if it's just a little. Lily Pebbles's thread was... wild! She was suuuuuper moany though, just her regular self x1000 and I understand that it pissed a lot of people hahah but yeah, that's what I meant really. I can also remember an influencer, can't really figure out who right now, saying that she was scared about mentioning the "negative parts" of pregnancy because of the backlash she would receive from people saying that she's was super privileged and therefore couldn't complain because other people have it worse. I think that's the reason why so many influencers make pregnancy look so smooth, and in Megan's case having recently decided to stop sharing much about her private life... Maybe she intends to keep this pregnancy style/fashion related rather than opening up about it. Who knows though, I guess we'll see!

*Edit to say that I completely understand that people feel passionate about the subject, it's pregnancy and motherhood, something way more important in general than fashion and everyone has a different opinion or different experience with it. Everyone know's someone they love that had a hard time or a complicated birth, therefore it annoys us when an influencers come and makes it feel like a walk in the park... But there's also the other side that believe that because they are privileged and in a really comfortable position then have no right to "complain". I guess we see both parts in maternity threads and so they tend to be criticized whatever they do. And I understand it, never meant to say with my message that we shouldn't talk about it, just pointing out that they tend to be doomed both ways hahaha.

Last edited:

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
So. Tacky. And the Maccas in front of the baby?!
well at least it wasn't named Ronnie McDonald Craig :ROFLMAO:

of course Goldie is a unisex name, but I thought it was a boy at first. all influencers seem to give their offspring awful names better suited to pets or strippers, so why buck the trend?