Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MarthaFarkus

VIP Member
Urgh. C-Sections are most definitely not the easy option. As long as your baby is born safe and well, who gives a shit how its born. You don't get any medals for giving birth naturally but you DO get all the judgement in the world for have a section (regardless of the reasons) despite the horrendous recovery time and the lack of immediate bonding. I won't judge Megan for having a section if she does have one as it's none of my business how she brings her child into the world. I had a section because my daughter was arse first with extended legs, I lost a lot of blood and was a bit unwell after it but despite that I was glad, I didn't want to give birth - the thought of it terrified me and still does. So what? I didn't breast feed either and my kid is 17 now and healthier than me.

Soz for the rant but it really chaps my ass when people chuck the 'too posh to push' shit about. It's your body, your kid, your choice. C-Section shaming needs to stay in the past like all the other shit women get ragged for.

Reactions: 18

sheleg

VIP Member
I have a couple of low-end designer bags I bought when I was flush for about 10 seconds in my early 30s. I have a baby now and I haven't touched those damn things since she was born! if we go anywhere (hardly ever, because lockdown...) I schlep her changing stuff around in a carrier bag incase we take a detour to brown town.

• Haha

HinchythetwattyGrinchy

'Too posh to push' is such a horrendous term. Women already experience 9 months of pregnancy, which is by no means easy even if Megan insists her's is oh so "dreamy", and they should have the absolute freedom to choose their preferred labour. Majority of c-sections performed in the UK were the safest option, yet those women are branded as lazy? I have never been been pregnant, but I imagine this is a frustrating stereotype, to the point that it even leaves some women so conflicted that they are ashamed to have c-sections
There are many criticisms of Megan that I agree with, but we certainly shouldn't be tearing women down for prioritising their own and their baby's health and wellbeing
Completely agree. My sister in law was pregnant the same time as me (four months apart). She so badly wanted a natural birth but instead ended up having to have an emergency c section because my nephews heart rate slowed down a lot and he was at risk. I however, had a natural birth and it was fucking HORRIFIC. Completely put me off having more babies and sometimes I think if I was to get pregnant again, I’d ask for a c section because of how traumatic my labour was. Every birth story is different and should never, ever be compared.

Emalabemela

This is a really good point. She can't handle any criticism and immediately cries troll and blocks/deletes. I genuinely think she is not cut out to be an influencer because of this - she has no willingness to grow and adapt and she never engages with her followers. The problem now is she knows that if she is no longer peddling gear for other people or trying to sell the Ellaby merchandise then she won't have the life she has become accustomed to. Then again, if she thinks writing a ridiculous dull blog and taking photos of brands she wouldn't usually be caught dead in, is hard work then she is about to get the shock of her life trying to maintain her 'job' with a baby.
Totally agree. I mean I don’t know whether she gets nasty DMs but what’s gone on here isn’t trolling. If she’s seen it it’s because she’s chosen to look for it. And if the George rumours are true that’s not trolling, that’s your man being disgusting. She said she left YouTube because of negativity but I don’t know what that was about.
She seems very very sensitive for the job she has, as you say, and barely interacts with them.
I feel like she should take a leaf out of Katherine Ormerods book who I feel balances style, life, interiors, being a mum etc really well and has been so vulnerable and realistic about parenting and pregnancy whilst also being a really good fashion influencer.
I think if she was less ‘everything is sooo dreamy’ she wouldn’t get peoples back up so much.

MarthaFarkus

VIP Member
Well, congratulations to them and welcome to the world Goldie Rae. I think the trying to be relatable baby announcement pic fell a bit flat but each to their own. She looks healthy and has a good head of hair haha. Fair play to them, I do hope that Megan becomes less consumeristic (?) now though and focusses on the things that truly matter and that George becomes less of a letch. We live in hope.

• Heart

Herewithmypopcorn31

Agreed. She's said a little bit more on her pregnancy blog post today, there was a subtle shout out to us on Tattle on there too 😉
I especially liked the bit where they have held off on the big purchases such as a pram. Well of course that would make sense, as they will no doubt be gifted everything now the news is out.
You can see she is going to be one of those really annoying pregnant people. At least she now has something to fill the void as her insta/blog has got stale

Eskimogem

Chatty Member
I had a feeling she might be preggers when she posted a pic on insta recently in a baggy white shirt, it really looked like she was hiding a bump!

As much as we take the piss out of her on here, I really hope George sorts himself out and is a good Dad and partner to them both 🤞🏼

epicmature

Chatty Member

Looked this up because I’m decorating and man I miss her old style. Interior and fashion, she was sooooo cool it’s such a waste! Her new house looks nothing like this, how can someone change so drastically so fast

• Heart
  • Sad

aimzalicious

VIP Member
Who else is shocked with Georges weight gain from Megan’s stories today
I'm genuinely quite shocked by it! Of course, we don't know how stress affects him or what he's been eating (lots of greasy food and booze from Jimmy's I assume) but I've followed her since the early days of their relationship and I used to think George was quite fit - he was a Burberry model after all. But damn he looks like your average bloke in his 30's now.

Before:

Screenshot 2021-01-04 at 20.12.19.png

After:

Screenshot 2021-01-04 at 20.47.52.png

• Wow
  • Haha

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
imagine if she has a completely different style to her parents and has to use goldie while becoming an accountant or something?? i think they should have gone with goldie as a nickname for something like aurelia or marigold / played on name meaning.

• Heart

Emalabemela

Oh 100% not. She won’t share a thing x

She wants to be able to be an influencer with all the benefits like the money, status, gifts etc but doesn’t want to engage with her audience. Pretty foolish. She probs knows that it won’t last as people will get fed up with ads and will start losing interest in her but she will be trying to make as much money as she can now before I think she just disappears for good. I think she will just try to live through Saturday brand. I think she’s in cloud coo coo land because she was getting so successful being that sort of girl next door, friendly type of person but now it’s just ad, ad, ad. She is infuriating and the sooner people that still bow down to her realise this the better, coz she’s just using them for profits and clicks.
I agree. Having watched one of her old videos she’s changed so much. She’s super defensive and cagey and I think the fact she goes on about her mental health and those ‘don’t judge me’ quotes she puts up the whole time means she’s been really rocked by the allegations. I imagine in an ideal world she’d quit but it’s so lucrative and surely Jimmy’s will have struggled this year so she’s kind of backed herself into a corner where she has to carry on to make the money but I get the feeling she wants out big time. You can tell she hates it, her content has been the bare minimum since she quit YouTube. Also she won’t have maternity leave pay so she’s gotta push on through.

ELFILY

VIP Member
Obviously Megan is a beautiful lady but that face she does when she poses for pictures makes me die. The open mouth, sucked in cheeks is just too much 😂

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
This is the reason she will never be in the sort of position her sister is in. She's aggressive, rude and completely unlikeable. I don't know anyone who has had good dealings with her. I would also love them to be cancelled too, Faye especially.
Also her style is horrible. what qualifications, study or work experience firs Faye have? she seems to have zero interest in style. I would post this on her page, but it has less traffic as she has next to no influence outside of how to bully people.

Oh she didn’t have to buy any maternity clothes... why is this impressive to her

She really is so odd.
well of course she hasn't, she handed them straight over to George who has been wearing them very happily since Christmas.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Emalabemela

Just playing devils advocate but I don’t think anyone is shaming anyone for having a c section for good reasons... they’re just presuming she’ll have one to make sure her lady bits are still nice for George... or that’s what I read from it.
i think anyone who’s been though childbirth knows there is no ‘best’ way to give birth. I personally wish I’d had a c section (my birth was difficult and I lost a lot of blood and had to be wheeled straight into emergency surgery - didn’t meet my baby for hours).
I think people are just being funny/cheeky and implying she does everything for George because she’s so infatuated with him.
Anyway zero judgement here I just personally didn’t get the feeling that the comments were made to be judgemental aboutthose who have c sections.

• Heart
Recommendations for baby changing bags wanted aka gift me please I’m sure.
I don’t get it, she said “not Prada or Gucci” does she mean ie I don’t want a designer changing bag, or I’m open to designer changing bags just not prada or Gucci?

a designer changing bag is the most abhorrent thing I’ve heard... a designer bag for your baby’s poo paraphernalia...